Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Leicester v Fleetwood - FA Cup Replay Pre-match Thread

If we dont go strong in this we are liable to be on the end of a shock, i could see it that going that way last twenty minutes at fleetwood

boulger won everything in the air at both ends we could do with maguire playing to nullify him, our forwards on the day never had a sniff  at

goal, slimani was out muscled we need a bit of pace against these.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CORNFOX68 said:

If we dont go strong in this we are liable to be on the end of a shock, i could see it that going that way last twenty minutes at fleetwood

boulger won everything in the air at both ends we could do with maguire playing to nullify him, our forwards on the day never had a sniff  at

We got away with it at Fleetwood (back pass benny and the post late on) put a half baked team out tonight and we might pay for it. I don't get all this rest the players. Never rested them in the championship or winning the prem. We don't have europe if 38 prem games and a few cup games is to much something is wrong. Not long ago sqauds were 18 at best div 1 pre prem was 42 games how the fvck did teams ever manage to complete a season.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CORNFOX68 said:

Yup...its hard graft being a city fan, we never know what turns up...

But I do believe, if Puel fielded a simular side, this time out we would see an entirely different approach...

but then again...!!

11 minutes ago, sylofox said:

We got away with it at Fleetwood (back pass benny and the post late on) put a half baked team out tonight and we might pay for it. I don't get all this rest the players. Never rested them in the championship or winning the prem. We don't have europe if 38 prem games and a few cup games is to much something is wrong. Not long ago sqauds were 18 at best div 1 pre prem was 42 games how the fvck did teams ever manage to complete a season.

Because football is played at a much higher level now and there are more physical demands of the players. This Leicester City side would dominate European football like no other side in history if you put them back into the 1970's and 1980's.

Physically and tactically the game has moved on miles. Years a go teams played the same XI every week and the players diets were crap and they drank far too much but those players weren't superior men than the men of today and they wouldn't last five minutes in today's game with that kind of lifestyle.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Because football is played at a much higher level now and there are more physical demands of the players. This Leicester City side would dominate European football like no other side in history if you put them back into the 1970's and 1980's.

Physically and tactically the game has moved on miles. Years a go teams played the same XI every week and the players diets were crap and they drank far too much but those players weren't superior men than the men of today and they wouldn't last five minutes in today's game with that kind of lifestyle.

Correct they drank and ate whatever like every other player. They don't drink now have a perfect diet and sports science. Its all relative.

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Yep - as athletic performance has been further unlocked and developed, every 'athletic' sport there is has benefited - some took individual players to realise what was possible (Federer/Schumacher) - whereas with other it was just a general improvement over time.  The basic athletic standard now is much higher than it used to be across the board, even if there are still exceptional individuals who manage to go that one bit further/faster than anyone else.

The game is about glory and this is Fleetwood's chance for it.  I expect a performance out of them, it doesn't matter that it's at our place, their motivation should still be high.  We take this one lightly at our peril.  I remember many years ago we were drawn at home against Leatherhead and were 2-0 down 15 minutes into the second half before Keith Weller kindly got a hat-trick.  We were a good Div.1 team at that time and Leatherhead were non-League but they were up for it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

The game is about glory and this is Fleetwood's chance for it.  I expect a performance out of them, it doesn't matter that it's at our place, their motivation should still be high.  We take this one lightly at our peril.  I remember many years ago we were drawn at home against Leatherhead and were 2-0 down 15 minutes into the second half before Keith Weller kindly got a hat-trick.  We were a good Div.1 team at that time and Leatherhead were non-League but they were up for it.

ooh memories..... Steve Earle, Denis Rofe, Mark Wallington et al

Thanks Crinkly!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I reckon we keep it tight and let Fleetwood play their posession game. If we do this effectively, we'll force them into penalties or better yet, nick one ourselves from a set piece or long ball to Slimani. 

They’re not Man City. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ecdysiast said:

ooh memories..... Steve Earle, Denis Rofe, Mark Wallington et al

Thanks Crinkly!

No second, third or fourth choice players on view for that cup tie, I wish it were like that currently and we really put a challenge in for the big blank in our domestic trophy case.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

No second, third or fourth choice players on view for that cup tie, I wish it were like that currently and we really put a challenge in for the big blank in our domestic trophy case.

35 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Does anyone remember big Bob hazel what a beast not skilful but built like a tank 

2 hours ago, sylofox said:

When we won the Prem we had Spurs in the FA Cup on the Sunday and rested players, Spurs didn't. We then played them again on the Wednesday (this time in the league) and we won 1-0.

I think squad rotation is necessary to keep everyone match fit and interested. Not saying replace 11 players each week, absolutely not, but keeping a good level of squad fitness as a whole. Look at Dragovic, he never played and then suddenly got thrown in due to injuries, took him a few games to settle (which is to be expected).

1 hour ago, norwichfox said:

Not quite blank Norwich...but there's certainly a big glaring gap

Mis-read, sorry. we're on the same page...

Edited by Ecdysiast
  • Haha 1

We will win.

The pitch is far better. It's difficult to play like we do on lower league pitches like Fleetwood. You've got to remember all pitches in the PL are immaculate.

Even if he starts the exact same side as he did at Fleetwood we will win.

We've got to beat two League One sides to get into the 5th round and if that's not motivation I don't know what is.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

Rubbish just think of the pitches  and leather balls and the tackling it is todays players who would struggle in those conditions and  teams like Liverpool  won the league fielding 15 players and playing 60 matches look how they bellyache today. I  suppose you think the England team who lost to Iceland would  murder the 1966 team get real