Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Grow up and get behind Riyad, or: stop listening to the press and wait and see how he reacts on the pitch

1 hour ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

I can't believe he is saying he is "depressed" he doesn't know what real depression is. What's the difference between faining metal illness and physical injury. Needs to get a ****ing grip and do the job he is paid for and signed a contract for

He's not though is he. Someone else is claiming that.

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

yeah they’ve elaborated and it’s rob dorsett (known for chatting complete shit) claiming magical “sources” state mahrez is too depressed to go to training. which will be the same “source” that said the same thing last night. which was his agent apparently. so it’s just a re run of the same story of him being a bit annoyed (and his agent being even more annoyed) that he didn’t get a move he wanted. 

so its literally not a story. except it is. cos, y’know, stupid people. x. 

So I'm confused. Rob Dorsett is talking shit but is saying the same thing as his agent who is probably not talking shit......

Best contradiction I've seen this year kudos lol 

Why do I get the feeling this is just going fck up our entire season. 

8 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Also he's hardly earning peanuts. Some of the fans that support the club probably struggle to pay bills and eat sometimes.

nurses and firemen are under paid.

it's about what his peers are getting, if he is a 95 million player like the owners said, then pay him like a 95 million player. not even that, pay him like a 75 million defender

nurses and firemen? give me a break! do they generate the same revenue as him. so i guess you just answered your question!

Edited by the fox

9 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Reading their article in full he has apparently told us he is not in a fit mental state to play football at the moment.

That's pathetic...... 1000's of normal people suffer mental problems and have to carry on going to work as they have no choice! 

If he'd grabbed his boots and played, how much respect would he have got, Man City would have wanted him even more, showing that sort of character!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

A sky reporter wouldn't be able to put quotes on it if it didn't come from the source though surely? 

No, but you were saying Mahrez had said that. We don't know who the source is.

Although I do agree with your point, regardless of who actually said it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

That's pathetic...... 1000's of normal people suffer mental problems and have to carry on going to work as they have no choice! 

If he'd grabbed his boots and played, how much respect would he have got, Man City would have wanted him even more, showing that sort of character!

Please note the use of the word apparently 

• Like 1

I think him and Claude need to talk it out over a pint. He is clearly a very emotional guy, and if I were him there is no way I would want to be going to the training ground today - the disappointment, the judgement of his colleagues etc. I blame his agent so much with all this. I think it's fair enough that he didn't train the other day with all of this going on because it would have been a massive distraction to everyone concerned, but it needed to be with the clubs approval. The last window was handled so badly, but at least people knew what he was up to then. He must feel like such an idiot right now. What.A.Mess. 

1 minute ago, the fox said:

it's about what his peers are getting, if he is a 95 million player like the owners said, then pay him what a 95 million player. not even that, pay him like a 75 million defender

nurses and firemen? give me a break! do they generate the same revenue as hiù. so i guess you just answered your question!

He was not anywhere near a £95m player when he signed. He only is now because the markets gone wild.

Give you a break ffs you really are having a fvcking laugh. You really put money making above saving lives.

Are you just here to wind people up.

• Like 1

I love that this thread is an exhortation to stop speculating about press reports and allow Mahrez to do his talking in the pitch, yet the last few pages have been rants based on press reports and we haven’t allowed Mahrez to play before slagging him off.

It’s almost as if Finnegan had a point lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Probably some ploy from his agent to get him to not play, driving down his price in the summer. Pretty crafty if you ask me.

It would surely only be pretty crafty if it's a short-term absence and he returns and performs well?  That's assuming this rumoured absence today is true and not agreed with Puel...

If he messes us about for the next 6 months, it won't get him a good move in the summer, surely? Bigger clubs wouldn't want him if he was so erratic and disruptive.

True, it might drive down his price and harm LCFC but it would do serious damage to his career, too.

If these rumours are true, I hope that Claude gets to speak to him soon and persuades him to reintegrate with the squad, get his head down and he can have his move in summer.

Hopefully the management team will also be speaking to the other players about this so that Riyad can be reintegrated without resentment and damage to morale - though they'd be entitled to be pissed off if he's messing the squad around.