Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Who's your current favourite player?

Vardy. Without him we're awful as he sums up our ascent, our effort and our ability as he sets the tone for almost everything. It's uncanny how our journey has paralleled his, written off, unfancied and scoffed at yet we've both always proven the doubters wrong. Turned down Arsenal, made me proud when watching England and you get the impression he absolutely fúcking loves it here. What a bloke.

• Like 1

Vardy. However much I’m dreading the day Mahrez goes, it is nothing to how I felt about the prospect of Vardy leaving us. 

When he turned down arsenal he cemented his place as Mr Leicester City for me. His rise and his determination to beat the odds, along with his competive and fiery attitude in every game makes him my fave. 

When Leicester came up to play Huddersfield in September, it was notable that Huddersfield fans all wanted to see Vardy play. I think it’s easy to forget sometimes how lucky we are to see players like him week in week out. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Donut said:

Id say Wes.

He knows he doesnt have much time left at the top but its almost like he is having a second wind and has put in some assured but underrated performances.

Of course he makes errors but you rarely see him rashly go into a tackle or expose a team mate by a poor piece of positional play.

Add to that he has been a good leader and i love that hes proved me wrong numerous times when ive questionned him.

Agree with this. 

Wes Morgan is my favourite player. Made the most of his talent. Probably the one player who has proved me wrong nore times than others. Good leader and generally a good guy.

Probably Vardy, he is the figurehead of the team, the romance of his rise from non- league, his effort and spikiness and if you met some lost tribe in the amazon rainforest and said you were a Leicester fan, they would still probably ask about JV.

Must add I have done 180 degree turnaround on Shinji.  I was one of his fiercest critics.  I thought he was our weak link and couldn't see past his lack of assists and goals.  The penny has dropped this year and he is among my favs.

Big love for Schmeichel and Wes and new recruits Harry and Silva will surely rise up my list (if Harry stays).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, murphy said:

and if you met some lost tribe in the amazon rainforest and said you were a Leicester fan, they would still probably ask about JV.

Actually, not having heard of the Premier League far less game of football they'd probably be more concerned with why you were approaching their village and ask you in some form of Arawakan tongue why you were ripping all the trees out and poisoning their land. 

Watching the front two of Vardy and Shinji is honestly brilliant, their work rate and desire is something to behold. They both go out and give everything possible, as if they were fans themselves. 

Players like Iborra and Mahrez as well; Iborra just appears to have hours on the ball and Mahrez just is magic.

With most of my first few years watching having been Levein, then obviously League 1, its been absolutely amazing to watch. 

Remember my dad saying at the League 1 trophy presentation not to get used to this and it'll be a long time before we see nights like it again... 

Such a hard question to answer because we have a very likeable team and squad and anyone involved in our title win or champions league adventure will always be legendary to me. 

I’d go for Vardy because even though he’s  one of the best strikers in the league he still relentlessly chases down lost causes and gets us on the front foot. Honestly I’d rate him as a better player than Lukaku and Moratta for what he does for the team. And of course his story just makes him even more likeable. 

However, our best player and almost my favourite is Mahrez. I remember seeing Juninho play against us in the cup finals years ago and wishing we had such a player. Well honestly in Mahrez we have an even better player! Sure he often is anonymous in games and has thrown many a sulk but some of the things he can  do are insane and I don’t think we will ever see a player as technically good play for us again. 

Kasper, Morgan, Huth, Shinji, Albrighton, Fuchs and Simmo will always have a place in my heart and Ndidi, Maguire and Iborra are awesome too. Honestly I feel we are lucky to have a team with such good characters as many of the tops team don’t. 

• Like 1