Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

West Ham post match 1-1

1 minute ago, Dawko said:

Ndidi, the most overrated player in the squad. Completely lacking in any ball control.

Headers go straight up, he gets his foot to the ball but he has no idea where it is going after that, mostly to the opposition.

Bench warmer at best once Silva gets into the team.

Thought he didnt do too bad tonight. 

2 minutes ago, Dawko said:

Ndidi, the most overrated player in the squad. Completely lacking in any ball control.

Headers go straight up, he gets his foot to the ball but he has no idea where it is going after that, mostly to the opposition.

Bench warmer at best once Silva gets into the team.

Mate he made 7 tackles in this game. I'm not sure if you understand how crazy high that is, but that's a lot of tackles for one player in one game. He's not a technical player and to pretend Silva is anything like Ndidi is deluded. Not to mention he had over 80% pass completion so clearly you're talking out of your rear.

31 minutes ago, Foxy_jim said:

2nd post in and we are criticising a 20 year old on the pitch for 20 mins. Classic foxestalk.

Ffs its not like the player has just not had any amatuer, reserve team experience for majority of there there lives.  Chilwell should be better, he is showing lack of confidence.

Again, like Stoke we probably should have been out of sight at half time. They came out in the second half and as much as we didn't create a thing they looked likely to get the winner. So in the end I would say a draw is fair. We really need to start taking our chances when we are on top. Kasper at fault for their goal for me. If you're gonna come for the ball you need to come, don't hesitate as it causes confusion and look what it lead to. They defended very well and seemed to get everyone behind the ball very quickly when we were attacking which is never easy to break down especially when we look to exploit space at pace. Subs from Puel once again questionable for me. 

I seriously think that Puel is trying to get us to play in a way so that when Silva is eligible he will slot right in for us and I can see us going 433 with Gray and Mahrez out wide. 

Top performances from Simpson and Iborra. 

5 minutes ago, reynard said:

Lat's see where we are after the full round of fixtures and next weeks. Could easily be bottom 3 or 4 by then. And they are not a pretty decent team they are in the bottom three and one of the current favourites for relegation and we simply didn't have a clue in the second half. Makes me wonder what on earth Puel said to them at half time.

Well no we can't be, look at who is playing who, realistically the lowest we can go is like 15th, and even then the teams up to 5 or so places above us would be only 1 point ahead of us.

7 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

You talk like no team in the work apart from us ever pressed high.

We didn’t invent it and we’re still capable of it.

Kante isn’t the be all and end all.

But if we're containing teams then breaking we need a lot more than our current back four, and we need a lot more than our central midfield two. Occasionally we can pull it off as Brucey's pointed out. But without the club pushing for that style, in our managers and in our buys, I can't see it coming back: Vichai, Rudkin et al don't seem to be pushing for it.

15 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Puel I think will be good for us, we played some of the best stuff in a while under him in that first half... had we got the Peno we probably would have been talking about a great result tonight. However that second half just was a shambles and despite the positive first half our mentality switched to just settle for a point.

When a team is struggling even when playing them away you go for the throat, you play on the front foot and don’t allow them to create any sort of rhyme. We were happy to allow them to gain confidence and start dictating play in that second half, the subs showed we were happy to just go away with a point.

Put it simply... I want to see us just attack the sh*t out of teams like them, no confidence and can’t create f all. 

Sorry but pUel was poo hell

8 minutes ago, somebum said:

Childwell one of our best talents? The future is not bright the kid is crap

I dont think he is particularly crap but it does seem like we have never coached his final ball. His crossing seems to always go to an area where none of our players are.

I feel pissed off at having to do the round trip from South London to see that. God knows how those who made the trip from Leicester and further afield felt. That was garbage. Where were the runners and the incision? I can't believe we didn't release our attacking flair against them. In the end we were lucky to draw IMO. We seemed content just to pass it around without doing anything. I am still giving Puel the benefit if the doubt, but this better not have been a sign of what is to come a-la what Southampton fans have been saying. We allowed a West Ham side low on confidence and an early goal down to grow massively in confidence. So frustrating! Spurs will batter us if we play like that next week.

Puel has already lost the dressing room if indeed he ever had it in the first place. The players did not have a clue what they were supposed to be doing and quickly gave up trying to do whatever it was he told them to do Dark days ahead I'm afraid.

1 minute ago, Bunyip said:

Puel has already lost the dressing room if indeed he ever had it in the first place. The players did not have a clue what they were supposed to be doing and quickly gave up trying to do whatever it was he told them to do Dark days ahead I'm afraid.

All of what you just said is absolutely baffling.

48 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Well, it looks like I had great fortune in contracting norovirus and spending the entire match vomiting into a toilet.

Most of us spent the entire second half vomiting.

2 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Jesus Christ, I bet you're fun to be around...

There's lots of positive and lots of negatives of Puel's reign so far, I admire he's trying to change our style as it's absolutely needed but what's ironic is I think we'd be on 3 wins and a defeat had he stuck with 4-4-1-1 in the 4 games of his tenure as manager as we have been in decent form and especially Okazaki. We've played some serious shit one Everton, Stoke and West Ham and only have one win to show for that. 

We usually start era's for new managers ridiculously well but this has been a mediocre start now and is finely poised. It's quite clear that a possession based system of 4-2-3-1 does not sit comfortable with Simpson, Morgan, Fuchs and Ndidi. We're not going to be anywhere near what we're capable of until we bring in better replacements but I think it's needed. I suppose we could try and find a middle ground of our fast counter attacks and being more comfortable on the ball in between. I do feel Puel is now ramming home his methods when he might not have all the players for it and is wasting the obvious team talents of Okazaki and even Slimani. 

Vardy seems to be a passenger a hell of a lot under Puel, just nowhere near enough chances coming to him and that's a huge worry with no other striker in the team. 

That said the way we started games under Puel bar Man City we ought to have been home and hosed and to have to take the positives of that. I just hope he has a rethink in the coming games and realises he doesn't need to make drastic changes right now, Okazaki in with Vardy against pony like West Ham is the right call and not another midfielder. 

2 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Jesus Christ, I bet you're fun to be around...

About as much fun as that dog dirt dished up tonight? Sorry, but the appointment of Puel was a major mistake. He will be given the O.B.E before long.

2 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

We drew away from home in the premier league. Seen much worse. 

It wasn't the draw it was the manner of the draw. I can't for the life of me understand how anyone would want to try and polish that turd of a performance.

Archived