Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

I really can’t see how he’s not going to be sacked now. The “piranha” comment is him just laying it out there to gain support from the press and fans from other clubs. His position is really untenable now, and if he did stay, there would be a fans revolt. 

I do worry about who will come in next and how we are getting a reputation for sacking managers (from the outside, we all saw Claudio had lost the plot, and Shakey wasn’t up to it).

Whoever comes in next has a massive task on their hands, not only with a rebuild, but also they will need to hit the ground running or else the cycle will start again.... 

25 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

I take your point, but M Puel lacks any ability, this has been clearly demonstrated over the last few months being totally tactically outsmarted by managers at clubs at the lower end of the league. An experienced manager in the Premier is now absolutely vital, no more risks, no more wild shots, we can't afford to gamble with just hope and little touches of ability. .

Do you have any realistic suggestions?

4 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Do you have any realistic suggestions?

Unfortunately there are not many options, but a few with ability do stand out Benitez, even Moyes has saved West Ham, what about Wenger, a crazy thought, but masses of success. ( a fresh brand new challenge) 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..... I am looking at this from the owners point of view as per my previous post. The same situation happened with Ranieri and later happened with Shakespeare this is the third time this exact situation has occurred.

To back the players once again would not resolve, what is now looking as strategic manipulation by the playing staff. The adage "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" seems appropriate and to be once again be in this situation will leave a bitter taste in their mouths.

Just to be clear, I support the termination of Puels' contract with immediate effect, i am not in anyway seeking to excuse the football served up by his playing style, his constant denial of the abject performances that we have seen,his self promotion that he is doing a good job, the claims that he has improved the younger players but it is clear (at least to me) that there is an issue within the players that needs to be addressed.

We could be repeating this process in 6 months time.....then what do the owners do then?

I’m not on about backing players.

There are plenty that need to be binned.

This twat is picking the side;

therefore that is not a defense for Puel anyway, it’s more evidence to convict him of gross his incompetence.

I see nothing in Puel that could possibly convince me he has any chance of managing successfully in the PL in this day and age.

We cannot predict the future, but we can sort the major problems we have in the here now and that has to begin with sacking Puel.

The next manager needs to be strong and dynamic and get the team playing ‘as a team’ the rest will sort itself out.

Benitez won't come here, and why would he? I don't really rate Moyes and doubt he'd come here, either. You're right - Wenger is a crazy thought. Even if he did come here (he definitely wouldn't), I'd worry about whether his heart was in it. He's 68 and would be taking a big step down.

14 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I’m not on about backing players.

There are plenty that need to be binned.

This twat is picking the side;

therefore that is not a defense for Puel anyway, it’s more evidence to convict him of gross his incompetence.

I see nothing in Puel that could possibly convince me he has any chance of managing successfully in the PL in this day and age.

We cannot predict the future, but we can sort the major problems we have in the here now and that has to begin with sacking Puel.

The next manager needs to be strong and dynamic and get the team playing ‘as a team’ the rest will sort itself out.

......let me just say. I endorse everything you have said about Puel and the job he is doing.

Perhaps my sentence should have read "for the owners to back the players once again......! I believe this has confused the issue somewhat and has lead you to read my post in not the way I envisaged.

All I am saying is to look at it from the owners point of view, just put yourself in their shoes. Whether the players are to blame or not, they have twice handled it in one way, it has not worked as the problem keep repeating itself, you would surely believe it is now right  for them to try something else?

12 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

......let me just say. I endorse everything you have said about Puel and the job he is doing.

Perhaps my sentence should have read "for the owners to back the players once again......! I believe this has confused the issue somewhat and has lead you to read my post in not the way I envisaged.

All I am saying is to look at it from the owners point of view, just put yourself in their shoes. Whether the players are to blame or not, they have twice handled it in one way, it has not worked as the problem keep repeating itself, you would surely believe it is now right  for them to try something else?

Understood.

The problem in my view is they have chosen two poor managers in Puel and Shakey, and got lucky with Ranieri. 

Picking the correct manager is vital; as I’m sure we all know.

1 hour ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Unfortunately there are not many options, but a few with ability do stand out Benitez, even Moyes has saved West Ham, what about Wenger, a crazy thought, but masses of success. ( a fresh brand new challenge) 

Moyes can feck right off 

Puel has to go and quickly but I so worry about Rudkin and co getting it right

We should be an attractive proposition money,good young prospects etc but recruitment and cohesive planning just don't seem to feature

Rudkin is amateurish and not well reguarded by many agents. My friend works for one of the major London agents

Worrying times

Playing devils advocate and in defence of his comments.

From his perspective he’s on the back foot and fighting for his job. He’s getting stick from fans, likely the players and the media. 

He is hardly going to say, to be fair your better off without me is he. It’s an easy comparison to make and one that is factually not inaccurate, if without a load of context. Southampton are in a worse position. 

