Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Manchester City (A)..pre match thread.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Your analogy between a marriage and a contract of employment is patently absurd - that is my point.

To address your other point, he's not begging. He's being diplomatic. Which is far from embarrassing, which is what you called it.

Agreed, you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

Edited by Gerard

With Shinji out we might play the same starting lineup as last week, however I feel Nacho will be too stationary. Shinji will be a big miss because his energy to press their back line has caused them many problems in the past. 

I think we might see Ndidi, Silva and James all start as a result with Albrighton, Vardy and Gray up top. Diabate looked OK last week but putting him up against the league leaders seems risky. 

Expect a loss but I feel like we’ve been competitive against them every time we play them though recently their quality (eg not striking a penalty with their wrong foot!) shines through in the end. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

I agree with what your saying and have no problem with man City being interested in mahrez. But like you say it gave us no time to get a replacement in which the media don't seem to understand. Clearly how mahrez is acting atm is going to put clubs off him in the summer imo. 

FFS...why oh fking why,should a buying Club,be concerned If the selling Club has time to find

a replacement...what a load of imature nonsense..Trash and absolute bunkum!!!

On 2/7/2018 at 14:32, MCFC said:

For what? Maybe Pep doesn't see the benefit of throwing someone who won't play onto the bench. Tokenism isn't necessarily helpful. 

RE Mahrez; In my opinion if he comes back soon then I can understand why you refused to sell. If he stays AWOL for the rest of the season then that's a different matter. But to suggest Pep's throwing a 'hissy fit' about it, or to say he's being 'petulant'... In my opinion people want to hate Pep, similarly to Sterling, but he's not actually done anything to suggest that these negative character traits exist at all. The media have created them with sensationalist headlines. Very few people who've actually met Pep have a bad word to say about him, and yet half the population of Britain is convinced that he's some arrogant narcissist? Very odd. 

The point is, why make a bid that is a smidge more than you paid for Laporte. By all means come and buy our best creative player at the last minute in the Jan window, but how would you justify the piteous offer made.

Even your Manc journo was stumped by that on the Radio Leicester football forum, he had no comeback whatsoever. What about you?

£8 million more than a (very) promising young CB? Your blessed Pep is taking the piss, and the fact you can't see that says everything we need to know. This is a grudge match now, things could get heated, and you have brought it on yourselves.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Bert said:

Harsh on Albrighton, would have him in instead of Diabete. And perhaps Simpson for Amartey. But the biggest thing for me is that central midfield. All over it. 

Very harsh on Albrighton however he's been poor in 2018 compared to his form before Xmas and it's all about pace from the front three and the creativity and calmness from Iborra and Silva. I've really took to Amartey, think he's a class act.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

The point is, why make a bid that is a smidge more than you paid for Laporte. By all means come and by our best creative player at the last minute in the Jan window, but how would you justify the piteous offer made.

Even your Manc journo was stumped by that on the Radio Leicester football forum, he had no comeback whatsoever. What about you?

£8 million more than a (very) promising young CB? Your blessed Pep is taking the piss, and the fact you can't see that says everything we need to know. This is a grudge match now, things could get heated, and you have brought it on yourselves.

Yeh but pep has already covered off the grudge match aspect by going on about how his players are continually fouled by the opposition and by putting only 6 on the bench in his last match. Any hard tackles by us will result in cards and we’ll probably be down to 10 men! 

41 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Yeh but pep has already covered off the grudge match aspect by going on about how his players are continually fouled by the opposition and by putting only 6 on the bench in his last match. Any hard tackles by us will result in cards and we’ll probably be down to 10 men! 

Yeah, that is true, he was putting pressure on the refs, he is like the new Ferguson. :(

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Yeah, that is true, he was putting pressure on the refs, he is like the new Ferguson. :(

I agree, very clever his behalf. Getting just a little bit into the refs head can only help.

Maybe, dispite his disappointment in not being able to leave, it’s his time to show them he’s worth more than what they offered for him. 

Come on Riyad, get the fans who love(d) you back on side and earn yourself that huge summer move! 

Ill advised and very petulant but I don’t think he’s a bad lad at heart. Bar the two transfer windows and the very average 2016/17 season (shackled by poor management more than anything), he’s always been humble. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

The point is, why make a bid that is a smidge more than you paid for Laporte. By all means come and buy our best creative player at the last minute in the Jan window, but how would you justify the piteous offer made.

We do have a transfer budget. It's a lot bigger than most teams but there is a limit to what we can spend, and maybe we didn't have the funds for £75m+ for Mahrez on top of £57m for Laporte (which was his release clause- I'm sure we'd have wanted a lower price if possible) and around £45m set aside for Fred, who's probably coming in the summer.

Alternatively, and the Sanchez saga backs this up, we've decided we're no longer willing to pay above what we value a player at- we could've got Sanchez for £30m on January 1st but decided it wouldn't be worth the money, which further suggests that we have a smaller budget for this month than usual. Mahrez at £65m is certainly below what he's worth- compared to Coutinho at over twice that price- but maybe we decided to wait until the summer when there were more funds available. That's just my theory.