Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

West Brom post match thread 4-1

5 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Two of your problems showed up in one "simple" post

you put simple in quotation marks yet I've not used that word anywhere. It's a good ball.

The finish is in a different league to the pass and you'd have to be Algerian to think otherwise and even turn this into a debate.

I haven't really followed your exchange, so you might be justified in your replies, but can't we just love a great goal. It is so refreshing to see most people happy for once.

I leave all my negativity on the joke thread. :ph34r:

3 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I've said this before, and I'm sure plenty of others have too. He's a bit of a cvnt, but he's our cvnt. If he played for anyone else I'd probably hate him too, just as I would hate anyone goading us the way he does with opposition fans. But I absolutely adore him just the way he is while he's our player. 

He isn't that annoying. Remember Speedie? He was annoying...:D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I disagree, Gerbolds posts are always penned eloquently, considered and thought provoking!

I've mentioned not that long ago, but often confuse him with Thracian, who also was like that in his posts before the fate that made him disappear.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Nope, it wasn't my friend. Did you ever try to hit first time (with your weak foot) a soaking wet ball coming out from 50 yards without control whilst being about 20 yards away from goal with a defender breathing hard on your neck? 

It reminds me of another goal. Zidane's volley following a beautiful cross from Beckham (Real Madrid times). Like Beckham said "it was pretty good pass" (40 yards pin-point cross mind you), but what happened after that was pure pr0n. Volleyed in first intent in the opposite right corner. 

I definitely did it once in the school playground, in the dry, maybe 10 yards out and with a tennis ball. And maybe once or twice with a proper ball. In my whole life.

Probably wasn't on my weaker foot though, and it certainly never mattered one jot lol. It is about as difficult a volley as you can attempt. The amazing thing is he put it in the corner as well. As others have said, that is world class finishing.

To have several players who can deliver something that special is a rare treat for a Leicester fan. As far back as I can remember, we have always been more of a bundle it in from 5 yards kind of side, with perhaps peak Bloomfield being the exception.

Filthy football from our King Fox. :scarf: Right up there with his finish against Germany. Peak Jamie.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

Until I watched it again on MotD I hadn't realised he'd taken it on the volley. Incredible.

Vardy deserves much more. If Sanchez is on 400k a week, Vardy is severely underpaid at 100k. If not for his loyalty, he would not still be at Leicester.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

Good solid result after a very dodgy start. Good to see Chilwell recover from his mare and go on to have a reasonable game, especially going forward, including a wonderful assist.

No doubt that Mahrez is head and shoulders a better quality player than any of the others, and will be missed when he has gone. I thought Gray was looking a bit better than of late, but frustratingly inconsistent.

Iborra and Nacho also putting in a good showing.

Great to see Morgan and Rondon having their usual tussle. Thought Morgan did pretty well in the main, apart from his goal of course. Perhaps worth a bid for Rondon in the summer? Great goal from Vardy of course and fantastic save from Kasper.

All in all a great result if not always pretty.

Great result. Iborra brilliant, that calm poise he has is so useful and his first time passing excellent. Kelechi with a great performance too. 

If we have Chilwell in the team, we will concede goals. That error for their goal is criminal. He’s the wrong side of the attacker (not goalside) and then commits himself by diving in. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Great result. Iborra brilliant, that calm poise he has is so useful and his first time passing excellent. Kelechi with a great performance too. 

If we have Chilwell in the team, we will concede goals. That error for their goal is criminal. He’s the wrong side of the attacker (not goalside) and then commits himself by diving in. 

said it before and ill keep saying it Chilwell cant defend, his positioning when defending is as bad as ive ever seen from a Leicester defender EVER

Edited by willie-bell-in-rothley

Only the few minutes of MOTD but that's the  best Ive seen from Nacho linking up and playing people in .

Like Iborra he  looks a bit relaxed but shields well.

And finally the third goal at last a proper little weighted cross from Chilwell its not hard to do and Nacho taking up a position to do something with it.

If Fuchs can even stand up he should be starting

10 hours ago, Gerbold said:

The criticism arose from his public expression of dissatisfaction about not being played. We, in general, weren't impatient - he was. He's not yet a team player - still going for the glory stuff - trying to go through three opposition defenders with the intention of scoring himself but producing no end result. Diabate is just the opposite - he's thinking how he can create chances for others. He has five times the footballing brain of Gray. It's no myth - every time he comes on it's apparent that he's special.

Nice of you to wish your own team an adverse result because of some criticism on here for your favourite. As to never being a footballer - sure he's a footballer - problem is he's letting his legs do the thinking and not his brain. Not "everyone on here" has outright condemned him - mostly we want City players to succeed - we're frustrated more than anything else. I wish you well with your impending feelings of satisfaction - of course we'll all be lining up to apologise to you.

So he makes a couple of comments a year or so ago and they have to get brought up every time he doesnt play well enough?

A 20 year old kid being impatient? Who'd have thunk it

I havent seen any evidence of what you're talking about in his recent performances. Maybe he doesnt have a fully developed footballing brain yet, but seems to me to be working on things and is keeping his mouth shut and getting on with it.

There is a reason Puel picks him. There is a reason Liverpool were interested in him

• Like 1