Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Grow up and get behind Riyad, or: stop listening to the press and wait and see how he reacts on the pitch

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

Whilst i agree wholeheartidly with the sentiments of your post, the highlighted part simply isnt true.

He refused to turn up for training and refused to play against Everton. that, by every definition is downing tools, refusing to play and kicking up a fuss , surely?

As has been said quite a few times in the thread, he was the subject of a deadline day bid. He was never going to be in our first team squad. 

2 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I remember Slimani saying he stopped driving in with Riyad because he (Riyad) was always late

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

This, not that it really matters in the slightest by the way, was on team mates on Soccer AM I believe, Jamie Vardy said he was always late.

But ultimatley who fcking cares

Fair enough. I hadn't heard that. Was curious to know where that had come from.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

It is true in fairness that most of the stuff written about him hasn't been proven at all. He missed the game, yes, but that's not necessarily his fault when he's in the middle of negotiations.

A lot of it is based on convenient rumours. The sort people blindly believe and they don't realise they're doing it.

If they're proven to be true then I agree he's an arse.

But they haven't even proven the transfer request yet have they?

Him being 'unhappy and refusing to play' is just a convenient story for the media. If he then goes on to play it's some sort of '"dramatic u-turn" or whatever nonsense they come out with. It's killing the sport and replacing it with a soap opera.

Why hasnt he or the club denied any of it then?

The bottom line is that Man City ****ed us about rather than paying the £80m we asked for (source: the Merc) by offering us £50m and a player they rated at £15m whom we didn't think was worth that.  Maybe he should be upset that ultimately, Man City weren't prepared to pay the going rate. I honestly think, while they wanted him, they obviously didn't want him that badly otherwise he'd be a Man City player right now. 

I feel for him and get that he wanted a chance at a top club but you don't just fail to turn up to training (if that Tweet is accurate). Especially when your club pays you north if £100k a week. Transfer window is closed now anyway so what is that going to achieve? Not like he can force through a move now is it?

Edited by Paddy.

6 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

If he plays on Saturday, scores a couple, sets up Vardy for a couple and turns Swansea inside out, then this will all be forgotten.

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

As has been said quite a few times in the thread, he was the subject of a deadline day bid. He was never going to be in our first team squad. 

Yeah not being at the game really isn't a stick you can beat him with. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

The bottom line is that Man City ****ed us about rather than paying the £80m we asked for (source: the Merc) by offering us £50m and a player they rated at £15m whom we didn't think was worth that.  Maybe he should be upset that ultimately, Man City weren't prepared to pay the going right. I honestly think, while they wanted him, they obviously didn't want him tha badly otherwise he'd be a Man City player right now. 

Was it confirmed by anyone who the Man City player was?

5 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

How do you know this mate? Genuine question

Various players have said it (vardy Kante and Slimani for example) 

i also know someone who works near the players entrance on matchdays who says he’s usually the last one rushing down the tunnel 

11 minutes ago, MPH said:

Whilst i agree wholeheartidly with the sentiments of your post, the highlighted part simply isnt true.

He refused to turn up for training and refused to play against Everton. that, by every definition is downing tools, refusing to play and kicking up a fuss , surely?

True.

Couldn't have played since there were negociations on-going.

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Was it confirmed by anyone who the Man City player was?

Don't think so mate. Been reported widely though that it was a player Man City claimed was worth £15m and we didn't agree. It was probably Bersant Celina or someone of that ilk. 

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Thats irrelevant as he also refused to travel with the team.

5 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

True.

Couldn't have played since there were negociations on-going.

Could of played if we wanted him to but i understand if WE chose not for him to but he also refuse to train and travel with the team? I think thats the part that has upset people... unsettled or not, he's still a leicester city player and we pay his wages so hew has an obligation to train and travel with the team, if we so wish him to

Edited by MPH