Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

I understand those who want him to stay in because they want to see a period of stable management and a transition to a new style of football. 

And I agree this is needed, there is a need for a major squad overhaul. 

Unfortunately we should not settle for this man to be the one to undertake this monumental task, I’d feel more assured with Ian Dowie right now!

Sometimes it’s a case that a manager just doesn’t fit the club and their philosophies, this is truly the case here. 

I’m going to take Benitez as an example here, if Puel decided Vardy was not the right man and dropped him we would begin to question the logic, if it were Benitez you’d know there would be a reason and would be more understanding.

Simply put Puel has not displayed the characteristics to do what is needed at this club, hence my stance on him going and we get the Right Man to do the job that is long overdue.... overhaul this squad and push us forward!

• Like 1

Does anyone seriously trust Rudkin and Whelan to find a suitable replacement?  Therein lies the cause of most of our problems.  Replacing Claudio with first Shaky and then Puel were mistakes.  The 4 windows pre-Puel were a disaster with the exception of 3 players, one of which was brought in by Puel.

Replacing Puel in isolation is not the solution. There needs to be a clear out of the personnel both on and off the Pitch.  Keep Filbert, the Birch and the bugalar and review all other positions after appointing a new DoF.  We need a massive Freshening -up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

Does anyone seriously trust Rudkin and Whelan to find a suitable replacement?  Therein lies the cause of most of our problems.  Replacing Claudio with first Shaky and then Puel were mistakes.  The 4 windows pre-Puel were a disaster with the exception of 3 players, one of which was brought in by Puel.

Replacing Puel in isolation is not the solution. There needs to be a clear out of the personnel both on and off the Pitch.  Keep Filbert, the Birch and the bugalar and review all other positions after appointing a new DoF.  We need a massive Freshening -up.

Everyone out !!!!! ....    :bounce:

Has to go ASAP. We aren't going to get anything from our last two games under Puel other than more humiliating defeats. 

He said before the game that it's "short term pain for long term gain", but what are we gaining from being battered each game? What is his philosophy of how he wants us to play? Because at the moment there is none!

His tactics and team selections are woeful, his interviews are just boring drivel and the players don't seem to respect him at all. 

No point in keeping him as manager when the atmosphere around the club has become this toxic.

15 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Agreed; lets be clear though Puel HAS to go with immediate effect.

Spend big on a proper DoF and ditch Rudkin, who lets face it is an over promoted youth team coach.

Dont think they will do the latter as the hierarchy do not know enough about football to know that decision needs to be made.

Poor poor choices in managers have been made, and I think they simply fluked getting it right with Claudio.

?

40 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Should we sing Rafa Benitez during wednesdays game? Get the ball rolling

If the club think benitez is the guy then they should throw money at him to get him in.  We have players on 100k pw being wasted coz of the manager we have.  The transfer money and the wage bill are just wasted if we have the wrong guy..

If they have ambition then the owners need to get a high quality manager who can takes us up a level

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

If the club think benitez is the guy then they should throw money at him to get him in.  We have players on 100k pw being wasted coz of the manager we have.  Tge transfer money and thecwage bill ate just wasted if we hsve the wrobg guy..

If they have ambition then the owners need to get a jigh quality manager who can takes us up a level

Yes we have scrapped by with the last two who were never the correct appointments and another of a similar ilk (if they do get rid of Puel) will see our luck run out.

Relegation will then beckon.

They really do need to ‘break the bank’ on a top manager. 

Improvements will then follow.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

5 hours ago, SportsNut1908 said:

Unai Emery would seem a smart choice. 

Had a chance at a ‘big’ job and unlikely to land one at that level again. Massive success whilst at Seville. Most importantly understands how to make a squad over achieve. 

Probably has a desire to ‘prove’ himself again. I’m guessing Premier League would float his boat. 

My $0.02

Good shout. 

Not sure whether anyone has mentioned this already but Puel's post-match Radio Leicester interview with Ian Stringer yesterday plumbed new depths of long-winded, poorly expressed, mind-numbing pidgin-English inanity. I nearly fell asleep at the wheel.

And this is the guy who is in charge of motivating the players to try to win football matches.

This is the fundamental problem as I see it. Whatever ideas and 'vision' he has for this club, he is utterly incapable of getting it across - either to the fans or the players.  

• Like 1

Still not convinced they will sack him until we’ve finished the season and have been embarrassed by Arsenal and Spurs. And as always we will be left spending the majority of the summer looking for a manager and not signing any players. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SportsNut1908 said:

Unai Emery would seem a smart choice. 

Had a chance at a ‘big’ job and unlikely to land one at that level again. Massive success whilst at Seville. Most importantly understands how to make a squad over achieve. 

Probably has a desire to ‘prove’ himself again. I’m guessing Premier League would float his boat. 

My $0.02

Absolutely no chance.

56 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Not sure whether anyone has mentioned this already but Puel's post-match Radio Leicester interview with Ian Stringer yesterday plumbed new depths of long-winded, poorly expressed, mind-numbing pidgin-English inanity. I nearly fell asleep at the wheel.

And this is the guy who is in charge of motivating the players to try to win football matches.

This is the fundamental problem as I see it. Whatever ideas and 'vision' he has for this club, he is utterly incapable of getting it across - either to the fans or the players.  

I’ve starting to enjoy the interviews more, simply by marvelling at how long he can waffle on for, without answering a single  fecking question! lol

42 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

Still not convinced they will sack him until we’ve finished the season and have been embarrassed by Arsenal and Spurs. And as always we will be left spending the majority of the summer looking for a manager and not signing any players. 

Last time we did that we won the league lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, evil jack said:

I’ve starting to enjoy the interviews more, simply by marvelling at how long he can waffle on for, without answering a single  fecking question! lol

maybe thats an age thing...or a sign hes just about lost all his marbles

though, dont forget he did say at half time of the home game against Southampton that it was a "perfect performance" kind of says it all about the man imo(reported by John Percy)

Is it inconsiderable to some of you that the players are as much to blame? not one has looked good recently at all and i'm not sure that is down to management or perhaps them being already on the beaches/ trying to not get injured before a world cup

2 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Is it inconsiderable to some of you that the players are as much to blame? not one has looked good recently at all and i'm not sure that is down to management or perhaps them being already on the beaches/ trying to not get injured before a world cup

I keep saying it and i'm yet to recieve an answer.

Who keeps picking these players? Who keeps playing players out of position? There aren't many options, but there are options.

Just now, evil jack said:

I think stringer is failing us.

He just has to say look you say this every week and many poeple cant believe that yoy ate talku g about the game they have just watched.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I think stringer is failing us.

He just has to say look you say this every week and many poeple cant believe that yoy ate talku g about the game they have just watched.

Yeah! lol though to be fair, last night he actually gave up & started asking the interpreter!