Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Manchester City (A)..pre match thread.

Reading the Man city forum, their fans  seem to make a great deal of the team taking a 3 day break  and they will come back refreshed  and give Leicester a pasting. What do you guys think of their 3 day break , will it be a positive advantage for them. I'm getting a little bet worried cos their posters on their bluemoon forum seem to think it will great for them physically and mentality.

Shinji being injured tempts Puel into playing Silva as a 3rd midfielder. 

It’s hard to see how you can go with iheanacho and Vardy as it will put so much pressure on James and Ndidi but I’m still half tempted to think **** it and try and catch them by surprise.

23 minutes ago, Redouane said:

If a girl says she's leaving you because she wants to be with somebody better, would you beg her to stay?

Funnily enough, my girl is contracted to stay with me for another 2.5 years. Given I'm paying her an awful lot of money to keep her in a relationship with me..... 

Oh look, your analogy doesn't work. How embarrassing. 

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Shinji being injured tempts Puel into playing Silva as a 3rd midfielder. 

It’s hard to see how you can go with iheanacho and Vardy as it will put so much pressure on James and Ndidi but I’m still half tempted to think **** it and try and catch them by surprise.

I'd have to imagine we see a U23 player on the bench, at least. Maybe two.

I can see him starting albrighton for his work rate and diabate on the other side. Think gray may have to settle for a bit of time on the bench again especially if mahrez comes back in the next few weeks somehow. cheeky 1-0 win in the 94th min of ten mins added time ?

55 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Schmeichel

Amartey

Maguire

Dragovic

Fuchs

Ndidi

Iborra

Silva

Diabate

Vardy

Gray

Harsh on Albrighton, would have him in instead of Diabete. And perhaps Simpson for Amartey. But the biggest thing for me is that central midfield. All over it. 

52 minutes ago, KJT said:

Reading the Man city forum, their fans  seem to make a great deal of the team taking a 3 day break  and they will come back refreshed  and give Leicester a pasting. What do you guys think of their 3 day break , will it be a positive advantage for them. I'm getting a little bet worried cos their posters on their bluemoon forum seem to think it will great for them physically and mentality.

We did the same after the Arsenal 2-2  when we won the league 

On 07/02/2018 at 15:31, winteriscoming said:

It would give the 17 year old experience of the first team squad and what to expect away from home in the premiership. 

On 07/02/2018 at 16:26, The Doctor said:

Then said it's all he had available to him (a lie), with the obvious begging for sympathy subtext...

Matchday experience, assuming you actually intend to have a youth team rather than hoard players and spend another 50/60m to cover an injury...

On 07/02/2018 at 16:36, Cardiff_Fox said:

You signed a player a couple of days before deadline day. 21 years of age, a young English winger and talented. Man City bought him from their sister club at a discount rate to what other clubs were bidding and then immediately loaned him to Middlesbrough. Man City signed him after Sane's injury - so it would have been wise to keep him about. 

Alongside that, there are lots of Man City players on loan across the world. It's hard to have sympathy. 

These are all valid arguments that I can respect. It's just that in my opinion the people who know these young players and work with them every day would be much better placed than you or I to determine if they would benefit from being in the squad for the Burnley game and/or have earned it on merit. 

As for Jack Harrison, I'd imagine he'll get a lot more out of half a season at Boro than he would've from a token spot on the bench because there was nobody else available. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Schmeichel

Amartey

Maguire

Dragovic

Fuchs

Ndidi

Iborra

Silva

Diabate

Vardy

Gray

I'l go with that.  But Maybe Albrighton for Gray.  Would be nice to at least test that three in midfield as, on paper, it looks a great combo. X

On 07/02/2018 at 18:08, holyfox said:

Don’t take it personal mate. You’ve been courteous on here and pretty balanced in my view. The Mahrez debacle just pi**es is all off because if anyone could afford him it with be you guys. It’s clearly knackered the momentum we’d built up and may we’ll end up costing us a place in Europe. Our owners are getting a bad press over this but little or no fallout for Man City, so that just adds insult to injury.

For what it’s worth, I’d be more than happy with a point but have a feeling we’ll end up on the wrong side of a high scoring game. Enjoy the title and you’ll never be as bad as those spuds in my eyes:scarf:

Thanks, as it happens I agree that Manchester City didn't handle the Mahrez situation all too well. Assuming the stories we've received from the media are true, M. City waited far too late to make a bid for Mahrez, leaving L. City no time at all to react as they'd have liked to. In general I think our transfer business is quite good but on this occasion we're mainly to blame for what's gone wrong. Not many players would go AWOL like Mahrez has, mind you. I think he's getting some bad advice. 

