Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Manchester City (A)..pre match thread.

9 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

We played good football for spells without him at Everton and Swansea.  That was with blooding in new players and without our best player.  Theoretically, Diabate, Iheanacho, Silva and Vard could all improve playing together as they get more game time

However, yes, if Mahrez is fit and ready to play, its a no brainer to put him on the bench and bring him on later on in the game

That's the point. usually when we have those kind of spells, mahrez finishes those games off. Cornering your prey is one thing; killing it is a another matter.

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

That's the point. usually when we have those kind of spells, mahrez finishes those games off. Cornering your prey is one thing; killing it is a another matter.

Whilst I agree with you, we have also had many games where we've played good football for spells and Mahrez hasnt killed the game off

4 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Whilst I agree with you, we have also had many games where we've played good football for spells and Mahrez hasnt killed the game off

yeah, me too (like the last chelsea game) but i can't remember this season where we looked like scoring against the non-top 6 teams and mahrez was on it and didn't finish a game off.

what i'm trying to say is, he's our magic. if there was ever a need to win a "slow" game, the one who usually puts it to bed is riyad

• Like 2

1 minute ago, the fox said:

yeah, me too (like the last chelsea game) but i can't remember this season where we looked like scoring against the non-top 6 teams and mahrez was on it and didn't finish a game off.

what i'm trying to say is, he's our magic. if there was ever a need to win a "slow" game, the one who usually puts it to bed is riyad

Yep, for the time being, while we've got him here, he needs to be playing

• Like 1

First half - Leicester hang on - just!

Second half starts with Mahrez on as sub. He looks a bit subdued.

65 min - Kompany goes off injured - man city players seem to blame Vardy although he was 20 yards away.

70th min. Otamendi sent off for a horrific lunge at Vardy. Leicester striker okay after treatment.

75th min - GOAL! - Mahrez appears to glide through the entire Man City defence before side footing home.

80th Min - GOAL! - stunning Mahrez volley from Fuchs' cross leaves Ederson rooted to the spot.

90th min - GOAL! - three Silvas on the pitch but it has been Adrian of Leicester who has dominated the entire match. He slips a perfect ball though the channel for Mahrez who has a simple finish to claim a stunning hattrick!

Final score: 3-0 to Leicester - life is sweet at The Etihad!

Edited by SuperMike
Grammar

1 minute ago, SuperMike said:

First half - Leicester hang on - just!

Second half starts with Mahrez on as sub. He looks a bit subdued.

65 min - Kompany injured - man city players seem to blame Vardy although he was 20 yards away.

70th min. Otamendi sent off for a horrific lunge at Vardy. Leicester striker okay after treatment.

75th min - GOAL! - Mahrez appears to glide through the entire Man City defence before side footing home.

80th Min - GOAL! - stunning Mahrez volley from Fuchs' cross leaves Ederson rooted to the spot.

90th min - GOAL! - three Silvas on the pitch but it has been Adrian of Leicester who has dominated the entire match. He slips a perfect ball though the channel for Mahrez who has a simple finish to claim a stunning hattrick!

Final score: 3-0 to Leicester - life is sweet at The Etihad!

Související obrázek

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Now I predict one of two things will happen:

- Mahrez tries way too hard to prove that Guardiola should buy him and doesn't pass to anyone, attempts countless dribbles that go nowhere and frustrates all LCFC fans everywhere. After the match all the pundits say "65M for that? Leicester should have sold him when they had the chance." Foxestalk implodes under the load of comments in the post match thread.

OR

- Comes off the bench, twinkle toes round three players and hits an absolute worldy into the top corner for the winner. Mahrez doesn't celebrate but the camera cuts to Guardiola who has a cheeky grin on his face with the commentators saying "and Pep Guardiola is surely going to be asking his bosses for an extra 30M to bring Mahrez to Manchester at the end of the season after that!"

I hope it's the second!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Now I predict one of two things will happen:

- Mahrez tries way too hard to prove that Guardiola should buy him and doesn't pass to anyone, attempts countless dribbles that go nowhere and frustrates all LCFC fans everywhere. After the match all the pundits say "65M for that? Leicester should have sold him when they had the chance." Foxestalk implodes under the load of comments in the post match thread.

OR

- Comes off the bench, twinkle toes round three players and hits an absolute worldy into the top corner for the winner. Mahrez doesn't celebrate but the camera cuts to Guardiola who has a cheeky grin on his face with the commentators saying "and Pep Guardiola is surely going to be asking his bosses for an extra 30M to bring Mahrez to Manchester at the end of the season after that!"

I hope it's the second!

Both of those so very likely to happen

1 hour ago, the fox said:

Yup. He just gets this look in his eye of 'right, I am going to score now' and he does - sometimes from the most impossible looking positions. 

6 hours ago, MCFC said:

We do have a transfer budget. It's a lot bigger than most teams but there is a limit to what we can spend, and maybe we didn't have the funds for £75m+ for Mahrez on top of £57m for Laporte (which was his release clause- I'm sure we'd have wanted a lower price if possible) and around £45m set aside for Fred, who's probably coming in the summer.

Alternatively, and the Sanchez saga backs this up, we've decided we're no longer willing to pay above what we value a player at- we could've got Sanchez for £30m on January 1st but decided it wouldn't be worth the money, which further suggests that we have a smaller budget for this month than usual. Mahrez at £65m is certainly below what he's worth- compared to Coutinho at over twice that price- but maybe we decided to wait until the summer when there were more funds available. That's just my theory. 

Fair ebough. You didn’t have the budget so you used bullying tactics at the death of the window to get the job done. It didn’t work and the world is against Leicester City. 

The whole situatuon stinks of the typical Manc arrogance and Pep suits you down to the ground. 

Has this thread ventured willingly into the realms of football fan fiction or is it still true Mahrez won't take part? Anyhow, I'm infinitely more interested in seeing how our bumper batch of youngsters develop.

Vardy vs Laporte will be interesting. Relatively new defender to the league with a (more than Riyad) price tag.

Needs to get into him from the start, leave something on him, make him unsettled. Let's set the tone that we're here to play. Like we did at Chelsea

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Has this thread ventured willingly into the realms of football fan fiction or is it still true Mahrez won't take part? Anyhow, I'm infinitely more interested in seeing how our bumper batch of youngsters develop.

Well, he was on the bus today. I would assume he'll be on the bench.

55 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Vardy vs Laporte will be interesting. Relatively new defender to the league with a (more than Riyad) price tag.

Needs to get into him from the start, leave something on him, make him unsettled. Let's set the tone that we're here to play. Like we did at Chelsea

I seem to remember Jaap Stam making his debut against us and Heskey ripped him to shreds for 45 mins and Sir Alex subbed Stam at half time, I’d take that again tomorrow please!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MCFC said:

We do have a transfer budget. It's a lot bigger than most teams but there is a limit to what we can spend, and maybe we didn't have the funds for £75m+ for Mahrez on top of £57m for Laporte (which was his release clause- I'm sure we'd have wanted a lower price if possible) and around £45m set aside for Fred, who's probably coming in the summer.

Alternatively, and the Sanchez saga backs this up, we've decided we're no longer willing to pay above what we value a player at- we could've got Sanchez for £30m on January 1st but decided it wouldn't be worth the money, which further suggests that we have a smaller budget for this month than usual. Mahrez at £65m is certainly below what he's worth- compared to Coutinho at over twice that price- but maybe we decided to wait until the summer when there were more funds available. That's just my theory. 

That's a bit contradictory.