Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Manchester City (A)..pre match thread.

57 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Interesting

I guess a previous reply I made on the Mahrez release-clause thread needs updating:

"The sooner Mahrez realises that the Man City offer was an INSULT - being at the last minute and not for his full value - to both the club AND himself, the better. To then play better (preferably against Man City themselves, not that it'll happen which IS happening? :D) and get a much higher transfer fee in the Summer to a competing club should be his goal..."

16 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

He won’t play tomorrow. There would be uproar amongst the squad (especially from the players in the same position) as they’ve manned the fort without Riyad and he can’t just swan back in the day before a game and make the squad.

Except we're absolute dog mess without him and they haven't got a leg to stand on. Get him in and win the fcuker.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Puel seems more cautious about bringing players back after a 'mid season break' than previous managers. Think this is actually science driven and RM will undergo tests before being allowed to play, so would be surprised if we see him, perhaps a short cameo at the end of the game, just to get that over with, ideally after a Diabetes hatrick. LCFC signing old Archies hit...

Edited by FoxFossil

42 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

He won’t play tomorrow. There would be uproar amongst the squad (especially from the players in the same position) as they’ve manned the fort without Riyad and he can’t just swan back in the day before a game and make the squad.

well, they didn't lit the league on fire without him, did they? in the end he's still our best player.

tick him on the bench and don't play him!

9 minutes ago, the fox said:

well, they didn't lit the league on fire without him, did they? in the end he's still our best player.

tick him on the bench and don't play him!

Nah. Not tomorrow. Leave him out the squad tomorrow and bring him back in after. 

Have to admit I had a big grin on my face seeing the news that he's coming back today. I don't care about the morals of it all here, we just need to get the team winning again. Stick him on the bench and bring him on for that extra bit of fire towards the end of the game.

1 minute ago, the fox said:

Yeah, that can also do. But having a motivated Mahrez off the bench is something that you don't get to see everyday. 

I agree. It depends what he's come back and said to the squad and manager I suppose. Hopefully He is fired up but he still needs some sort of punishment. Missing this game would probably be a gut punch but a soft one so all are happy. 

If he does get involved and outs everything into it then all's well that ends well.... until the summer atleast lol

It'll either end in an emphatic win for Manchester City or a last-minute win for our side.

Curious to see how we line up on Saturday, I can but assume it's going to be our strongest XI, probably the same we saw against Swansea.

Also, Iheanacho against his former club - tasty.

We've got a chance, but we need to take it.

I just hope I won't witness another Liverpool away experience, where we take the lead and falter late into the game, crumbling under intense pressure.

I'll be surprised if Mahrez features tomorrow. I assume CP and Apples have been working on tactics and formation all week based on the fact he wouldn't be available.

Just because he suddenly fancies it now doesn't mean we can just rip up our plans at the last minute to accommodate him again.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I'll be surprised if Mahrez features tomorrow. I assume CP and Apples have been working on tactics and formation all week based on the fact he wouldn't be available.

Just because he suddenly fancies it now doesn't mean we can just rip up our plans at the last minute to accommodate him again.

Yeah, i totally agree on this one, izzy. But there are things i take into consideration.

1- The team didn't impress without him
2- He's still our best player
3- Coming off the bench won't hurt anyone

Edited by the fox
  • Like 1

Nah, shouldn't play him tomorrow. He's not trained for two weeks and we've prepared for the game without him. Bench at the absolute most and I don't even think that's appropriate.

So frustrating. Our season derailed and a sour ending for club and player to an incredible story because of a few greedy cvnts in suits and an impressionable diva.

1 hour ago, the fox said:

Yeah, i totally agree on this one, izzy. But there are things i take into consideration.

1- The team didn't impress without him
2- He's still our best player
3- Coming off the bench won't hurt anyone

We played good football for spells without him at Everton and Swansea.  That was with blooding in new players and without our best player.  Theoretically, Diabate, Iheanacho, Silva and Vard could all improve playing together as they get more game time

However, yes, if Mahrez is fit and ready to play, its a no brainer to put him on the bench and bring him on later on in the game