Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Grow up and get behind Riyad, or: stop listening to the press and wait and see how he reacts on the pitch

7 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It's in every media outlet in Great Britain, 

I intend to, I do however feel people should not feel obliged to, it's all gone past that now, if they feel he's gone to far I don't think they can be called out for it anymore.

Totally agree Manwell, I am always on the side of positivity, reason and understanding. I genuinely believe our owners and the club got it right and Riyad and his so called advisors were very misguided if events transpired as widely reported!

Edited by Bluetintedspecs

37 minutes ago, dooflip said:

I think the owners have had a stinker here. 95mil is a bit greedy, especially for a player who doesn’t want to be at the club and could now cause unrest and hinder the rest of our season.

a great player yes, but an absolute areshole.

as a player I love Riyad, but I desperately want him out of our club. He’s a bad apple, he’s proven that.

hes now saying he’s never going to play for the club again. How is that going to effect the players, especially the likes of gray and diabate when he gets the nod ahead of them?

id have happily taken the 75 that was being banded about yesterday, maybe even 65/70 as 11pm loomed.

i hope I’m wrong, but I have a worrying feeling our season is going to fall off a cliff after yesterday.

man city are as much to blame as riyad,  but that doesn’t make him innocent. He doesn’t deserve ou support anymore, we’ve let him off the hook too many times.

its no good keeping players who don’t want to be here. Many will say that we were better to keep him than take what we were offered, but I tend to disagree with that notion.

i could be completely wrong, and I hope I am and that he comes out firing and has a cracking second half to the season. But I fear we will once again see the mahrez we saw before puel came in.

Market value based on the market created by the likes of Man City paying massive amounts.

Can't let him go cheap and effectively hand millions to one of the richest clubs in the world just because he's sulking

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The anger is not I don't think because a player wants to leave us. After Heskey took the Liverpool offer shortly after that Sunderland game hurt a lot more. 

The issue here is, that it's only us, in Mahrez, the outside footballing world and the general neutral view, to blame.

thats what pisses me off. 

Mahrez wants to go go because he believes he is a class above us. Fine

Man City want him because (according to reports) he is their long term future plan for the left wing.

The pundits want him gone because he DESERVES to play at a higher level. 

Despite all this. Despite telling us he is something special. Despite the fact the market keeps making drastic upward movements, we are told to be appreciative of any which offer that comes in? For **** sake, in the summer, some told us £32 million (the same price we were being asked to pay for ****ing Deeney) was a good deal. 

We share are very little if no blame here. He has been available for two transfer windows now. There has been 6 months since the summer. We are not the cheap option. 

The parties to blame here are Man City and Riyad Mahrez. So before he comes out and questions our behaviour he should question why he is the cheap 6th choice and not the top of the pecking order (could it be that you stole a living for 8 months of last year precious?)

if if he plays for Leicester again and applies himself appropriately. Of course I will support him but there is no reason to "feel sorry" for anyone in this apart from "little old Leicester" for having the audacity to grow some financial balls.

Precisely Mickey

9 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It's in every media outlet in Great Britain, 

I intend to, I do however feel people should not feel obliged to, it's all gone past that now, if they feel he's gone to far I don't think they can be called out for it anymore.

5 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well even still, that's what 2 weeks after he signed? and he didn't actually kick a football till October because he wasn't fit

so let's just put it as "paper talk" and move on to the next game. 

2 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

As you like. You also dodged the next point.

I didn't even realise it was a separate point.

I don't really get what you're trying to prove if he feigned an injury for a month and disrupted the entire squad then fair enough Danny Drinkwater is a dick head as well, doesn't vindicate Mahrez. 

I don’t think anyone begrudges Mahrez a move to a Big club - currently few bigger than Man City. 

What riles people is the way he goes about things. It’s petulant, unprofessional and frankly disrespectful. 

Who was he before we plucked him him from obscurity in France?

It is true in fairness that most of the stuff written about him hasn't been proven at all. He missed the game, yes, but that's not necessarily his fault when he's in the middle of negotiations.

A lot of it is based on convenient rumours. The sort people blindly believe and they don't realise they're doing it.

If they're proven to be true then I agree he's an arse.

But they haven't even proven the transfer request yet have they?

Him being 'unhappy and refusing to play' is just a convenient story for the media. If he then goes on to play it's some sort of '"dramatic u-turn" or whatever nonsense they come out with. It's killing the sport and replacing it with a soap opera.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I didn't even realise it was a separate point.

I don't really get what you're trying to prove if he feigned an injury for a month and disrupted the entire squad then fair enough Danny Drinkwater is a dick head as well, doesn't vindicate Mahrez. 

No, for the injury we will never know for sure and I'll give him the benefice of the doubt. I also don't think he actively, tried to disrupt the team but he certainly throw a hissy fit to get his move. 

Whilst certainly not excusing Mahrez for not turning up to the training which is the most offensive thing he actually did (not the transfer request) and definitely not the way to go, I'm merely pointing out that the most of the people here  didn't mind nor were outraged by DD "unprofessional and pathetic behavior".

13 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

No, for the injury we will never know for sure and I'll give him the benefice of the doubt. I also don't think he actively, tried to disrupt the team but he certainly throw a hissy fit to get his move. 

