Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Grow up and get behind Riyad, or: stop listening to the press and wait and see how he reacts on the pitch

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

drinkwater handed in a transfer request and left it so late that we had to spend 6 months without a midfielder we tried to sign to replace him. 

kante had a release clause, someone matched it and he left. he’d have done the same as riyad and drinkwater if he didn’t. 

and if you think any of them would’ve been playing in a match on deadline day you’re an idiot, basically. mahrez missed an algeria match (i think) cos it was on the last deadline day. because they, like those in charge at our club, realised how retarded it would’ve been to play him in case he was then needed to complete a move mid way through the match. 

nobody who is still negatioting with clubs on deadline day will ever play in a match on deadline day. that’s what prompted even big sam to say he felt sorry for us last night because they schedule is stupid. that’s what conte is blaming chelsea’s defeat on, they planned their match with batsuyai (or however you spell it) in their team and at lunchtime had to make new plans because he was going to leave. we prepared for 24 hours without him and told him not to come in case we sold him. 

we haven’t sold him so he’ll be back in the team, with open arms and a smile, when we need him. which is asap. cos we are shit all without him. 

He didn't write an open come and get me letter to every big club in Europe, lose his shit, spend all day in a airport or miss training though, did he. And that is nothing but pure conjecture. 

I have never once stated anything about him missing last nights match so that's the time it's taken to right out two paragraphs totally wasted. Although agreed having a game on deadline day is silly. 

You may well welcome him back I think you'll find there are plenty who have had enough, and all I am saying is the amount of different ways he has tried to engineer a move out of this club it is now hard not to see their point so I don't think anyone has the right to tell them to grow up, all I'm saying, I have stated several times I hope he gets back in the team and picks up where he left off. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

He didn't write an open come and get me letter to every big club in Europe, lose his shit, spend all day in a airport or miss training though, did he. And that is nothing but pure conjecture. 

I have never once stated anything about him missing last nights match so that's the time it's taken to right out two paragraphs totally wasted. Although agreed having a game on deadline day is silly. 

You may well welcome him back I think you'll find there are plenty who have had enough, and all I am saying is the amount of different ways he has tried to engineer a move out of this club it is now hard not to see their point so I don't think anyone has the right to tell them to grow up, all I'm saying, I have stated several times I hope he gets back in the team and picks up where he left off. 

drinkwater did miss a month of the season "injured" but miraculously made it onto the bench for his first Chelsea game, though. 

oh, of course, we've got so many idiots supporting this club it was probably the majority who wanted him to leave even before the lasts 48 hours because they don't think he's good enough or something stupid. it's not even a question that most the ground will boo him at the weekend (if he plays). but none of that's going to help. nor is putting our best player in the reserves "to prove a point". nor would selling our best player for pittance "cos he doesn't want to be here". the only way anything other than a disaster comes out of this is if we all say sorry to each other, shake hands and put him back on the right wing in 2 days time. 

The only problem I personally have with how this played out, is that it all happened over a matchday which I have no doubt, contributed to us losing that game.

The transfer request thing is neither here nor there as he has never retracted his desire to leave, there was a club interested that he would have been happy to join, but they didn’t offer enough.  Mahrez is well within his rights to be disappointed as something he wanted to happen, didn’t.

When he didn’t get his move in the

summer, everything was fine as it was the window before that.  

Unless he comes out and says he’s going on strike, I don’t see a problem with how anyone has acted.  Man City were looking to operate within their parameters (again no issue with that) but they didn’t match up with ours.

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

but that's the reason he is trying to force a move. the owners don't want to name their price so should he guess? this is the reason all this mess started, promised him a move for 50 million than told him the market is different now. he thought anything over 50 million is enough (which was offered by man city)

the owners handled it poorly, the go on and on about "family" and "loyalty" but they only care about their money. riyad is at fault, he thought it was a "family" business and the owners told him to jog on, now he came in fire blazing which made the situation that much worse.

it's a game of chicken, riyad blinked and he is now paying for it. can't blame the owners here, absolutely ruthless

If he thought that during the summer, saw the subsequent transfers following the Roma interest, and then still thought that would be the case this January then he and his agent are naive in the extreme. Did he have it in writing? Does anyone know the specifics of what was said in person?