I still haven't accepted us winning the title yet, because if anyone can f**k this up it's Manchester City. I like a lot of your players, Okazaki, Iheanacho (of course) and Maguire especially. And you've won the title more recently than us so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see you get something on Saturday. 

• Like 1

the problem with man city this season is that in seasons past, they used to try and work it through the middle so you just congested that area, stayed compact and tried to get them wide. by the time they had worked it wide in your final third you generally had enough cover for the pull back or cross. this season they are getting it wide quickly and getting in behind your full backs where they can do lots of damage because you haven't had time to organise in the middle.

three in the middle makes sense but I'm worried about the wings, especially with diabate who wont have come across a man city before !!!!!

On 07/02/2018 at 16:45, RumbleFox said:

Hi there

I can only speak for myself but.....

As a manager, I  love Pep, love him.  Read both his books and they are genuinely enlightening and he seems a very decent man.  What he achieved at Barcelona, that side will be remember forever and it looks like he is creating a formidable side with you too.  I can;t really say much bad about him and I actually always quite liked Sterling, very good player.  Having said all that, as a fan yourself of a team that was not always one of the big boys you must understand the frustrations of certain Leicester fans and, subsequently, the narrative being portrayed by the mainstream media.  If, say, Barca came in for KdB, on the last day of the window with a bid of £80m which you turned down as being not his true value then the player never played again and the entire press somehow blamed Man City for not "knowing their place" I imagine you might feel frustrated too.  Forums are odd places, people are exaggerated versions of themselves and many people on here might sometimes overstep the mark but we have a right to be annoyed and why can't we aim for the stars once in a while?  We actually reached them once.

Anyway, I admire the way you play and congratulations on winning the league, I wish you the best.  But I hope we absolutely thrash you on Saturday.

Cheers

X

Thanks for the reply. Personally I agree that there was no reason why Leicester should collapse and sell Mahrez just because Manchester City wanted him, I think your club handled the situation quite well and mine didn't. I remember Chelsea coming in for Shaun Wright-Phillips against our will and I would've loved us to just refuse them so I can understand your frustrations entirely. Of course that was thirteen years ago but the principle is the same.

Hoping for a good game on Saturday, may the best City win.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, MCFC said:

Thanks, as it happens I agree that Manchester City didn't handle the Mahrez situation all too well. Assuming the stories we've received from the media are true, M. City waited far too late to make a bid for Mahrez, leaving L. City no time at all to react as they'd have liked to. In general I think our transfer business is quite good but on this occasion we're mainly to blame for what's gone wrong. Not many players would go AWOL like Mahrez has, mind you. I think he's getting some bad advice. 

I still haven't accepted us winning the title yet, because if anyone can f**k this up it's Manchester City. I like a lot of your players, Okazaki, Iheanacho (of course) and Maguire especially. And you've won the title more recently than us so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see you get something on Saturday. 

I agree with what your saying and have no problem with man City being interested in mahrez. But like you say it gave us no time to get a replacement in which the media don't seem to understand. Clearly how mahrez is acting atm is going to put clubs off him in the summer imo. 

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Funnily enough, my girl is contracted to stay with me for another 2.5 years. Given I'm paying her an awful lot of money to keep her in a relationship with me..... 

Oh look, your analogy doesn't work. How embarrassing. 

Actually it does work.

- Marriage is a contract (meant to last for ever).

- If you are the main bread winner, then you can be paying her an awful lot of money

You are not supposed to apply the equivalent circumstances for an analogy, not the exact same.

To make you happy I will make the required amendments to make it work: If your wife told you she wants to leave for somebody better, despite the fact that you buy her whatever she wants, would you beg her to stay?

Edited by Redouane

1 minute ago, Redouane said:

Actually it does work.

- Marriage is a contract (meant to last for ever).

- If you are the main bread winner, then you can be paying her an awful lot of money

You are not supposed to apply the equivalent circumstances for an analogy, not the exact same.

Oh give it up, you're wrong. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Oh give it up, you're wrong. 

How can I be wrong if there is no right or wrong scenario though? If you think it's okay for manager to publicly beg for a player to comeback, then it's your opinion.. i just don't agree with that approach. I would've preferred an approach where he neither criticizes nor praises Mahrez.

Just now, Redouane said:

How can I be wrong if there is no right or wrong scenario though? If you think it's okay for manager to publicly beg for a player to comeback, then it's your opinion.. i just don't agree with that approach. I would've preferred an approach where he neither criticizes nor praises Mahrez.

Your analogy between a marriage and a contract of employment is patently absurd - that is my point.

To address your other point, he's not begging. He's being diplomatic. Which is far from embarrassing, which is what you called it.