Whilst certainly not excusing Mahrez for not turning up to the training which is the most offensive thing he actually did (not the transfer request) and definitely not the way to go, I'm merely pointing out that the most of the people here  didn't mind nor were outraged by DD "unprofessional and pathetic behavior".

He was a little more subtle though don't you think.

I am sorry I hope he turns it all around on the pitch and I don't particularly care myself the whole thing is comical in my eyes but I cannot tell someone who is annoyed at a player for making public come and get me statements, handing in several public transfer requests (one is fine) sitting in an airport to all day to show how desperate to get out he is, missing training and pissing off his team mates and making last night much harder than it could of been, that they are an idiot. They have grounds, if you want to forgive and forget that's individual prerogative no one should be told showing displeasure with that behavior is unacceptable because it warrants displeasure.    

Edited by Manwell Pablo

5 hours ago, nnfox said:

I sympathise with him to a degree and I have no problem with him having ambitions of playing for a giant club.

I do have issue with him handing a transfer request in right at the end of the window and then sulking when we don't accept an offer that is tens of millions below our evaluation. He is paid 100k per week and he should always act as a professional. 

Kante left because there was a release clause. Drinkwater left because Chelsea met our valuation. The owners will not stand in his way to leave, but the price is the price.  I'd like to own a Ferrari, but if I walked into a dealership and offered 50k when the price is 100k then I'd be leaving without one.

Bang on the money with this post, if I could "like" it more than once then I would.

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Riyad has never behaved in any way other than completely professional. 

Hardly completely professional He’s late for training nearly everyday, he turns up for home matchdays consistently late 

if I did that with my job I’d end up without one to go to 

6 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

He was a little more subtle though don't you think.

I am sorry I hope he turns it all around on the pitch and I don't particularly care myself the whole thing is comical in my eyes but I cannot tell someone who is annoyed at a player for making public come and get me statements, handing in several public transfer requests (one is fine) sitting in an airport to all day to show how desperate to get out he is, missing training and pissing off his team mates and making last night much harder than it could of been, that they are an idiot. They have grounds, if you want to forgive and forget that's individual prerogative no one should be told showing displeasure with that behavior is unacceptable because it warrants displeasure.    

Yes but that's beside the point.

As for forget and forgive, man it's only football and I certainly have no time to get pissed off or raging the rest of the season just because he wanted a move and didn't do it the right way. He owes me nothing and I don't either. He entertains me on the pitch and helps the club I support to stay high on the table. .

I want him to play because he's a key element for the moment and we can't do without him. The same way I want him to be sold in the summer for a reasonable price (not that 90-100M nonsense) because it won't help the club to keep hold on him.

I'm not getting into anything divisive, a lot of posters that I like are saying stuff I don't agree with, but what unites us is that it's been a painful episode, which probably affected on pitch matters last night. How we word that will vary. 

One thing that has been firmed up for me is the absurdity and unfairness of the January window, which massively favours the big guns. Man City may or may not want Mahrez, but to disrupt matters 2 days before the window closes mid season is something that just should not be possible. 

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Got offered the opportunity to get a free Premier League medal, play in one of the most highly acclaimed squads in the history of the Premier League for a manager that's somehow made Raheem ****ing Sterling look world class. Imagine what he'd do with Riyad. 

Forgive me a bit of shameless rep-point grandstanding but he's helped us get promoted, helped us win the league, helped us get to the quarter finals of the champions league. Just like Drinkwater, he had every right to look to progress his career and do so with our support and gratitude. That's football, folks. 

All he did was request a transfer. There's been no downing of tools, no flouncing off, no refusing to play, no kicking up a fuss. He was a consummate pro after the summer, got his head down and got back to his very best. 

Nothing to suggest he isn't going to do so again now. 

He's probably leaving in the summer and when he does, cest la vie. Until he does, he's one of ours and he's a big part of our push to get back to our European tour. I for one can't wait to see the bright lights of Tallinn, Kharkiv, Warsaw and Tirana in the tin pot cup. 

So please, stow the childish bitterness, stop buying in to the pathetic Sky Sports narrative that he's causing disruption in the squad, don't believe the melodrama and just ****ing support him and the rest of the lads. 

Whilst i agree wholeheartidly with the sentiments of your post, the highlighted part simply isnt true.

He refused to turn up for training and refused to play against Everton. that, by every definition is downing tools, refusing to play and kicking up a fuss , surely?

Edited by MPH

5 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Hardly completely professional He’s late for training nearly everyday, he turns up for home matchdays consistently late 

if I did that with my job I’d end up without one to go to 

How do you know this mate? Genuine question

4 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Yes but that's beside the point.

As for forget and forgive, man it's only football and I certainly have no time to get pissed off or raging the rest of the season just because he wanted a move and didn't do it the right way. He owes me nothing and I don't either. He entertains me on the pitch and helps the club I support to stay high on the table. .

I want him to play because he's a key element for the moment and we can't do without him. The same way I want him to be sold in the summer for a reasonable price (not that 90-100M nonsense) because it won't help the club to keep hold on him.

It's definitely not but ok.

Me either, some people will have though lol that's the point.