Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Leicester v Fleetwood - FA Cup Replay Pre-match Thread

On 13/01/2018 at 17:23, Spicer said:

We'll probably need to rotate a lot of the players who put in a big shift at Chelsea. But we should field a strong team

Huth played 90 in the U23's yesterday. I wouldn't mind he and Sam Hughes being the CB pairing seeing as they have played together in their last two matches. Iborra and Silva should be the midfield pair.

Hamer, Amartey, Huth, Hughes, Fuchs, Gray, Iborra, Silva, Musa, Nacho, Slimani.

I agree for everything but musa id play gray, also i wouldnt try iheanacho and slimani.

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

CP: "The FA Cup, with its history and tradition in England, is important to the fans. It’s a possibility to play against other teams from other divisions. It’s important to respect this competition."

Basically the dreaded vote of confidence. Expect a shit XI.

The city fans should start to embrace the squad, and though I tend to defend, the individual Players and selections.

The selection considered from Coaching  staff and Puel, we must stand by.

One old boring statement, that we hear in every FA cup eras.The top teams squads should be too good for the lower minions.

History shows different...Remember Leatherhead /wycombe/Millwall.

Even though it can be exciting an precarious, for both teams, this week its only lose..lose for us.....

but,

Puel should not be castigated on his FA-cup selection...

Every single squad player of Leicester, will be responsible for a positive or negative result on this tie.

We should be the fittest, have more quality in play character and mentalIty

No slackers, the players in our and their situation, must give all, some careers are coming to an end,

Some just kicking off, some ready to grab hold of. You are 8th in the PL table, prove to us as ...

Individuals, and as a 20-24 man TEAM ....They Cant fall back on the manager, this is their gig.

So On the chosen players I would criticise or give balanced plaudits, There is no excuse,,,

A controlled 2-0, maybe a 3-1, will suffice. If he gets on the Pitch Nacho, should bust his guts,

to put in a decent shift, and show his quality..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

The city fans should start to embrace the squad, and though I tend to defend, the individual Players and selections.

The selection considered from Coaching  staff and Puel, we must stand by.

One old boring statement, that we hear in every FA cup eras.The top teams squads should be too good for the lower minions.

History shows different...Remember Leatherhead /wycombe/Millwall.

Even though it can be exciting an precarious, for both teams, this week its only lose..lose for us.....

but,

Puel should not be castigated on his FA-cup selection...

Every single squad player of Leicester, will be responsible for a positive or negative result on this tie.

We should be the fittest, have more quality in play character and mentalIty

No slackers, the players in our and their situation, must give all, some careers are coming to an end,

Some just kicking off, some ready to grab hold of. You are 8th in the PL table, prove to us as ...

Individuals, and as a 20-24 man TEAM ....They Cant fall back on the manager, this is their gig.

So On the chosen players I would criticise or give balanced plaudits, There is no excuse,,,

A controlled 2-0, maybe a 3-1, will suffice. If he gets on the Pitch Nacho, should bust his guts,

to put in a decent shift, and show his quality..

Sorry but you really can't compare the Leatherhead and Wycombe matches to what goes on now. We played a full side against Leatherhead. There was no managerial talk of resting players in those days and the crowd that day was huge and the atmosphere electric, a far cry from what it will be like against Fleetwood. The Wycombe match featured our strongest available side and Muzzy playing pretty much most of the second half on one leg. Crowd turned up.

These days managers of the top teams just don't respect the competiton or the fans who attend or indeed in my opinon the sponsors. You can't blame them I suppose as the Premier League is now worth so much money but it is ruining what was once a great competition.

If managers chose to treat the competion as a joke you can't really expect the players to do anything but follow suit unfortunately.

1 hour ago, reynard said:

Sorry but you really can't compare the Leatherhead and Wycombe matches to what goes on now. We played a full side against Leatherhead. There was no managerial talk of resting players in those days and the crowd that day was huge and the atmosphere electric, a far cry from what it will be like against Fleetwood. The Wycombe match featured our strongest available side and Muzzy playing pretty much most of the second half on one leg. Crowd turned up.

These days managers of the top teams just don't respect the competiton or the fans who attend or indeed in my opinon the sponsors. You can't blame them I suppose as the Premier League is now worth so much money but it is ruining what was once a great competition.

If managers chose to treat the competion as a joke you can't really expect the players to do anything but follow suit unfortunately.

If they are poor proffesionals..and dont want to perform in their Chosen  proffesion, no Matter what  their managers do.

They dont belong to anything in a decent society.... ..They are non-performing highly paid  benifit Wasters...point 1.

Point 2..all comparisons are relative.The era doesnt change the standards of expectation...

Point 3..you are missing the point, that even with all the advantages, giant-killing is always on the cards.

Point 4... the barbarians in Rugby, one week to train, they still put on a performance.

Our heroes of the squad have been training together since last august, after a 2 day training

Heads up, then selection, its not the manager, who fails on selection, but the individual players

attitude and preperation, for the game.They are not being asked to step out of their comfort zone.

They are by football logic, which they themselves believe, better than Fleetwoods ,

Players and    Earn even has a Whining  bench warmer, more than The Whole fleetword squad...

Thats why my                Expectation and pressure is on those selected players alone.

Puel or any manager, can only open

that   door, to would be potential talent, expressing that they are up for it.

Lose they can, but that

Shift at fleetwood, was quite pathetic..The players not Puel owes the fans...

