Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

As much as I love the owners I don't think they have a clue what to do here. When you have a turd like Rudkin in one ear and the rightly pissed off fans in the other and not to mention the players downing tools (considering we made most of them)....it must be a nightmare. 

You could turn Leicester City football club into a soap opera lol

Let’s not pretend just because we have players on £100k the squads there! and it’s just a case of getting the write manager. I’m not aware of a successful manager in the game that could do well with no right back! No number 10! And a squad full of past it players. The squad is shit atm and we need to accept that.  albrighton for example! He’s a very basic/workman like footballer. Simpson is crap and rightly been dropped. Okazaki is past it. Morgan is past it! Mahrez is a bench warmer at a bigger club and needs to go as much as he wants to go. Schmeichel since the title is over weight/poor distribution. Annoyingly stands all the way to the right or left on direct free kicks, and has Performed like a clown this season. Performing poorly in his prime due to losing hunger in the game but not for the fridge. We need to think bigger regarding the manager ie Benitez and signing players like moussa Dembele to partner Ndidi, pereira at right back, Rondon who has a cheap release clause for starters 

40 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I think stringer is failing us.

He just has to say look you say this every week and many poeple cant believe that yoy ate talku g about the game they have just watched.

he wouldn’t have a clue what he was asked if Stringer said that .........

if by some strange set of circumstances he survives the summer, he needs to learn a lot more eengleesh 

poch learned a lot more in two years than Claude seems to have done 

1 minute ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Seeing as the KP is pretty much a replica of St Mary's it literally must feel like reliving a year ago for Puel 

Just hope we don't continue the same downward spiral next season.

• Like 2

If Puel remains after the end of the season, it will be difficult to attract new players, which are evidently needed. Without a managerial change, we would (justifiably) be one of the favourites for relegation. I'm fairly certain we will see one; the lap of at the end to a nearly empty stadium sends a clear message to the owners who realise the importance of fans support

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, oxford blue said:

If Puel remains after the end of the season, it will be difficult to attract new players, which are evidently needed. Without a managerial change, we would (justifiably) be one of the favourites for relegation. I'm fairly certain we will see one; the lap of at the end to a nearly empty stadium sends a clear message to the owners who realise the importance of fans support

I'm certain he'll be gone by this time next week. I think the owners and players want to keep Appleton but putting him in charge of a disenfranchised, demotivate and depleted squad already on the beach for matches against Arsenal and Tottenham would be unfair on the guy. It will also give them an even better excuse to pull the trigger as soon as possible. 

• Like 1

On 05/05/2018 at 17:27, Md9 said:

I don't think they will sack him even if we lost the next 2 games 6-0. I reckon they will give him the summer transfer window and see how next season starts but that will not be a good idea. In previous seasons even when we have lost they have put some effort in. Just seems they are not arsed at the min so he needs to go.

No chance IMO.

They'll no more far better than the fans whats going on in the dressing room. Once you've lost the respect and faith of the dressing room you're a goner no matter who you are. My guess is Puel has gone past the point of no return and will be sacked a couple of days after the Tottenham match regardless what happens between now and then.

On 06/05/2018 at 08:02, SportsNut1908 said:

Unai Emery would seem a smart choice. 

Had a chance at a ‘big’ job and unlikely to land one at that level again. Massive success whilst at Seville. Most importantly understands how to make a squad over achieve. 

Probably has a desire to ‘prove’ himself again. I’m guessing Premier League would float his boat. 

My $0.02

Thought this myself actually.

Emery has done well wherever he's been and still only 46. He's no Ancelotti, etc where his name will be linked with every big job. He'd probably not want to jump at the chance of joining us but his next job may be a club at our level.

The real icing on the cake is if we could persuade his old mate Monchi to come here as DOF and top scout. :D

Just seen Puels presser, well as much as I could get through. The man genuinely thinks he is doing a good job, he is either tone deaf to not hear the boos or blind to not see the thousands running towards the exit on Saturday.

Edited by Sharpe's Fox

19 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Talking absolute shit about us on talksport r.e Puel. "They're 9th in the league, what's the problem!!?"

Were they saying the same about Southampton (under Puel) last season?

The problem is is that they genuinely haven't got a clue, because they don't care watching our matches or rating our team or individual performances.

The problem is is that we as a club are looking at finishing next season where Southampton are now, flirting with relegation.

6 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

The problem is is that they genuinely haven't got a clue, because they don't care watching our matches or rating our team or individual performances.

The problem is is that we as a club are looking at finishing next season where Southampton are now, flirting with relegation.

But what has happened to soton after they sacked him makes the average joe think that we are mad to be hounding him out. 

People don’t watch us - they just see the table and comment

Puel's got a bad reputation from his time at Southampton (although they did well...). Our team has a bad reputation from our second season with Ranieri. Neither is free of blame here, I reckon.

20 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I was a big fan of Puel up until the last few weeks. I'm starting to think that he has played a big part in where Southampton are now. 

On 06/05/2018 at 08:02, SportsNut1908 said:

Unai Emery would seem a smart choice. 

Had a chance at a ‘big’ job and unlikely to land one at that level again. Massive success whilst at Seville. Most importantly understands how to make a squad over achieve. 

Probably has a desire to ‘prove’ himself again. I’m guessing Premier League would float his boat. 

My $0.02

This would be phenomenal but incredibly unlikely, PSG are just like Real Madrid nowadays sacking managers for winning the League but not Europe. Would not be at all surprised if he ended up at Arsenal. 

42 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Talking absolute shit about us on talksport r.e Puel. "They're 9th in the league, what's the problem!!?"

Pisses me off. :@

condescending patronising morons that just because we aren’t one of their bum licked top 6 wankfest teams we can’t dream or have aspirations to play half decent football take a cup quarter final seriously and actually fight for 7th place and not give up with “survival” assured

people looking from the outside without knowing our club and being ignorant to the facts can fvck right off 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1