Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Leicester v Fleetwood - FA Cup Replay Pre-match Thread

6 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

Rubbish just think of the pitches  and leather balls and the tackling it is todays players who would struggle in those conditions and  teams like Liverpool  won the league fielding 15 players and playing 60 matches look how they bellyache today. I  suppose you think the England team who lost to Iceland would  murder the 1966 team get real

Yes I do, you're looking at it from a nostalgia point of view.

Players of today are much better physically and tactically than they were in the 1970's and 1980's. The reason they could 60 matches a season with the same XI is because the game then was a lot less demanding. It's all conjecture of course because we don't have anything but opinions to back it up so lets look at a sport that can be measured.

In 1990 Leroy Burrell was the 100m world record holder with a time of 9.90. 

Since then 25 men have ran quicker than that, there is no reason why football wouldn't be the same. If the England team of today could play the 1966 World Cup winning team they'd thrash them through vastly superior fitness levels and tactical awareness. 

Why is everybody obsessed with the FA cup? I realize many members on here are older, and maybe back in the day the FA cup was prestigious, but those days are long gone.

I'd rather we focus on getting qualified to the Europa league than pulling out the big guns for this competition.

Would be cool if we won, but not at the expense of the PL

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Why is everybody obsessed with the FA cup? I realize many members on here are older, and maybe back in the day the FA cup was prestigious, but those days are long gone.

I'd rather we focus on getting qualified to the Europa league than pulling out the big guns for this competition.

Me too. Europe via 7th place looks a more likely route to me.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Redouane said:

It's surely about saying that you've won something that you were the best in that competition.  Even though finishing 7th in the premier league would be good and it would be great to have European football it would surely be even better to say we actually won something.

1 hour ago, Redouane said:

I'm obsessed by the FA Cup still and even though some may not see it as 'prestigious' I certainly do. Plus as others have pointed out, it's the only trophy we are yet to win. We also hold the record (correct me if I am wrong) for the most final appearances without a win!

I want European football again, but a domestic trophy win is a great route to get it.

Why can't we achieve 7th place and a cup win? Should be aiming for both. The squad is big enough and our so called 'reserves' are more than capable of beating the likes of Fleetwood and Peterborough. It's how they apply themselves. Last game we were appalling.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

I'm obsessed by the FA Cup still and even though some may not see it as 'prestigious' I certainly do. Plus as others have pointed out, it's the only trophy we are yet to win. We also hold the record (correct me if I am wrong) for the most final appearances without a win!

I want European football again, but a domestic trophy win is a great route to get it.

Why can't we achieve 7th place and a cup win? Should be aiming for both. The squad is big enough and our so called 'reserves' are more than capable of beating the likes of Fleetwood and Peterborough. It's how they apply themselves. Last game we were appalling.

I didn't say throw away the FA cup, I'm just saying that some here are suggesting that we go full strength. Yeah, we should definitely be more capable of winning, but we shouldn't start Vardy, Albrighton, Okazaki, Mahrez, Ndidi, Maguire, Morgan, ect. 

Edited by Redouane