Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Manchester City (A)..pre match thread.

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

No shniji 

3 in midfield ???

Did Puel say this at his press conference earlier on, or your preference?

If it's the latter, did Puel say much in the conference?

19 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

87D9CAA9-7D5E-4A23-B7F3-CF630279172F.jpeg

Would have liked this, but just don't know if Simpson is fit enough again yet...

I would go for:

Kasper

Simpson Drago Maguire Fuchs

Diabates Ndidi Silva Albrighton

Vardy Iheanacho

Gray to come on for Iheanacho, Iborra for Silva and Chilwell for Fuchs.

If we are somehow miraculously defending a lead maybe instead bring on Chilwell for Diabates and switch him and Albrighton, and Iborra for Kelechi/Vardy. 

On 2/7/2018 at 14:34, grobyfox1990 said:

Tbf I think @MCFC has made some decent arguments, even if i don't necessarily agree with them.

Yes he has. 

No one has to agree but it's a perfectly reasonable explanation to allow the U23 players to play the night before as this would be better for their development rather than keeping one back to make up the numbers. Chances are no matter what happened in the match that U23 player would never have got on the pitch as there is always someone more able to perform his position.

The only caveat to that would be to put any available GK on the bench as a third choice in the event the other two either got sent off or injured. Highly unlikely I know but it's a free bet on a 100,000/1 shot, why wouldn't you take it up?

All things considered then any reasonable person can see logic in Pep's thinking whether you agree with his decision or not.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

87D9CAA9-7D5E-4A23-B7F3-CF630279172F.jpeg

No chance we play Vardy and Iheanacho IMO. We just won't see enough of the ball to make it viable. We won't all of a sudden play 3-5-2 either.

I expect 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1 with either Okazaki or Silva behind Vardy.

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

No chance we play Vardy and Iheanacho IMO. We just won't see enough of the ball to make it viable. We won't all of a sudden play 3-5-2 either.

I expect 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1 with either Okazaki or Silva behind Vardy.

Okazaki is out sadly. Will miss him for this match. 

5 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

I think this will be the start of a long winless streak, I just feel the whole Mahrez saga is going to really upset the squad, there just doesn’t seem like there’s a good feeling about the place at the moment. 

That's a massive leap squire, have you been hanging out with the lads, assessing the vibe. It can be small things that galvanise a squad.

Jose swears by have a parriah in the squad, makes everyone else feel all warm and fuzzy.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

I think this will be the start of a long winless streak, I just feel the whole Mahrez saga is going to really upset the squad, there just doesn’t seem like there’s a good feeling about the place at the moment. 

I think we're going to get a result on Saturday and then progress to the FA Cup Quarters and you'll be wrong. In 2 weeks time no one will even know who Mahrez is and Diabate is King of England.

So Mahrez is out for this game. 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/11241221/riyad-mahrez-will-not-face-man-city-confirms-leicester-boss-claude-puel

"Riyad is a magnificent player. He loves football, he loves his relationship with his team-mates, he enjoys his football. I think he needs to come back, to play and touch the ball."

This is getting embarrassing by Puel. It's fine to forgive him once, but if you keep constantly "begging" him to comeback, it just makes you look desperate. Personally have too much pride to do what Puel is doing should I be in his shoes. 

Edited by Redouane

13 minutes ago, Redouane said:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/11241221/riyad-mahrez-will-not-face-man-city-confirms-leicester-boss-claude-puel

"Riyad is a magnificent player. He loves football, he loves his relationship with his team-mates, he enjoys his football. I think he needs to come back, to play and touch the ball."

This is getting embarrassing by Puel. It's fine to forgive him once, but if you keep constantly "begging" him to comeback, it just makes you look desperate. Personally have too much pride to do what Puel is doing should I be in his shoes. 

Since when did being humane get filed under 'embarrassing'? 

8 minutes ago, Redouane said:

I get the impression that he's not the type to respond positively to a bollocking, more of an arm around the shoulder sort. It must be difficult to provide that arm given the circumstances but it might be the only way for this to end anything short of a disaster.