Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bellend Sebastian

Explosion on Hinckley Road

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I understand the angle you're coming from but I'm not sure it applies to Hopkins. 

I don't know anyone that's ever quoted her and used her nonsense to base their opinions on. 

@Wookie is actually right, the only time I hear her name or see her opinions is when people who follow her just to "keep an eye on her" and be outraged by her share her bile.

I'm all up for exposing cvnts with genuine growing influence like Griffin a few years ago but Hopkins is literally just an attention seeker who will say anything to get retweets. 

I'd argue that string-em-up commentators, be it on twitter, TV or print, probably have more influence these days than many politicians, especially ones like Griffin who is pretty obscure outside the UK.

it's literally no different to someone like Abu Hamza firing up a twitter account and spouting a load of hateful anti-white, anti-freedom shit and people would be absolutely up in ****ing arms about it.

just because it's some white, female ex-reality TV cvnt doing it in the other direction doesn't mean it should be ignored.

deny it all you want but there are thousands of impressionable idiots out there who follow and regurgitate her bullshit. just because you've not had the misfortune to meet anyone in real life doesn't mean they're not out there.  

16 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

it's literally no different to someone like Abu Hamza firing up a twitter account and spouting a load of hateful anti-white, anti-freedom shit and people would be absolutely up in ****ing arms about it.

just because it's some white, female ex-reality TV cvnt doing it in the other direction doesn't mean it should be ignored.

deny it all you want but there are thousands of impressionable idiots out there who follow and regurgitate her bullshit. just because you've not had the misfortune to meet anyone in real life doesn't mean they're not out there.  

But there ARE twitter accounts spouting hateful islamist shit and I'd say the same about them. Don't give them the attention they're after. 

Do you think anyone has ever been turned in to a suicide bomber by an Internet troll? 

The difference between Abu Hamza, Nick Griffin and Katie Hopkins is that the former two - offline - are seducing disenfranchised, vulnerable, angry young males and brainwashing them with their ideologies and recruiting them to their cause by telling them Muslims / Westerners are what's got them angry. 

Hopkins has no cult, she doesn't want one, she has one goal and one goal only - to be famous for being controversial. 

The only people that can make her successful are people who choose to fight her. 

Even if anyone IS influenced by her opinions, it's only BECAUSE they see "Liberal snowflakes" getting upset with her. Skinhead McKnuckles doesn't follow Hopkins on twitter looking for a new messiah, he only hears about her when people are getting upset and retweeting her shit about Muslims somehow having something to do with a  gas leak in a Polish shop. At which point he laughs and agrees with her. 

Prior to that, he probably didn't have a clue who she was. I don't think EDL hooligans are a big part of The Apprentices target audience. 

• Like 3

it's not about her having EDL skinhead hooligans following her; she has a following of bored right housewives, daily mail readers, your middle of the road fairly inconspicuous work colleagues who wouldn't repeat her shit in public but read it and think 'yeah, she's got a point - all these muslim bomb makers blowing up buildings in Leicester'.

of course she isn't influencing anyone with an ounce of intelligence but you're forgetting about the many, many brainless idiots we have walking amongst us who ONLY form their opinions from bullshit they read on twitter and facebook. 

no - she's obviously not rallying the hardcore crowd but I think more people listen to her than you think. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ajthefox said:

Just by posting her twitter in this thread, her platform and her infamy has increased.

Don't give her the airtime.

sorry mate, I don't buy that. posting it in this thread for discussion has hardly put her output in front of anyone who's going to take it for anything other than what it is, rubbish.

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

But there ARE twitter accounts spouting hateful islamist shit and I'd say the same about them. Don't give them the attention they're after. 

Do you think anyone has ever been turned in to a suicide bomber by an Internet troll? 

The difference between Abu Hamza, Nick Griffin and Katie Hopkins is that the former two - offline - are seducing disenfranchised, vulnerable, angry young males and brainwashing them with their ideologies and recruiting them to their cause by telling them Muslims / Westerners are what's got them angry. 

Hopkins has no cult, she doesn't want one, she has one goal and one goal only - to be famous for being controversial. 

The only people that can make her successful are people who choose to fight her. 

Even if anyone IS influenced by her opinions, it's only BECAUSE they see "Liberal snowflakes" getting upset with her. Skinhead McKnuckles doesn't follow Hopkins on twitter looking for a new messiah, he only hears about her when people are getting upset and retweeting her shit about Muslims somehow having something to do with a  gas leak in a Polish shop. At which point he laughs and agrees with her. 

Prior to that, he probably didn't have a clue who she was. I don't think EDL hooligans are a big part of The Apprentices target audience. 

Wasn't she a columnist for one of the right-wing rags until recently?

Just now, lifted*fox said:

it's not about her having EDL skinhead hooligans following her; she has a following of bored right housewives, daily mail readers, your middle of the road fairly inconspicuous work colleagues who wouldn't repeat her shit in public but read it and think 'yeah, she's got a point - all these muslim bomb makers blowing up buildings in Leicester'.

of course she isn't influencing anyone with an ounce of intelligence but you're forgetting about the many, many brainless idiots we have walking amongst us who ONLY form their opinions from bullshit they read on twitter and facebook. 

no - she's obviously not rallying the hardcore crowd but I think more people listen to her than you think. 

But you call her out on the Internet and all you do is entrench those people in support of her. 

When has a debate or argument on the Internet ever changed anyone's mind? It just sures up their stance. Look at us now. 

I mean, I'm clearly correct, there's no argument here. But every time I reword and repost my argument to explain it to you you are going to come back with more reworded denial because you're not listening. 

And meanwhile in your own mind you're thinking, well, I'M clearly correct, Finners is clearly wrong, if I just explain it THIS way to him he'll see. Or, at very least, maybe some neutral folk will agree with me. 

Problem is, when you're making Muslim jokes about the deaths of four people in a domestic explosion there aren't neutral people. It's too emotive. 

• Like 1

Just now, Captain... said:

It's a reference to the film Four Lions, which is a surprising reference for Katie Hopkins to make.

What I love the most about it is the apparent complete lack of awareness that: 

1. She's exactly the sort of "celebrity" Morris despises. 

2. She's propagating the exact sort of hysteria Four Lions is about mocking. 

It's a bit like Republican senators using Born In The USA as a patriotic anthem. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

A gig she got because they recognised she was controversial and an absolute goldmine because of exactly this shit. 

But it kinda invalidates your point about EDL skinheads not watching The Apprentice.

I'm pretty sure she's widely known for her views without twitter.

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

But it kinda invalidates your point about EDL skinheads not watching The Apprentice.

I'm pretty sure she's widely known for her views without twitter.

Think you miss my point. 

She got the gig in the papers BECAUSE of her twitter fame. 

No twitter outrage, no Katie Hopkins column. 

Edit: just to add, I'm becoming very aware I'm filling this thread with an ironic segway about an Internet troll which is both massively disrespectful and completely pointless. 

I'm bowing out and if some of this gets tidied up by a mod that might not be the worst. 

Sorry guys, especially if anyone knew anyone involved. 

Edited by Finnegan

I suspect it's a gas explosion or related, like the other unfortunate tragedy in Birstall.

Which is quite rare, but has, presumably with this being the case for the cause on this event, happened twice badly in Leicester in the space of a few months.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1 hour ago, ramadaone said:

One of the nicest girls you are ever likely to meet died in this accident 

If anyone has an address for those cvnts Hopkins or Nick Griffin please let me know

Gutted to hear that mate, thoughts with you and hers. Horrible. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1