Maybe ill-judged but it does feel like he could have said anything and he’d have got the same reaction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

Benitez won't come here, and why would he? I don't really rate Moyes and doubt he'd come here, either. You're right - Wenger is a crazy thought. Even if he did come here (he definitely wouldn't), I'd worry about whether his heart was in it. He's 68 and would be taking a big step down.

Roy Hodgson is even older than Wenger ,but done an excellent job at CP

8 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

Playing devils advocate and in defence of his comments.

From his perspective he’s on the back foot and fighting for his job. He’s getting stick from fans, likely the players and the media. 

He is hardly going to say, to be fair your better off without me is he. It’s an easy comparison to make and one that is factually not inaccurate, if without a load of context. Southampton are in a worse position. 

Maybe ill-judged but it does feel like he could have said anything and he’d have got the same reaction.

It's not about what he's said (Wouldn't understand him or stay awake long enough to even if I tried anyway), it's about what he's done and what he's doing, the damage has been done - I don't understand any defence of his decisions whatsoever and whilst a minority of people continue to defend him and make excuses i've had no-one answer me when i've questioned them.

Edited by Matt

17 minutes ago, fairbanksh said:

We should be an attractive proposition money,good young prospects etc but recruitment and cohesive planning just don't seem to feature

Rudkin is amateurish and not well reguarded by many agents. My friend works for one of the major London agents

Worrying times

That is scary to hear if true?

Rudkin out and Puel out then. :surrender:

1 minute ago, Matt said:

It's not about what's said (Wouldn't understand him or stay away long enough to even if I tried anyway), it's about what he's done and doing, the damage has been done.

I understand that’s what you and others think. I’m saying specifically on the point of fans jumping on him for those comments, I find that a little hyperbolic because he is obviously going to defend his ability to take the club forward. 

Ive seen loads of your posts and you seem utterly convinced it’s Puel fault and only his fault, when we saw a similar turn of events with the manager who led us to the PL title. I believe the players have a role in all this. 

8 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

I understand that’s what you and others think. I’m saying specifically on the point of fans jumping on him for those comments, I find that a little hyperbolic because he is obviously going to defend his ability to take the club forward. 

Ive seen loads of your posts and you seem utterly convinced it’s Puel fault and only his fault, when we saw a similar turn of events with the manager who led us to the PL title. I believe the players have a role in all this. 

Not at all, I've think the manager, players, coaches and off field staff are all at fault in some capacity, I think the players need to step up to the plate without doubt but whilst Puel keeps picking the same players I see no defence.

Whilst I understand he has tried his style to see who he wants to keep or get rid off I don't see why he has persistently continued with it for so long when it's not working, it seems to me he's either refused to try another style, a style that has previously worked with these players or he simply doesn't know how - or both, it seems he only has one way and one way only, limited.

I don't know how many times i've said we need an overhaul from top to bottom, it's far from only Puel's fault but I see very little to offer in his defence, as i've said when i've asked questions to those who have defended him they're yet to answer me.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

Just now, Matt said:

Not at all, I've think the manager, players, coaches and off field staff are all at fault in some capacity, I think the players need to step up to the plate without doubt but whilst Puel keeps picking the same players I see no defence.

Whilst I understand he has tried his style to see who he wants to keep or get rid off I don't see why he has persistently continued with it for so long when it's not working, it seems to me he's either refused to try another style, a style that has previously worked with these players or he simply doesn't know how - or both, it seems he only has one way and one way only, limited.

I don't know how many times i've said we need an overhaul from top to bottom, it's far from only Puel's fault but I see very little in his defence.

I think that’s a really solid post. My only defence for him is that these aren’t his players so he needs time to develop the squad to meet his philosophy. That said, I take the points you made and if isn’t working, it isn’t working 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, fairbanksh said:

Worrying times

Maybe he's not very well regarded because he drives a hard bargain and doesn't let them walk all over the club with their stupid demands and clauses. Rudkin in :ph34r:lol

42 minutes ago, fairbanksh said:

Worrying times

Yes, he is so out of his depth. I have been saying this for years. What he is extremely good at though, is Brown nosing.

I know this guy is an Arsenal fan but he knows his onions. Called Barton to Fleetwood with Hill as his assistant months back. 

IMG_4501.PNG

4 hours ago, Fox1norfolk said:

I take your point, but M Puel lacks any ability, this has been clearly demonstrated over the last few months being totally tactically outsmarted by managers at clubs at the lower end of the league. An experienced manager in the Premier is now absolutely vital, no more risks, no more wild shots, we can't afford to gamble with just hope and little touches of ability. .

There is literally no evidence to support your claim that it's vital to appoint managers with Premier League experience. It just isn't true, some of the best managers in this league's history came into this country to manage for the first time and made a mockery of managers who have been here for years. I could literally list loads of examples, most football fans could. 

• Like 3