To be fair - you're inferring a lot here (as are others). We don't know the exact ins and outs of the owner's conversations with Riyad, what was said, what was agreed. From the information I've read, if we were to receive a fair price for Riyad from a top club, we would let him go. Perhaps we interpret the messages coming out the club, media, and players differently, but please could you point me towards evidence of the owners going 'on and on' about family and loyalty, and if you can, why that contradicts anything about their position of allowing Riyad to leave for a fair price to a top club? Seems pretty reasonable to me.

That's just my take as a supporter. I don't have the advantage of an agent or advisors, and I'm not privy to the actual conversations that took place between player and management.

Perhaps a compromise could be an increased weekly wage with an agreed release clause inserted. Maybe we'd see the best of Riyad for the rest of the season, and he can take his leave in the summer should man city (or anyone else) come back in for him.

Regardless, I'll still support the guy when he pulls on a city shirt, no doubt. He's the best Leicester City player I've ever seen.

I think we should have let him go and can understand his frustration this time at not being allowed. His dream as a footballer was to play for Barca and Man City with Pep is the closest he'll get. He's help us achieve so much and last night showed how much we rely on him, we have try to move on at some point.

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

drinkwater did miss a month of the season "injured" but miraculously made it onto the bench for his first Chelsea game, though. 

oh, of course, we've got so many idiots supporting this club it was probably the majority who wanted him to leave even before the lasts 48 hours because they don't think he's good enough or something stupid. it's not even a question that most the ground will boo him at the weekend (if he plays). but none of that's going to help. nor is putting our best player in the reserves "to prove a point". nor would selling our best player for pittance "cos he doesn't want to be here". the only way anything other than a disaster comes out of this is if we all say sorry to each other, shake hands and put him back on the right wing in 2 days time. 

Pretty sure he didn't even get in their squad till October and was quite clearly legitimatly injured.

Yes absloutley, I've said elsewhere making him "rot in the reserves" not that we have a reserves anymore is a waste of time and looks very bad on us as a club at the same time. 

I imagine it would be a mixed reception but as I say, I can't really criticise people who have had enough of his antics if that's what they want to do though.  

I'd say that very much depends on him more than us.  

1 minute ago, egg_fried_rice said:

If he thought that during the summer, saw the subsequent transfers following the Roma interest, and then still thought that would be the case this January then he and his agent are naive in the extreme. Did he have it in writing? Does anyone know the specifics of what was said in person?

To be fair - you're inferring a lot here (as are others). We don't know the exact ins and outs of the owner's conversations with Riyad, what was said, what was agreed. From the information I've read, if we were to receive a fair price for Riyad from a top club, we would let him go. Perhaps we interpret the messages coming out the club, media, and players differently, but please could you point me towards evidence of the owners going 'on and on' about family and loyalty, and if you can, why that contradicts anything about their position of allowing Riyad to leave for a fair price to a top club? Seems pretty reasonable to me.

That's just my take as a supporter. I don't have the advantage of an agent or advisors, and I'm not privy to the actual conversations that took place between player and management.

Perhaps a compromise could be an increased weekly wage with an agreed release clause inserted. Maybe we'd see the best of Riyad for the rest of the season, and he can take his leave in the summer should man city (or anyone else) come back in for him.

Regardless, I'll still support the guy when he pulls on a city shirt, no doubt. He's the best Leicester City player I've ever seen.

i've been saying this for the longest, he is too naive for his own good.

like i said before, i want a new contract for him now, 175k-200k a week with a set release clause. you don't even have to talk to the club, just make the other team pay up and you can go.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

The only problem I personally have with how this played out, is that it all happened over a matchday which I have no doubt, contributed to us losing that game.

The transfer request thing is neither here nor there as he has never retracted his desire to leave, there was a club interested that he would have been happy to join, but they didn’t offer enough.  Mahrez is well within his rights to be disappointed as something he wanted to happen, didn’t.

When he didn’t get his move in the

summer, everything was fine as it was the window before that.  

Unless he comes out and says he’s going on strike, I don’t see a problem with how anyone has acted.  Man City were looking to operate within their parameters (again no issue with that) but they didn’t match up with ours.

That's actually what really annoyed me about it, such a needless thing to do we are aware you want to leave no need to reiterate in public for umptenth time and shaft our negotiating position. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I think we should have let him go and can understand his frustration this time at not being allowed. His dream as a footballer was to play for Barca and Man City with Pep is the closest he'll get. He's help us achieve so much and last night showed how much we rely on him, we have try to move on at some point.

