Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bellend Sebastian

What talent do you wish you had?

My mother-in-law, for example, probably dreams of being able to bake a cake that is more than 1 inch thick, although I expect some of you probably have somewhat loftier ambitions.

I wish I was a competent songwriter. I can play guitar reasonably well but I've literally never written a song. A thousand shite bands may have convinced themselves otherwise, but I don't think it's in everyone and it's definitely not in me.

I think I'd find it tremendously rewarding, both from a perspective of entertaining other people, but also entertaining myself

27 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I wish I was a competent songwriter. I can play guitar reasonably well but I've literally never written a song. A thousand shite bands may have convinced themselves otherwise, but I don't think it's in everyone and it's definitely not in me.

8 minutes ago, Marmite said:

I would love to be able to speak numerous languages fluently  

These two were the first that came to mind for me. Although I'd need to learn how to play guitar as well as write songs.

I'd just like to be more artistic, anything really art or music even cooking would do, to be less pragmatic as I think it limits one in many areas.

Fundamentally after football,which I was rubbish at and DIY, which I'm getting a bit too old for I don't have any real 'relaxing' interests it just doesn't seem to be within me.

Sadly work was my pastime although it was interesting and stimulating as i was involved in new product development. 

being able to speak another language fluently is a good one - that'd be useful.

I'm already pretty into producing / writing music and stuff like that so that's covered. 

I'd like to be able to draw / paint / tattoo - that'd be ****ing great. tattooing especially - very well paid, fun. 

48 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Same for me.

I've always liked English and poetry and I prefer lyrics over music but would love to be able to write stuff.

I’d like to be able to perform magic.

The David Blaine type of stuff with cards and watches etc.

A colleague of mine does it as a hobby but is good enough to have got into The Magic Circle and he performs at social events as a sideline for some extra cash. 

It’s a great ice-breaker too. 

23 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

I wish I could sing.  When I went to school choir was compulsory but I was excused.

I used to work with a teacher who was asked not to sing with her pupils by the headteacher for performances, ect..

Edited by MPH

1 hour ago, Simi said:

These two were the first that came to mind for me. Although I'd need to learn how to play guitar as well as write songs.

The basics of guitar are actually pretty straightforward and I honestly think anyone can do it, with a bit of patience.

Singing as well. I'm a shit singer, but I can sing a bit - had a few lessons and got loads better. There's a bit of a technique to it which unless you're really lucky and it comes naturally to you, I don't think you'd know about unless you're shown