Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Evington Fosse Fox

Ticket arrangements for Chelsea FA game (not ideal)

55 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Ahh right gotcha, they do it for League games and you're saying they should implement that scheme for the cup games. I'd agree. 

Yes that's what I understood the OP to be about. All ST holders can buy their seats first, which is as it should be. Tickets for the league games are released to members according to their priority points. But cup games are released to members in one go. So far this hasn't been an issue AFAIK, but presumably the demand for the QF is going to be higher, and so some members who have been to all the others may miss out to a member who hasn't been to any. In fact are we still selling memberships? If so there's nothing stopping someone joining now, and having as much chance of getting a ticket for this as a member who's been to every single game this season. 

I don't think that people who went to earlier rounds deserve priority for this game, but the attendance for Fleetwood was pathetic, I know why, but if there was some incentive it might have been a less embarrassing crowd. 

If cup priority points were separate including league cup, then it went to sths it would encourage more people to attend earlier rounds. I don't think it would be fair for someone who has been to every cup game to miss out on the final to a season ticket holder who hadn't bothered with the cup.

7 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Yes that's what I understood the OP to be about. All ST holders can buy their seats first, which is as it should be. Tickets for the league games are released to members according to their priority points. But cup games are released to members in one go. So far this hasn't been an issue AFAIK, but presumably the demand for the QF is going to be higher, and so some members who have been to all the others may miss out to a member who hasn't been to any. In fact are we still selling memberships? If so there's nothing stopping someone joining now, and having as much chance of getting a ticket for this as a member who's been to every single game this season. 

You've met our ticket office, right?

They are currently selling tickets to members for home games nearly 2 months away.

I guess the reason for selling to members on mass for cup ties is based on the sheer lack of ability to actually make sure tickets arrive before the game in a shorter time frame.

7 hours ago, Bayfox said:

You've met our ticket office, right?

They are currently selling tickets to members for home games nearly 2 months away.

I guess the reason for selling to members on mass for cup ties is based on the sheer lack of ability to actually make sure tickets arrive before the game in a shorter time frame.

Yes I get it, it just seemed like a lot of people missed the OP's point 

58 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Yes I get it, it just seemed like a lot of people missed the OP's point 

All this talk of members missing out, I still think, even when selling to all members at the same time, that everyone will get a ticket. It might even get to general sale.

A lot of STH's don't bother with extra games (outside of PL home games) especially when the game is on TV.

The club could introduce priority selling arrangements but this would not have been needed/possible due to tight turnaround for previous matches.

I can't understand why all this fuss. All STHs and Members* will get tickets for the Chelsea game, and all STHs members should get tickets for the Semi Final if we get there (God willing).

It's the Final itself where there will be an almighty scrum. (But let's cross that bridge if we get to it)

* i'm presuming not ALL STHs and members will apply

Edited by ultrafox

3 minutes ago, ultrafox said:

I can't understand why all this fuss. All STHs and Members* will get tickets for the Chelsea game, and all STHs members should get tickets for the Semi Final if we get there (God willing).

It's the Final itself where there will be an almighty scrum. (But let's cross that bridge if we get to it)

* i'm presuming not ALL STHs and members will apply

Every season ticket holder will get one for semi final and final if we were to be that lucky 

6 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Every season ticket holder will get one for semi final and final if we were to be that lucky 

thats true, every STH should do, they managed to in the community shield last season

cant wait for the moan fest from "fans" if we do get past Chelsea and the fact they wont be able to get tickets

25 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Semi, yes. Final would most likely be 28,000 tickets, of which I would imagine all (or nearly all) 23,000 STH would take. I would imagine up to another 500-750 to be distributed amongst corportate, family of players and other guests (including mates of the ticket office). The rest would be a priority based members whittle down.

13 minutes ago, FraserSorensen said:

Semi, yes. Final would most likely be 28,000 tickets, of which I would imagine all (or nearly all) 23,000 STH would take. I would imagine up to another 5,000 to be distributed amongst corportate, family of players and other guests (including mates of the ticket office). The rest would be a priority based members whittle down.

Small correction in bold above. it will be like the Everton trophy-lifting league game, all of Bangkok will be at Wembley

48 minutes ago, Jiggers the Fox said:

Looks like it's Sunday half 4 according to a paramedic I know who works at the games.

Based on your information I have just called a work colleague who works for St Johns Ambulance down Leicester and asked if he knew anything. He said he would check on the system and he has said it is Sunday afternoon at half four 

Also not so happy with a Sunday game, but at least it's not the Monday as I definitely couldn't have done that. Annoyingly looking at the trains there are engineering works on that day, so it's a replacement bus service. (Anyone travelling via Nuneaton bear that in mind when making plans).