Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Grow up and get behind Riyad, or: stop listening to the press and wait and see how he reacts on the pitch

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

still our best player, still fu cked without him. 

guess it depends on your viewpoint. he’s clearly in a bit of a mard cos he wanted to win 4 trophies in the next 4 months instead of finish midtable. i doubt today’s training session was very important or exciting seen as only the reserves and probably not even the manager will have been there (i don’t know this, i just assume with an away game last night). if he never comes back then fair enough he’s a dafty, if we’re all going to calm down in the next few days and he says fair enough i’m here now, may as well get back to winning the ballon d’or then it’s all gravy. 

nobody normal is going to react sensationally to one line news reports that don’t have any sources or any particularly damning/uplifting news. 

Thanks, I feel a bit better now! (All hail the magical one) 

Is it a bit too much to expect Sky Sports to elaborate on this story ? lol 

4 hours ago, the fox said:

the club value him at 95 million but pay him 100k a week? what a joke. benteke is on 120k, van dijk on 180, mkhi on 170. ozil on 350, hazard and cesc on 220k, and if reports are true, sanchez is on 500k. the only player that you can say is the clear out better player is hazard (and maybe sanchez)

those numbers are from reports, i can't say that they are 100% true but they are close enough

Exactly, I'd be more than happy to earn £100k a week myself but if the going rate was £200k a week for someone of my skill set then I'm underpaid regardless of earning a fortune.

FWIW I wouldn't be surprised if the club did offer him a new contract with a big pay rise and a suitable release fee. That way we never have to go through this again and if someone wants Mahrez then they can get him for the release fee, no argument then.

1 hour ago, Oswinner said:

The fans need to let him know what a **** he's been/being. Full-on booing him and chants of 'You're not fit to wear the shirt' would suffice. Showed his true colours, hope he rots in the ressies like Musa did.

Sounds productive and will definitely spur on the other lads. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Koke said:

Then he curls one into the top corner and we all celebrate.

I don't celebrate reserve team goals very much. He's disrespected our club one too many times. He came out and said that he only played well to get a move away...what about playing well for your team-mates? Not to mention the 100k a week your bosses were paying you. Why sign a contract for 4 years if you so desperately wanted out? He's an idiot.

5 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

You are not a supporter of this club. You cannot have an ounce of support for a club when you're wishing severe, potentially life-changing injuries on one of our players. I don't care if he's been to training today, not been or is sitting in the Etihad reception. Don't say such ridiculous, disgusting crap like this.

Shameful

I am a supported of the club, I am not a supporter of riyad, club comes first and if he wants to claim he is "depressed" and "down" he needs a reality check! We had a ****ing foodbank at the ground the other week because some people who idolise him have nothing, and the money we pay to the club he is throwing this back at us. 

• Thanks 1

Possibly Sky Sports pissing about, possibly wasn't at some sort of debrief of last night's game.

If true though, he's jeopardising his own career. Like the genuinely big clubs are going to want some whiny little twat who goes on strike. 

Hope it's nonsense for the sake of both the club and Riyad.

1 minute ago, Collibosher70 said:

I'd be depressed too with only a 100 grand a week going into my account..a sports car given to me by my boss..money from sponsorships etc.

Yeh...I'd be pissed

see gerard's post

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Exactly, I'd be more than happy to earn £100k a week myself but if the going rate was £200k a week for someone of my skill set then I'm underpaid regardless of earning a fortune.

FWIW I wouldn't be surprised if the club did offer him a new contract with a big pay rise and a suitable release fee. That way we never have to go through this again and if someone wants Mahrez then they can get him for the release fee, no argument then.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

To be honest Sky Sports have made it into their own soap opera and if they’re making it up it’s really unprofessional from them

They'll give you half truths. Technically they're not lying, he didn't show up but they don't tell you why.

His dissapointment must be immense, missing on another PL, Cup and probably UCL medals. The club coud have given him one day or two off to cool off his head. Or he really did throw his toys and began the process of killing his own career. Very unlikely that he's going to be lined-up against the Swans now.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Like 1

BREAKING NEWS

Riyad Mahrez did not report for training at Leicester this morning, according to Sky sources.

