Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

West Ham post match 1-1

3 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

I thought we did alright for part of the first nhalf but that was probably gifted to us as they were nervous . We didn't match them for effort at all and trying to play little triangles on the edge of the box is fcuking ridiculous we are not Barcelona. And this was West Ham we were playing what you don't wantt to do is give away set pieces in dangerous areas , uhh hello.

Overall pretty sh#t performance certainly a 'work in progress' for Claude.

NAA mate, this was open legs moment, we had them and should have the money shot, we foOKed it, and the manager couldnt even get the fluffer to perform 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

I want to see progression that is why, needs that don’t threaten us from anything other than the odd corner  we should be trying to beat them at least not settle for a point ffs

Well unless we want to flirt with relegation every season playing a stupid ball-over-the-top style hoofball, game after game, it's going to take time. We don't have the players with the technical ability currently to play the way Puel wants us to, but even with our relatively one-dimensional squad, we looked really decent in the first 40 or so minutes, and should have had them at 1-2 at least before half time.

16 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

Thought the game was on tomorrow. Didn't realise 'til I checked BBC sport, in the 89th minute.

Maybe there is a God.

So did the team by the looks of. They were so slow and ponderous it was like they were at home with their slippers on.

2 minutes ago, brucey said:

Created absolutely loads from set-pieces though. Those count just as much.

I’m not sure what they created from those, the probabilities worked in their favour because we settled for a point, rather than attack and put them under pressure, which would have lead to less set pieces for West Ham...

8 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Christ almighty, reading the posts on here you'd think we were just absolutely battered. West Ham created nothing from open play. We were denied a penalty which as it turns out, would have won us the game. Their entire game plan was "put Carroll in the box and smack the ball at him", and that is all they did all game. They ground out a 1-1 when the score should probably have been 1-2. They just played the Pulis way, and we got a point away from home. Why are we all acting like we're 19th and sinking without a trace?

We had majority possession again away from home, yes we had less shots in total and on target than them, but I'm not sure they had a single effort with their feet.

Chill out.

Because it's WEST HAM and they are shitter than us. if we can't beat the likes of them we will be 19th and desperate.

Having majority possession means **** all if you don't win the game. 

You must come from the Roy Hodgson school of football.

The Foxes tried to impose their high-tempo style from the first minute and they pressed high whenever Derby were in possession.

This quote from the match report of our U23s game which was played at the same time tonight. Makes me a little sad. I imagine that will go soon as well, since they try to match the U23s play style to the first team's.

Just now, Beechey said:

Well unless we want to flirt with relegation every season playing a stupid ball-over-the-top style hoofball, game after game, it's going to take time. We don't have the players with the technical ability currently to play the way Puel wants us to, but even with our relatively one-dimensional squad, we looked really decent in the first 40 or so minutes, and should have had them at 1-2 at least before half time.

On the plus side 1 point took us upto 11th, sadly 3 would have taken us into the top half

:crylaugh:

When will the excuses stop.

There will be excuses when we lose to Tottenham. Fact.

I can already see the excuses when we draw to Burnley - They're doing well (oops, made an excuse myself there already! Must have been brainwashed).

Newcastle are tough.

Southampton, always tough for an ex manager to go back.

Palace, relegation dogfight.

Man Utd, well it's a free hit isn't it, we should lose to them

Watford, they'll be full of Turkey.

Liverpool, see Man Utd.

Hudderfield, sore heads.

THIS IS A RUN OF GAMES WE SHOULD BE PICKING UP POINTS FFS!

Really shocked by the negativity on here. This was a really tricky game as they were utterly desperate for a win. Just the sort of game we have typically lost in the past.

For the first 30 minutes we were great,  with some lovely passing moves and good pressing. Admittedly, West Ham came back a bit for the last 15 minutes of the first half but we looked totally in control until we gave away our traditional soft goal off a corner.

That goal lifted them and in the second half they turned the game into a physical battle. We stood up to it well and whilst we were poor going forward we restricted them to very few chances.

I think people are forgetting how well we started. 

2 minutes ago, brucey said:

Created absolutely loads from set-pieces though. Those count just as much.

... that was like my entire point. That was their game plan, and that's been our weakness for ages now. There aren't many people that will be able to mark Carroll out of a game when we're conceding 20 corners or free kicks on the edge of the box.

3 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

What if you'd been offered that 4 years ago?

Would obviously have taken it ay the time but a lot has happened in 4 years as you know which puts us in a very unique position.

All a bit meh now in the league. Living for the cups now!

2 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Which is why we are desperate for a player like silva, Iborra, silva and ndidi in the middle should give us more in the middle against most in this league imo 

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

On the plus side 1 point took us upto 11th, sadly 3 would have taken us into the top half

True, and we should have been leading 1-2 going into the second half had the referee not bottled our penalty shout. West Ham equalising just before half time changed everything, and had it been 1-2 going into the half I reckon it would have been completely different.

13 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Christ almighty, reading the posts on here you'd think we were just absolutely battered. West Ham created nothing from open play.

And we drew. Against a side who created nothing from open play. I'm not knee-jerk, I'm certainly willing to give Puel time and think tonight was just as much bizarre decision making from the players as it was his tactics, but here's no denying we should be beating these Football League sides.

Mahrez was atrocious. I'm not sure where he was playing but he's never suited being a number 10 / "in the hole" type as he is very one footed and can often slow down play when he's in the middle. He's a winger and doesn't provide the bridge between defence and attack that Shinji does. Iheanacho is a poacher. Slim is a target man. Nobody offers what Shinji does and it's invaluable to actually getting Vardy involved.

Fuchs is spent. I love the bloke, but he's had it now. This should be the season we're bedding Chilwell in - we aren't going down, put him in, let him get some valuable minutes and learn. Fuch has lost the legs but his brain is still there.

Kasper isn't what he was, either. I don't know what it is, but his authority in his box has completely plummeted.

We desperately need Silva or another body in the middle so we can switch to a three because at the minute we're leaving our most dangerous player completely devoid of any service.

It was a crap game and the best player on the pitch was Iborra by an absolutely country bloody mile.

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I’m not sure what they created from those, the probabilities worked in their favour because we settled for a point, rather than attack and put them under pressure, which would have lead to less set pieces for West Ham...

They created three very good shots on target. Which resulted in one goal, and two good Kasper saves. I think Kasper is worse at saving direct free kicks than saving shots from open play, so if I could choose I'd rather those WH chances to have been from open play.

Just now, Beechey said:

True, and we should have been leading 1-2 going into the second half had the referee not bottled our penalty shout. West Ham equalising just before half time changed everything, and had it been 1-2 going into the half I reckon it would have been completely different.

Just everyone else still needs to play, so could take us further down the league... 

Just now, dayday said:

If we are going to persist with this possession based football , I would prefer it when we have the right personnel .

Appleton spoke about small tweaks to our tactics, well looking at that we went the full hog.

Tweaks diddnt work today against bullshit appointment s

Just now, brucey said:

They created three very good shots on target. Which resulted in one goal, and two good Kasper saves. I think Kasper is worse at saving direct free kicks than saving shots from open play, so if I could choose I'd rather those WH chances to have been from open play.

Like I said they had a lot of set plays, we can’t defend them so the odds were one would go in... had we decided to play attacking football they wouldn’t have had half the set pieces they did have... because they would have had to concentrate more defending... we made them look decent and that isn’t a good thing 

Archived