Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

West Ham post match 1-1

32 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Mahrez mardy face at being taken off. Need to create a pattern of play now without him I'm afraid. This wasn't it.

He clapped as he exited. What do you want him to come out with joy?

Also this wasn't a great performance from him but he has been one of the most consistent in the past games. So chill

1 minute ago, alanf0x said:

Win your home games, draw away against the teams around you. An away point in the premier league is a good one. Let's not get above our stations! 

That only works though if you win your home games. Which we dont.

10 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

howReally shocked by the negativity on here. This was a really tricky game as they were utterly desperate for a win. Just the sort of game we have typically lost in the past.

For the first 30 minutes we were great,  with some lovely passing moves and good pressing. Admittedly, West Ham came back a bit for the last 15 minutes of the first half but we looked totally in control until we gave away our traditional soft goal off a corner.

That goal lifted them and in the second half they turned the game into a physical battle. We stood up to it well and whilst we were poor going forward we restricted them to very few chances.

I think people are forgetting how well we started. 

And how poorly we finished the last 30 mins. We should have snuffed them out but we didn't. We let them back into the game and put ourselves under pressure.

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

And we drew. Against a side who created nothing from open play. I'm not knee-jerk, I'm certainly willing to give Puel time and think tonight was just as much bizarre decision making from the players as it was his tactics, but here's no denying we should be beating these Football League sides.

Mahrez was atrocious. I'm not sure where he was playing but he's never suited being a number 10 / "in the hole" type as he is very one footed and can often slow down play when he's in the middle. He's a winger and doesn't provide the bridge between defence and attack that Shinji does. Iheanacho is a poacher. Slim is a target man. Nobody offers what Shinji does and it's invaluable to actually getting Vardy involved.

Fuchs is spent. I love the bloke, but he's had it now. This should be the season we're bedding Chilwell in - we aren't going down, put him in, let him get some valuable minutes and learn. Fuch has lost the legs but his brain is still there.

Kasper isn't what he was, either. I don't know what it is, but how he his authority in his box has completely plummeted.

We desperately need Silva or another body in the middle so we can switch to a three because at the minute we're leaving our most dangerous player completely devoid of any service.

It was a crap game and the best player on the pitch was Iborra by an absolutely country bloody mile.

Is nobody reading the rest of my post or something? You're restating exactly what I said. We conceded via a set piece, something we've been awful with for seasons now, we were solid enough to not allow them to create anything from open play, which is more than we could have said with Ranieri or latter stages of Shakespeare. Our wingers faded as the game turned and that killed our hopes of winning, and the fact that only one of our CMs can make a decent pass isn't ideal. I'm more than happy at this stage to be 11th in the league with another 75 points up for grabs.

Mahrez was absolutely abhorrent. He stifled any counter attacks he was a part of. Although I'd definitely not say he is one footed at all, he's probably the most dual-footed (?) player we have in the team, he just makes bad decisions. Agree on Fuchs, we got murdered on his side repeatedly tonight.

I'd like us to play 433 with Silva, Ndidi and Iborra in midfield when we get the chance, I'd feel much happier with Ndidi sitting, allowing Silva and Iborra to carry the ball forwards and make passes into the wingers or striker.

Just now, Beechey said:

Is nobody reading the rest of my post or something? You're restating exactly what I said. We conceded via a set piece, something we've been awful with for seasons now, we were solid enough to not allow them to create anything from open play, which is more than we could have said with Ranieri or latter stages of Shakespeare. Our wingers faded as the game turned and that killed our hopes of winning, and the fact that only one of our CMs can make a decent pass isn't ideal. I'm more than happy at this stage to be 11th in the league with another 75 points up for grabs.

Mahrez was absolutely abhorrent. He stifled any counter attacks he was a part of. Although I'd definitely not say he is one footed at all, he's probably the most dual-footed (?) player we have in the team, he just makes bad decisions. Agree on Fuchs, we got murdered on his side repeatedly tonight.

I'd like us to play 433 with Silva, Ndidi and Iborra in midfield when we get the chance, I'd feel much happier with Ndidi sitting, allowing Silva and Iborra to carry the ball forwards and make passes into the wingers or striker.

Don't get frustrated that no one is reading your post fully. It's par for the course. I thought it was spot on.

5 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Really shocked by the negativity on here. This was a really tricky game as they were utterly desperate for a win. Just the sort of game we have typically lost in the past.

For the first 30 minutes we were great,  with some lovely passing moves and good pressing. Admittedly, West Ham came back a bit for the last 15 minutes of the first half but we looked totally in control until we gave away our traditional soft goal off a corner.

That goal lifted them and in the second half they turned the game into a physical battle. We stood up to it well and whilst we were poor going forward we restricted them to very few chances.

I think people are forgetting how well we started. 

Come on they are in disaray. Are we not desperate for a win as well? We've won at their place for the last two seasons and they were there to be beaten. Unfortunately we have a manager who appears so utterly negative that we just don't look capable of scoring for most of the match. I'm afraid you don't get many points in a season by playing well for just 30 minutes of a match. However, people to try and dress this result up it is a bad one. This was a match we needed to win and for the whole of the second half didn't look like we had any idea how to.

2 minutes ago, Redouane said:

He clapped as he exited. What do you want him to come out with joy?

Also this wasn't a great performance from him but he has been one of the most consistent in the past games. So chill

Three claps. Without looking up. Disappointing primadonna.

6 minutes ago, Foxy_jim said:

2nd post in and we are criticising a 20 year old on the pitch for 20 mins. Classic foxestalk.

When has being young meant being immune to harsh words? Gray gets slaughtered on here and some genuinely hate him. Schlupp was called brain dead on here in almost weekly basis.

2 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I didn't read it fully to be honest but thats par for the course

Well, it looks like I had great fortune in contracting norovirus and spending the entire match vomiting into a toilet.

Happy to share the love so others can avoid Tuesday’s inevitable drubbing. Kisses for a tenner. Full boyfriend experience £45.

2 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Win your home games, draw away against the teams around you. An away point in the premier league is a good one. Let's not get above our stations! 

These were the exact results that Shakey was getting though, and he got fired for it.

The style of play under Puel may have changed (more possession).

One change to the starting XI (Gray instead of a second striker).

But nothing's really changed. Performances haven't changed. Slightly dodgy subs are still happening.

Results haven't changed. Losing against all the top sides, Drawing against the mid table sides, Winning a few against the bottom sides.

Things that Shakey was good at - getting the players to play for him, recruitment, U23s... still up in the air as to whether Puel is at least as good, although I fear he is worse.

I still maintain that the sacking was premature.

Taking Mahrez off and bringing on Chilwell  gave all the wrong signals to West Ham. Showed we were settling for a draw. Luckily for us, West Ham are shit so didn’t take advantage. For me, let’s try and keep our most talented player on the pitch. Just switch his position if it’s not working. Gray wasn’t any better than Mahrez today and yet he got 90 minutes. I don’t blame Mahrez for being a bit frustrated being subbed. He’s our one player who’s proven he can make something out of nothing. 

Archived