Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

West Ham post match 1-1

Christ almighty, reading the posts on here you'd think we were just absolutely battered. West Ham created nothing from open play. We were denied a penalty which as it turns out, would have won us the game. Their entire game plan was "put Carroll in the box and smack the ball at him", and that is all they did all game. They ground out a 1-1 when the score should probably have been 1-2. They just played the Pulis way, and we got a point away from home. Why are we all acting like we're 19th and sinking without a trace?

We had majority possession again away from home, yes we had less shots in total and on target than them, but I'm not sure they had a single effort with their feet.

Chill out.

I thought we did alright for part of the first half but that was probably gifted to us as they were nervous . We didn't match them for effort at all and trying to play little triangles on the edge of the box is fcuking ridiculous we are not Barcelona. And this was West Ham we were playing what you don't wantt to do is give away set pieces in dangerous areas , uhh hello.

Overall pretty sh#t performance certainly a 'work in progress' for Claude.

1 minute ago, Heskey2011 said:

Come on it wasn't that bad, great first 30mins and we did well not to bottle it at the end.

Jeez. Blue tinted specs. We could and should have buried them in the shit Olympic stadium turf.

Just now, Beechey said:

Christ almighty, reading the posts on here you'd think we were just absolutely battered. West Ham created nothing from open play. We were denied a penalty which as it turns out, would have won us the game. Their entire game plan was "put Carroll in the box and smack the ball at him", and that is all they did all game. They ground out a 1-1 when the score should probably have been 1-2. They just played the Pulis way, and we got a point away from home. Why are we all acting like we're 19th and sinking without a trace?

We had majority possession again away from home, yes we had less shots in total and on target than them, but I'm not sure they had a single effort with their feet.

Chill out.

Hallelujah!

At last, some perspective.

Take a bow son

12 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

No point bringing up a hypothetical pen. We didn't deserve to win tonight. Period.

As it transpires, we didn't deserve to win. But if that pen was given (and it should have been), would anybody on here be saying we don't deserve to be 2-0 up? I don't think so. At that point in the game we were well on top. 

One mistake and the atmosphere cranks up and you have yourself a different game. 

I'm not putting all the blame on the ref. We need to iron out the mistakes and we must be more clinical when we take a lead.

Bottom line is that we're nowhere near as far away from being a decent top half team as many on here would have you believe.

2 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Chill out.

I want to see progression that is why, teams that don’t threaten us from anything other than the odd corner  we should be trying to beat them at least not settle for a point ffs

3 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Absolutely, I watched that second half and thought, west ham are well shit, what are you gonna do

WH created virtually nothing yet we still went defensive and seemed to not have a clue as to how to get back at them. They were one of the worst teams I've seen apart from Crystal Palace. We should have been down their throats from the get-go and certainly not allow them to get back at us in the 2nd half in the way that they did.

4 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

Come on it wasn't that bad, great first 30mins and we did well not to bottle it at the end.

Unfortunately games last 90 minutes and for 60 we were awful. Tactically hopeless, completely unambitious and toothless. This against a side generally recognised to be in complete turmoil. What on earth will Puel come up with when we have to play someone decent away from home? May as well not play a striker with his approach.

4 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Chill out.

Problem with that analysis is that we did our best to give them set pieces from which to score! We were clueless and naïve in that.

Archived