Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Grow up and get behind Riyad, or: stop listening to the press and wait and see how he reacts on the pitch

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Ee heck. Some people seem determined to be as c**ty in manner as Riyad has been. 

True but at least they'll be paying their entrance fee to do it as opposed to being paid £100K to do it and not play. Can you see the difference?

45 minutes ago, SamDZ said:

No, He had a problem with the club they not with them, its none of their business, it would be wrong if he starts ahead of someone who has been training for a week, but thats Puel problem.

It became the players business the moment that he decided not to turn up to training thus letting his team mates down. He has acted like a **** throughout the whole thing. Whether this is down to his agent or himself, I don't care. He owes the club, the players and the fans an apology. Personally he can do this by turning up and performing on the pitch.

12 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Yes, that may not be the best example as we played him out of position at right-back too much (still not sure he'd ever have been a PL right back). He was arguably better suited to being a centre back who was comfortable in possession. 

I avoided mentioning Slimani for the same reason - a top player in Portugal and looks capable of succeeding in PL, but didn't suit our style. I fully expect him to do well at Newcastle.

Anyway, there are plenty of players who have been successful in other major leagues but not in PL: Mhikitarian? Falcao? Memphis Depay? Di Maria? Joselu? Soldado?

Of course, we could also produce a list of foreign arrivals who were a great success.....my only point is that there's an additional risk of non-adaptation.

Yeah, definitely. Some are suited to the game over here, some aren't. Schevchenko is probably the one who sticks out for me- absolutely prolific throughout his whole career, and struggled at Chelsea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Joefox said:

Nice of him to make himself available. Such a considerate bloke is our Riyad.

Part of the masterplan, he rocks up at the man city ground, whether it's with the squad or in the crowd, man city fans start chanting his name, the leicester fans boo him for being a muppet, demonstrates his desire to move and gets pep thinking the fans at man city want him. And there ain't jack shit the club can do about it.

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FIF said:

True but at least they'll be paying their entrance fee to do it as opposed to being paid £100K to do it and not play. Can you see the difference?

mahrez  has accepted to pay two weeks pay cut as a fine 

but mahrez was in Algeria to sign a contract to be ambassador  of phone operator Dezzy for 2018 

Edited by Almo-Fox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

I say he will fake an injury or get one on purpose that will rule him out for the rest of the season. That way he doesnt have to play and gets paid. Yes/no? lol

No..

Difficult to fake an injury,with all the examinations at that Level.

High risk that could Ruin ones playing career.

1 hour ago, WoodyFox said:

The most annoying and unforgivable thing is his absence in the last two games. Fair enough against Everton his services may have only helped us to get a point but against Swansea we were crying out for what Mahrez brings to games. 

Disagree...we Just didnt convert Into Goals,what our Display deserved,thats also happened

With Mahrez in the side. 

1 hour ago, Finn Claw II said:

The Mirror article isn’t really new news, he is just putting out this side of the story.

£50m in summer in time to replace him is not the same as £50m in late Jan.  Also prices have gone even more mental and are especially so in Jan.

I love this talk of remediation and asking to be ‘guaranteed he can go in the summer’ - yes you can go for the right price.

If he felt so strongly about a release clause his agent should have put one in (even a massive one).  18 months ago he probably would have got one at £60m or so

Yep. If credible evidence emerges that Mahrez was told (even verbally) that he could leave for £50m at any time in January, the blame would shift to LCFC.

I've yet to hear any such claim.

There is no comparison to a willingness to sell him for £50m in summer 2017, when prices were lower, Mahrez had just had a moderate season and we'd have faced much less disruption than on 30th Jan.

To make an extreme comparison, I think my parents agreed a price of £6k for their first home in 1966. They wouldn't have got that low price a few years later - and if they'd wanted to move in the next day, they'd have had to pay much more in 1966, given the massive disruption caused to the existing owners.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

I rather think he's made himself look desperate for recognition and validation by the least important arbiters of character - other people. He should take a look inwards to see where his problems lie. Needs to take a deep breath, get a few hugs from the lads (or take their ribbing) and commit to his career in the correct manner. I hope he finds wise assistance. In the end he's just a human being - he's not murdered anyone - he's just been misguided and listened to too many long-tongued liars..

Ps. Is that Jordan Peterson?

Can we just put Gerbold in charge? 

8 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

Oh no, no, no, no - I don't want to be in  charge - then everyone would be gunning for me rather than me gunning for them...:sweating:. Anyway I've been barred twice - I'm on on my third strike!

Your avatar always puts me in mind of the X character in JFK... the wise outsider. 

7 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

I rather think he's made himself look desperate for recognition and validation by the least important arbiters of character - other people. He should take a look inwards to see where his problems lie. Needs to take a deep breath, get a few hugs from the lads (or take their ribbing) and commit to his career in the correct manner. I hope he finds wise assistance. In the end he's just a human being - he's not murdered anyone - he's just been misguided and listened to too many long-tongued liars..

Ps. Is that Jordan Peterson?

I'm not specifically talking about Mahrez as a person, but his persona, the public appearance.

I have no doubts that Riyad himself is a decent guy, erring on the shy side (that's the impression I get whenever I hear him speak). He's not the boisterous type.

This perception has been twisted and rightly so, I might add. He hasn't done himself any favours here, and apart from Algerian football "fans", there's unilateral consent he's got a lot to make up for.

There are simply too many negative influences around him at the moment. His agent, part of his family I assume, too many "friends" and media in both France and Algeria spreading rumors, trying to spin the story their way.

I mean, it's clear that his entire entourage would hugely profit from a transfer to a "bigger" and richer club.

P.S.: Yes, that's the King of Lobsters right there, man.