Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Crazy Politically Correct happenings and issues thread

4 minutes ago, stevelcfc said:

Define 'Politically correct'?

It's just an empty phrase racist, homophobic, transphobic, sexist bigots use to try and legitimise their medieval views when they get shut down.

The example given by the OP is one more to do with equality of opportunity than political correctness.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

@GaelicFox I did say you'd win no friends on here with your OP. You asked for trouble mi old son. Consider yourself shot down by the 'shoot down at every opportunity' brigade.

lol

He knew what he was doing col, and he loves it. If he was ever bothered what people thought of him, he would never have told us he was Irish :ph34r:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Strokes said:

He knew what he was doing col, and he loves it. If he was ever bothered what people thought of him, he would never have told us he was Irish :ph34r:

Yeah, I think he does know tbf. I never cease to find it funny though, the number of people who SLAAAAAAAM down as soon as their typing fingers allow them to.

As expected, @Finnegan most probably saw it as a great opportunity to get some brownie points.

lol

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

Proud member of the Shoot Down at Every Opportunity Brigade right here. I love SLAAAMING down as fast as my fingers allow.

Indeed. Excellent effort.

I feel convinced that yourself, @Strokes and @Bucewould get on like a house on fire. You could go round each other's houses, watching for signs of political incorrectness and all that and SLAM...get on the fooker!

:thumbup:

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Indeed. Excellent effort.

I feel convinced that yourself, @Strokes and @Bucewould get on like a house on fire. You could go round each other's houses, watching for signs of political incorrectness and all that and SLAM...get on the fooker!

:thumbup:

Again, you are talking bollox.

I'm not at all a fan of political correctness, but what Paddy has identified as PC, isn't.

Edit: As for Strokes and Moose, I'm sure I'd get on fine with them - it's just fools I don't suffer gladly...

Edited by Buce
  • Haha 1

Actually, given that there's an "I'm old enough to remember thread", perhaps Gaelic Fox is "old enough to remember" when with the assistance of prosthetic slanted eyes, David Carradine was cast as Kwai Chang Cain instead of Bruce Lee? Solely because the makers of Kung Fu didn't want to their ratings to suffer or impinge on the sensitivities of a US TV audience by having a Chinese person play a Chinese character. 

And with that thread still in mind, here's a wonderful example of racial inclusivity, outreach and diversity from the 1970s...

Are you similarly incensed?

3 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

The world is paralysed by political correctness 

Political correctness is a leftist scourge its everywhere these days 

the maxists will of course accuse anyone of highlighting this madness as being racist etc....

Who are these? People that claim the name Max is the supreme name?

On a serious note though I saw the remake Ghost in the Shell earlier in the year and caucasian Scarlett Johansson was playing a robot – a human playing a robot! I blame Corbyn.

11 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Actually, given that there's an "I'm old enough to remember thread", perhaps Gaelic Fox is "old enough to remember" when with the assistance of prosthetic slanted eyes, David Carradine was cast as Kwai Chang Cain instead of Bruce Lee? Solely because the makers of Kung Fu didn't want to their ratings to suffer or impinge on the sensitivities of a US TV audience by having a Chinese person play a Chinese character. 

And with that thread still in mind, here's a wonderful example of racial inclusivity, outreach and diversity from the 1970s...

Are you similarly incensed?

Tbf, Bruce Lee couldn't act for shit.

12 minutes ago, danny. said:

Who are these? People that claim the name Max is the supreme name?

He means Marxists, there's a famous chapter in Das Kapital about cultural sensitivity and casting in Christmas theatre productions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1