Another thing..dont get pulled into this load of crap, spoken by media, fans on the terraces,

Even top managers.  They are just presenting a different M s rketting face, that in the past ,

would Of got them laughed out their jobs. Players and managers still want that trophy,

No matter which one it is..Manu a few years ago abused the moral of all football, they have

Never been forgiven. Look how everyone of these top managers, still hold dear those so called

2nd + 3rd trophies has major successes in their cvs.

With social media, as a club, a manager a top player when you LOSE, you can always sell the idea You have other priorities, nice instant excuse and cop out.Keeps the media wolves from the door, lightens the pressure...

Be real...they are hurting, but are more Cockey  and ready   to make excuses.  The fans, use  it for their banter, candid remarks,ready made accepted excuse, nobody , no one, likes to show that others have got one over them....

Think about it...!!!     .they lose it hurts, when they win they shout to the heavens what it means..

Money hasnt and cant disolve that will to win...I believe the Participants ,and their real ambitions and emotions ,   not the Smart  marketting Dozos.

Just look at any sport, and the sportsmans Joy even in Low priority tournaments or dead rubbers....The manager, the players havent degraded the cups, its how the media portray it.

Look how we are chasing Europe, some will have you believe Its the losers cup....

Amazing how some like , shitting upon others parade...its how you ride the crap, and you respect whats put before You...Tell me that Chelsea, L'pool dont want that FA cup..!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

If they are poor proffesionals..and dont want to perform in their Chosen  proffesion, no Matter what  their managers do.

They dont belong to anything in a decent society.... ..They are non-performing highly paid  benifit Wasters...point 1.

Point 2..all comparisons are relative.The era doesnt change the standards of expectation...

Point 3..you are missing the point, that even with all the advantages, giant-killing is always on the cards.

Point 4... the barbarians in Rugby, one week to train, they still put on a performance.

Our heroes of the squad have been training together since last august, after a 2 day training

Heads up, then selection, its not the manager, who fails on selection, but the individual players

attitude and preperation, for the game.They are not being asked to step out of their comfort zone.

They are by football logic, which they themselves believe, better than Fleetwoods ,

Players and    Earn even has a Whining  bench warmer, more than The Whole fleetword squad...

Thats why my                Expectation and pressure is on those selected players alone.

Puel or any manager, can only open

that   door, to would be potential talent, expressing that they are up for it.

Lose they can, but that

Shift at fleetwood, was quite pathetic..The players not Puel owes the fans...

Another thing..dont get pulled into this load of crap, spoken by media, fans on the terraces,

Even top managers.  They are just presenting a different M s rketting face, that in the past ,

would Of got them laughed out their jobs. Players and managers still want that trophy,

No matter which one it is..Manu a few years ago abused the moral of all football, they have

Never been forgiven. Look how everyone of these top managers, still hold dear those so called

2nd + 3rd trophies has major successes in their cvs.

With social media, as a club, a manager a top player when you LOSE, you can always sell the idea You have other priorities, nice instant excuse and cop out.Keeps the media wolves from the door, lightens the pressure...

Be real...they are hurting, but are more Cockey  and ready   to make excuses.  The fans, use  it for their banter, candid remarks,ready made accepted excuse, nobody , no one, likes to show that others have got one over them....

Think about it...!!!     .they lose it hurts, when they win they shout to the heavens what it means..

Money hasnt and cant disolve that will to win...I believe the Participants ,and their real ambitions and emotions ,   not the Smart  marketting Dozos.

Just look at any sport, and the sportsmans Joy even in Low priority tournaments or dead rubbers....The manager, the players havent degraded the cups, its how the media portray it.

Look how we are chasing Europe, some will have you believe Its the losers cup....

Amazing how some like , shitting upon others parade...its how you ride the crap, and you respect whats put before You...Tell me that Chelsea, L'pool dont want that FA cup..!!!

I think we will have to agree to disagree politely on this one.

Managers may want to win it but it isn't their priority.  If we played Leatherhead today we would play pretty much a disjointed third team and hope to get through. We didn't and would never have done that in the 1970s. There's no doubt at all in my mind that winning domestic cups means far less to many players now than it did 30 or 40 years ago. The same trophies in mainland Europe do not mean as much nor do they mainly carry the same history and prestige as the FA cup. I'm not trying to pick on overseas players but I honestly don't believe winning one of our domestic cup trophies means as much to them as it did in the 70s to more local British players.

The game has changed, evolved and in so many ways improved but the sheer greed at the top of the game and the financial rewards of the Premier League ensure that staying in that is now more important than risking players in an attempt to win domestic cups. So the bottom teams weaken those trophies by playing weakened teams whilst the top teams are more interested in Europe. Even the teams in the championship play weakened sides!

Money has created a situation where the top 6 are now so far ahead of the rest that though I'm sure they would be happy to win the FA cup I really don't think they mind if they don't. As long as the cash cow of Eurpoean football and playing in the champions league is there along with the chance of winnign the league the domestic cups remain small fry to the big clubs where once they were considered major trophies. even some fans of these sides are not too fussed about winning them.

I’d expect more or less the same team that played the first match. This time Puel has PL games either side of it and needs to keep Mahrez et al fresh for Watford. On the other hand, that XI can be told to get us out of the mess they got us in.

Huth to play in a full strength (for now) back four; King & Silva are certain starters. Gray and Slimani very probable.

Id probably add Barnes & Iborra to that to finish the XI.

Vardy on the bench with Iheanacho, James, Choudhry & Benny + 2...

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Schmeichel

Amartey

Huth

Dragovic

Fuchs

Iborra

James

Silva

Gray

Iheanacho

Vardy

That's more like it. 

Some people are posting up some absolute pony lineups. 

We all saw how well such bullshit went down the last time around. 

• Like 1