Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Grow up and get behind Riyad, or: stop listening to the press and wait and see how he reacts on the pitch

I'm well aware they make some things up. But there's no way in hell sky would be allowed to print he hasn't turned up for training if they didn't have concrete proof.

They'd be open to being sued by Riyad and the club...

So yeah he's earned 42k so far this week for being absent.

Top bloke. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

He isn't depressed, he's just annoyed that we didn't accept the offer.

Probably some ploy from his agent to get him to not play, driving down his price in the summer end his career. Pretty crafty if you ask me.

fixed.

Not that I believe one bit of this extragavant assumption.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

It would surely only be pretty crafty if it's a short-term absence and he returns and performs well?  That's assuming this rumoured absence today is true and not agreed with Puel...

If he messes us about for the next 6 months, it won't get him a good move in the summer, surely? Bigger clubs wouldn't want him if he was so erratic and disruptive.

True, it might drive down his price and harm LCFC but it would do serious damage to his career, too.

If these rumours are true, I hope that Claude gets to speak to him soon and persuades him to reintegrate with the squad, get his head down and he can have his move in summer.

Hopefully the management team will also be speaking to the other players about this so that Riyad can be reintegrated without resentment and damage to morale - though they'd be entitled to be pissed off if he's messing the squad around.

Yeah you're probably right, Sky were the ones that ran with the word 'depressed' in the first place I think.

Be interesting to see how it pans out- hopefully he just gets his head down, can't see the other players being an issue if he does.

3 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Yeah you're probably right, Sky were the ones that ran with the word 'depressed' in the first place I think.

Be interesting to see how it pans out- hopefully he just gets his head down, can't see the other players being an issue if he does.

The other players will certainly take issue about him not showing up at the training ground the day before the match. Even if he wasn't going to play, it would have had a positive effect on the team.

That's the only thing that really annoyed me in the whole circus.

Edited by ZeGuy

Just now, ZeGuy said:

The other players will certainly take issue about him not showing up at the training ground the day before the match. Even if he wasn't going to play, it would have a positive effect on the team.

That's the only thing that really annoyed me in the whole circus.

Yep, biggest game of the season down the toilet because of his actions. He's got some making up to do!

3 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Lucky for him I'm not on the team. I'd be a right WUM. lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Market value based on the market created by the likes of Man City paying massive amounts.

Can't let him go cheap and effectively hand millions to one of the richest clubs in the world just because he's sulking

But his value will now start to depreciate. As time goes on his contract runs down, plus if he doesn’t play, or doesn’t play well, it will go down too. So it’s all well and good saying don’t accept anything less than 95, buy in reality we will probably be receiving offers south of 50m going forwards so it’s money lost.

Just now, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

What happens if mahrez breaches his contract, I read that if he breaches his contract to be released from the club CAS can fine mahrez upto 25% of his market worth and his next club will have no choice but to pay 100% of his market value o leicester ? Anyone shed any light on this

Not gonna happen, it would be suicidal. He's going to sulk a couple of days and then realize that there is no other way than keeping on performing until next summer.

His agent and advisors need to be shot though.

Honestly hope he NEVER plays for us again.. He's acted like a spoilt little brat. Don't care how good he is. He's taken the piss out of our club that has made him the player he is today! 

Crazy not to have taken the 65m yesterday. Now we're lumbered with the twat until the summer. 

Edited by weller54
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

nah, rob dorsett is always spreading shit so people follow him on twitter and watch sky sports news. his agent (not even sure if it was his agent) said the stuff about him being down cos he didn't get a move. last night. we all saw it, we all cried about it, we all woke up this morning and wanted more news. rob dorsett and sky sports have now given us BREAKING NEWS, that mahrez's agent has said he is depressed and upset about not getting a move. except that's not breaking news, is it, it's literally yesterday's news. 

but hey folk wanna start having hissy fits about it all over again, not even 24 hours after we last had folk having hissy fits ABOUT THE SAME QUOTE AND THE SAME BREAKING NEWS, then that's cool by me! 

Well you know, it's not good is it. There's being upset and then there is not turning up to traning (the actual news) obviously they then rehash everything they've reported over the past two days as that's what they do with everything. 

Hopefully this just gets resolved soon could really do without weeks of disruption wrecking our form. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Honestly hope he NEVER plays for us again.. He's acted like a spoilt little brat. Don't care how good he is. He's taken the piss out of our club that has made him the player he is today! 

Crazy not to have taken the 65m yesterday. Now where lumbered with the twat until the summer. 

lumbered with the best player we've ever had and one of the best players on the planet. what a shame. 

4 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well you know, it's not good is it. There's being upset and then there is not turning up to traning (the actual news) obviously they then rehash everything they've reported over the past two days as that's what they do with everything. 

Hopefully this just gets resolved soon could really do without weeks of disruption wrecking our form. 

as a few others have said, i'm not really sure not turning up to training is actually much news at all, all things considered. obviously there was going to be a slightly tense, cooling off period. unless anyone can find out that we demanded he went to training today and he whatsapped claude with a middle finger emoji and he's currently on the fruity in the market tavern, then it's only half a news story. just like him "going awol" last night, when in reality we'd obviously said you're not gonna be in the matchday squad, so he just had a day off. 

it'll get resolved in a couple of days. unfortunately it seems we have all agreed on a few days to sort himself out which means he won't be playing at the weekend, you'd assume, but then he'll be back and it'll all be forgotten. and we'll be bloody lumbered with him, what a shame. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, sylofox said:

He was not anywhere near a £95m player when he signed. He only is now because the markets gone wild.

Give you a break ffs you really are having a fvcking laugh. You really put money making above saving lives.

Are you just here to wind people up.

Making a comparison between Footballers/Golfers/Rock Stars/Actors and Nurses/Firefighters is ridiculous.

I don't know what you do but there's a fair chance that you may earn more than nurses/firefighters do, how would you feel if your employer told you you weren't having a payrise because of it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oswinner said:

The fans need to let him know what a **** he's been/being. Full-on booing him and chants of 'You're not fit to wear the shirt' would suffice. Showed his true colours, hope he rots in the ressies like Musa did.

That's the spirit. Let him know, boo him, hurt the team and the club on the way.

Would be curious to see how much brain cells we'd find if we count yours and all of those think like you. Probably not much.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

lol. Overreaction of the year.

Yeh like payet. 

To be honest hes burnt his bridges either way. The player and more importantly the person does not want to be here. Simple as that. 

It will be easy enough to go on strike and just as easy for puel to keep him out the team. 

Can see him getting a phantom 'ankle' injury any day.