I loathe the use of the word 'dream'.  Sounds very X factor - 'My dream is to be a rich world famous superstar'.  No shit.

The club's dream is much more pragmatic and realistic.  It dreams to get the market rate for its assets

Riyad had a crap season last season.  There is a reason he hasnt achieved his 'dream' yet

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Like 1

coutinho was "injured" in 2 transfer windows but came back, played great and the fans got behind him. can't the fans at least do what pool fans did? liverpool are a big club but somehow their fans managed to swallow that bitter pill and root for him.

the difference between man city and leicester is bigger than the difference between barca and liverpool. he had a chance to play for a manager who is known to make his players better, play in the CL, win the league and play with world class players, can you blame him?

people are blaming mahrez because they are frustrated with the media talks, all the "he's better than leicester" and "leicester should take a cut price" is really doing a number on their egos and riyad is the closest one that they can let their frustrastion out on

3 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Pretty sure he didn't even get in their squad till October and was quite clearly legitimatly injured.

Yes absloutley, I've said elsewhere making him "rot in the reserves" not that we have a reserves anymore is a waste of time and looks very bad on us as a club at the same time. 

I imagine it would be a mixed reception but as I say, I can't really criticise people who have had enough of his antics if that's what they want to do though.  

he was on the bench, against us, on the 9th September. he had a made up injury, put in a transfer request without about 4 hours of the window left and then pissed off. no dramas with that, that's just what happens when a bigger club/better situation wants a player. that's what happened with drinkwater, vvd, coutinho, it's been happening for decades. the only issue we have now is said player didn't get his move. 

don't see why he'd be a dick about it, he's wanted to leave for what, 3, possibly 4 transfer windows and he's done nothing but be pissed off when it's been denied then come back and carried on playing to the best of his ability. under 3 managers, umpteen "gentleman's agreements" and a lot of bad agent talk. 

don't see why this will be any different, other than the offer was bigger, but he's worth more now so it's all on a par. just the press haven't got anything else to talk about regarding us so they're gonna run and run with this. 

• Like 1

I'll pretty much let him do whatever he wants, as long as he continues to win games for us. He can fly a plane above the pitch every game saying " LET ME FCUKIN GO " or take a Richard in front of the fans and lob it in the crowd, if he does the business hes fine by me. He's King ding a ling. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I think he's going to start against Swansea. The window is closed, whatever happened is now irrelevant and it'd be preferable to resume business asap. He'll get himself together and put a shift in. He has no other choice. Wether he's going to shine at his first game is another matter.

But booing him would be the most retarded thing to do, unless one is happy to shoot down their own team. I have 0 comprehension for any idiot who would do that.

Let's just hope he'll turn up for the rest of the season and we can maybe get a european spot. After that, sell him or the dressing room is going to rot.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

That's actually what really annoyed me about it, such a needless thing to do we are aware you want to leave no need to reiterate in public for umptenth time and shaft our negotiating position. 

are you sure he did that or do you only believe media news that suit you?as far as i know he never withdraw his first transfer request

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

coutinho was "injured" in 2 transfer windows but came back, played great and the fans got behind him. can't the fans at least do what pool fans did? liverpool are a big club but somehow their fans managed to swallow that bitter pill and root for him.

the difference between man city and leicester is bigger than the difference between barca and liverpool. he had a chance to play for a manager who is known to make his players better, play in the CL, win the league and play with world class players, can you blame him?

people are blaming mahrez because they are frustrated with the media talks, all the "he's better than leicester" and "leicester should take a cut price" is really doing a number on their egos and riyad is the closest one that they can let their frustrastion out on

At least Barcelona actually wanted Coutinho.  Man City dont have remotely the same level of interest in Mahrez

1 minute ago, the fox said:

are you sure he did that or do you only believe media news that suit you?as far as i know he never withdraw his first transfer request

Suits me? How does it suit me?

Yes I am sure he handed in 2nd request and no he did never withdraw his first one, which is my point, he is somewhat laboring the point he wants to leave and it is disruptive and annoying.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Everyone move on, enjoy the next 4 months then say farewell to him during the summer.

As long as he plays to the best of his ability, which we will need him to, and we get a fair fee for him in the summer that truly reflects the current market, I agree entirely. And support him when he plays.

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd