Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

West Ham post match 1-1

We had some great  movements, in the 1st half, that should of been translated into 2 sure goals.

Ndidi, still blows hot n cold, he breaks up oppo play, gets into some good attacking positions, then fluffs it, by pivoting when he doesnt need to, or spends too much time trying to control the ball, beat his man turning backwards, when a simple forward pass is only 6-8yrds from him.

Puel is trying, to put his  mark, into the squad, trying to get the team to play more with the ball,

so he needs to be shown patience from the fans.

Ndidi, Mahrez and Gray, have to be coached even more, 

*to release the ball earlier, keep the move going.

* how to get on the right side of the oppo player , they let the oppo drift off them to easy and

then lose 2nd ball, everytime.

*Its never too late for Schmeichel to get him  command that 4-8 yrds in front of him.

*his kicks from hand, are too often too high, or go out, hes lost that control...

*Albrighton and Simpson, should just sometimes stop checking but power forward...

*The team as an whole are stopping, checking too frequently...its far too often, when teammates  are free..we need to pick up more fluency....This has to come from within the team on the day.

5 minutes ago, brucey said:

The Foxes tried to impose their high-tempo style from the first minute and they pressed high whenever Derby were in possession.

This quote from the match report of our U23s game which was played at the same time tonight. Makes me a little sad. I imagine that will go soon as well, since they try to match the U23s play style to the first team's.

I feel your pain but I'm not completely on board. I miss the high press, high tempo style - after all it gave us that trophy. But were we ever going to do it without Ngolo? And the one man I thought could make it work didn't make it work. Without the club saying "We're a high tempo high pressing counter attacking club now let's find someone who can manage in that style" I can't see anything but Puel's tactics working.

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I thought Gray was dog shite. I can't see where all the spaffing comes from. 

And Chilwell must have one of the worst 'final balls' in the Premiership.

On the plus side, Ndidi is going to be superb, as is Harry.

Unfortunately Fuchs is also crap so Chilwell is our only option. And unfortunately Mahrez is inconsistent and Okazaki has 1 good game in 10 (6 of those he spends on the floor) so we have to play Gray. 

44 minutes ago, Koke said:

Okazaki would have spent 60 minutes on the floor and be subbed off. He's not this game changer people treat him like. 

Can't agree with that. I've seen the entire team start playing harder when he comes in to rush around like a pinball. His energy can be infectious, and today, in the 2H, we saw a side playing some sleepy football. At the 60 minute mark, we could've used a jolt.

Cant really remember anything from that 2nd half. I think we could have won and either were too conscious of our next game or too scared to lose. 

Schmeichel will never get a big move though, kicking, positioning, etc too sketchy. Fuchs is skinned every week. Puel is trying to mold us into being comfortable in possession but half our team are dreadful so the play is boring and ineffective. Might work with a different striker though.

Iborra seemed alright though. Thank god we didnt have King out there.

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

I feel your pain but I'm not completely on board. I miss the high press, high tempo style - after all it gave us that trophy. But were we ever going to do it without Ngolo? And the one man I thought could make it work didn't make it work. Without the club saying "We're a high tempo high pressing counter attacking club now let's find someone who can manage in that style" I can't see anything but Puel's tactics working.

We did it in the post-Ranieri bounce vs Liverpool and Sevilla. We did it fine at the start of the season with James and Ndidi. The U23s are doing it just fine too. 

It's a bit depressing when I look forward to watching the U23 games more than the first team games now.

3 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

You talk like no team in the work apart from us ever pressed high.

We didn’t invent it and we’re still capable of it.

Kante isn’t the be all and end all.

Puel I think will be good for us, we played some of the best stuff in a while under him in that first half... had we got the Peno we probably would have been talking about a great result tonight. However that second half just was a shambles and despite the positive first half our mentality switched to just settle for a point.

When a team is struggling even when playing them away you go for the throat, you play on the front foot and don’t allow them to create any sort of rhyme. We were happy to allow them to gain confidence and start dictating play in that second half, the subs showed we were happy to just go away with a point.

Put it simply... I want to see us just attack the sh*t out of teams like them, no confidence and can’t create f all. 

3 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Enough with ‘West Ham didn’t create much’. Yeh, that’s cos they’re crap.

I’m more interested in what we created. In the second half we created nothing.

Both teams should be ashamed.

Atleast they tried.

Ultimately it was the same result so trying or not is irrelevent but what I mean is they tried to change the game, we didn't, the game may aswell have finished at half time and done everyone a favour.

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Don't get frustrated that no one is reading your post fully. It's par for the course. I thought it was spot on.

I'm genuinely perplexed as to why everyone is having such a meltdown at the fact we drew away from home against (let's be fair) a pretty decent team who set up to pump the ball directly onto Carroll's head (our main weakness). Yet every time I refresh the page there's more people tearing their hair out over the fact we're only 11th with 25 games yet to play.

Puel's comments were spot on

"It was difficult to defend their long balls. Andy Carroll is always difficult to defend against. Okay, we finish with a draw but it's a little bit frustrating."

4 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I'm genuinely perplexed as to why everyone is having such a meltdown at the fact we drew away from home against (let's be fair) a pretty decent team who set up to pump the ball directly onto Carroll's head (our main weakness). Yet every time I refresh the page there's more people tearing their hair out over the fact we're only 11th with 25 games yet to play.

"It was difficult to defend their long balls. Andy Carroll is always difficult to defend against. Okay, we finish with a draw but it's a little bit frustrating."

It was tough and yes they found energy and desire that they haven’t had pretty much all season but it was the way we just settled for the point that frustrates me. The game was very winnable and the second half we didn’t play that way 

the first half was brilliant the second half was an absolute shambles, we are good at attacking and playing that way just do that for 90 minutes 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

It was tough and yes they found energy and desire that they haven’t had pretty much all season but it was the way we just settled for the point that frustrates me. The game was very winnable and the second half we didn’t play that way 

I get your point, but when the crowd was as fired up as they were it was always going to be hard to get back into it. We could have won it in the first half for sure. Happens when you're not clinical. Vardy missed a decent chance, on a corner the ball went through every player in their box and none of our players attacked it (had they done so it probably would have almost been a tap in), and of course we weren't given the penalty. On their end, they got one goal from set piece and as far as I can remember, they didn't really have any other chances.

Ndidi, the most overrated player in the squad. Completely lacking in any ball control.

Headers go straight up, he gets his foot to the ball but he has no idea where it is going after that, mostly to the opposition.

Bench warmer at best once Silva gets into the team.

Just now, Dawko said:

Ndidi, the most overrated player in the squad. Completely lacking in any ball control.

Headers go straight up, he gets his foot to the ball but he has no idea where it is going after that, mostly to the opposition.

Bench warmer at best once Silva gets into the team.

Just fvcking lol.

7 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Lat's see where we are after the full round of fixtures and next weeks. Could easily be bottom 3 or 4 by then. And they are not a pretty decent team they are in the bottom three and one of the current favourites for relegation and we simply didn't have a clue in the second half. Makes me wonder what on earth Puel said to them at half time.

Archived