Sources have told our reporter Rob Dorsett that Mahrez is 'depressed' after his failure to force through a move to Manchester City, and that he doesn’t feel his emotional state is strong enough to play football at the moment.

Mahrez has now missed training two days in a row and didn't feature in Leicester's 2-1 defeat to Everton on Wednesday.

I’m told Riyad Mahrez failed to report for #lcfc training this morning. He has now missed two training sessions and a game, so is technically in breach of contract and on strike. Sources say he is depressed after failing to get his move to #mcfc.

Edited by Molson Canadian

4 hours ago, the fox said:

earn what? 100k? you mean less than lingard? he is underpaid believe it or not.

if it isn't his fault then why are people blaming him?

Oh fvck off with your under paid. He's getting paid the agreed amount as stated in the contract he agreed to and signed. No one forced him he chose to sign it.

Also he's hardly earning peanuts. Some of the fans that support the club probably struggle to pay bills and eat sometimes. Nothing you say will justify his or any footballers wages. lollol under paid like fvck nurses and firemen are under paid.

Of course Mahrez will be hurting that the possibility of picking another title winning medal has passed him by but in all honesty he should have acted in a more professional manner this week given the unfortunate result last night at Everton. Advice is; get your head down, work hard and who knows what might happen in the summer.

1 minute ago, Molson Canadian said:

BREAKING NEWS

Riyad Mahrez did not report for training at Leicester this morning, according to Sky sources.

Sources have told our reporter Rob Dorsett that Mahrez is 'depressed' after his failure to force through a move to Manchester City, and that he doesn’t feel his emotional state is strong enough to play football at the moment.

Mahrez has now missed training two days in a row and didn't feature in Leicester's 2-1 defeat to Everton on Wednesday.

I’m told Riyad Mahrez failed to report for #lcfc training this morning. He has now missed two training sessions and a game, so is technically in breach of contract and on strike. Sources say he is depressed after failing to get his move to #mcfc.

Good god.

1 minute ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

I am a supported of the club, I am not a supporter of riyad, club comes first and if he wants to claim he is "depressed" and "down" he needs a reality check! We had a ****ing foodbank at the ground the other week because some people who idolise him have nothing, and the money we pay to the club he is throwing this back at us. 

Well you don't support the club, do you? You're wishing injury on an asset which by the way has helped to bring the club you so claim to support such joy over the last 2 1/2 years.

Your response is something I'd expect of a petulant child. You seriously need to grow up and reevaluate your life priorities by saying another human being should get injured. Such a pathetic man. Calm down or step away from they keyboard for a few hours.

No issue with you being angry, no issue with you thinking about the perspective of this situation, but two broken legs? Really? Really?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Thanks, I feel a bit better now! (All hail the magical one) 

Is it a bit too much to expect Sky Sports to elaborate on this story ? lol 

yeah they’ve elaborated and it’s rob dorsett (known for chatting complete shit) claiming magical “sources” state mahrez is too depressed to go to training. which will be the same “source” that said the same thing last night. which was his agent apparently. so it’s just a re run of the same story of him being a bit annoyed (and his agent being even more annoyed) that he didn’t get a move he wanted. 

so its literally not a story. except it is. cos, y’know, stupid people. x. 

1 minute ago, Footballwipe said:

Well you don't support the club, do you? You're wishing injury on an asset which by the way has helped to bring the club you so claim to support such joy over the last 2 1/2 years.

Your response is something I'd expect of a petulant child. You seriously need to grow up and reevaluate your life priorities by saying another human being should get injured. Such a pathetic man. Calm down or step away from they keyboard for a few hours.

No issue with you being angry, no issue with you thinking about the perspective of this situation, but two broken legs? Really? Really?

Grotesquely excessive in my view

One would be sufficient

Just joking. He needs a bit of time. Probaby quite a stressful sleepless night or two for him. He'll be back

Man City are c***s

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

I can't believe he is saying he is "depressed" he doesn't know what real depression is. What's the difference between faining metal illness and physical injury. Needs to get a ****ing grip and do the job he is paid for and signed a contract for

Didn't you just wish that someone breaks both of his legs? Make up your mind.

Edited by ZeGuy