Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Manchester City (A)..pre match thread.

14 hours ago, MCFC said:

We do have a transfer budget. It's a lot bigger than most teams but there is a limit to what we can spend, and maybe we didn't have the funds for £75m+ for Mahrez on top of £57m for Laporte (which was his release clause- I'm sure we'd have wanted a lower price if possible) and around £45m set aside for Fred, who's probably coming in the summer.

Alternatively, and the Sanchez saga backs this up, we've decided we're no longer willing to pay above what we value a player at- we could've got Sanchez for £30m on January 1st but decided it wouldn't be worth the money, which further suggests that we have a smaller budget for this month than usual. Mahrez at £65m is certainly below what he's worth- compared to Coutinho at over twice that price- but maybe we decided to wait until the summer when there were more funds available. That's just my theory. 

That is a reasonable attempt at an answer, fair play. It just really pished on our parade, we are officially annoyed. lol 

Edited by Vardinio'sCat
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Md9 said:

Get vardy running in behind kompany or stones early and I think they will start to worry. Score in the first 20 mins and I reckon we can win. Hope silva starts and gets a goal 

Sounds familiar..just hope we have a ref with some bolas this time

12 hours ago, the fox said:

Shameless!

He’s a bit premature is that Pep.

I don’t see Jesus coming back until 1st April at the earliest. I’ll be crucified for saying this, some may even call me Judas, but I reckon he has at least another 40 days of self-isolated recovery from next Wednesday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Pep: "I hope Mahrez is back for Leicester tomorrow, he’s a good player and I like to see him play. Aguero is making a big effort, playing in every game but hopefully Jesus is back in 10-14 days ".

I read that as..."I'd like to get in his head again in case we meet in the FA Cup". :(

1 minute ago, norwichfox said:

Pep: "I hope Mahrez is back for Leicester tomorrow, he’s a good player and I like to see him play. Aguero is making a big effort, playing in every game but hopefully Jesus is back in 10-14 days ".

I read that as..."I'd like to get in his head again in case we meet in the FA Cup". :(

Didn't they say exactly the same thing about Jesus at Easter time 2018 years ago? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Didn't they say exactly the same thing about Jesus at Easter time 2018 years ago? 

I guess Jesus has only just come good as a footballer, not sure about any of this , as there was no daily Sun or Mirror in the year 0, (did the years start counting at 0 or 1)?

22 hours ago, the fox said:

Yeah, i totally agree on this one, izzy. But there are things i take into consideration.

1- The team didn't impress without him
2- He's still our best player
3- Coming off the bench won't hurt anyone

The team played well against Swansea...

The finishing just wasn't great. Had about 8 good chances to score you'd expect us to take normally, so I disagree with that. The other 2 I agree with. 

If his statement is true and the players are ok with him, don't care if he starts tbh

13 hours ago, trabuch said:

That's a bit contradictory. 

Well, it looks like we offered £60m for Van Dijk and pulled out when Liverpool went higher, so it's not really a stretch to say that we think £57m is a fair price for Laporte.

6 hours ago, norwichfox said:

I guess Jesus has only just come good as a footballer, not sure about any of this , as there was no daily Sun or Mirror in the year 0, (did the years start counting at 0 or 1)?

1. My gran was a maths teacher. I remember her saying we should have been celebrating the millenium on 31st of December 2000 because of this. I don't think it really matters.

Edited by Raw Dykes