Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

2018 Deathlist

Refugee campaigner and vocal opponent of austerity-riddled Tory Britain - The World's Oldest Rebel -  Harry Leslie Smith. 

He remained passionate about the freedoms he personally fought for, even at the age of 95. Inspirational bloke.

• Like 1

Paul Sherwen has died at the age of sixty two. Paul Sherwan was best remembered for his commentary with Phil Liggott on the Tour De France for channel four and then itv four. he covered 33 tour De frances as well as other numourous cycling races. I remember when i first started listening to the Tour De france on cjannel four in the mid eighties and his commentary was legendary.

56 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Can't bring myself to joke about this one, I'm afraid. One of my all-time favourite bands. :(

Remember being absolutely blown away, as a mixed-up 15-year-old, hearing them do "Ever fallen in love" on TOTP, then getting to hear "What do I get?", another emotional roller-coaster. 

Gradually got into all their singles and albums. A truly, truly great band - brilliant punk-pop singles - catchy yet raw with emotion, then innovative albums, distinctive, experimental sound....

Shelly did some interesting solo stuff, too, after they split: e.g. the stunning "Homosapien". 

For anyone who doesn't know their stuff well but likes something they hear, it's well worth getting "Singles Going Steady", their singles compilation - particularly if you're young and emotional.

"Love Bites" is probably my favourite album.

Every word of this is true.

An absolute icon to an inquisitive,  slightly confused, rebellious teenager back in the day.

R.I.P. Pete Shelley.  You gave me an alternative to Abba, Boney M, Bee Gees etc.

NOISE ANNOYS ?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, boots60 said:

You gave me an alternative to Abba, Boney M, Bee Gees etc.

NOISE ANNOYS ?

"You know the scene, very humdrum.....Boredom, Boredom....B'Dum, B'Dum!"

(Though I quite liked Abba, not a cool thing to admit at the time - or now!)

2 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Can't bring myself to joke about this one, I'm afraid. One of my all-time favourite bands. :(

Remember being absolutely blown away, as a mixed-up 15-year-old, hearing them do "Ever fallen in love" on TOTP, then getting to hear "What do I get?", another emotional roller-coaster. 

Gradually got into all their singles and albums. A truly, truly great band - brilliant punk-pop singles - catchy yet raw with emotion, then innovative albums, distinctive, experimental sound....

Shelley did some interesting solo stuff, too, after they split: e.g. the stunning "Homosapien". 

For anyone who doesn't know their stuff well but likes something they hear, it's well worth getting "Singles Going Steady", their singles compilation - particularly if you're young and emotional.

"Love Bites" is probably my favourite album.

Just for you Alf .... a classic right here 

Edited by Suzie the Fox
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Paddy Ashdown aged 77.

One day you're occupying the centre ground, next day you're occupying consecrated ground. :S

A bit surprised at this one. He seemed like one of those who'd live to 100.....the days when there were credible, effective leaders in British politics, eh?