Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

16 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Isn’t it actually daft to?

Have people got nothing better to do than sit on a freezing cold Winter’s night and be utterly bored to tears? As you say, in this context ‘badge of honour’ equals ‘wtf?’

The club needs a bit of identity back. A bit of ooomph. We need to offload some of the utter crap we have bought over recent transfer windows and give the club some passion back. It’s gone so sterile.

Because we've done it for years? This might come as a shock but all of our managers have played boring football at some point. We didn't stop going when relegated to League One having scored 42 goals in 46 games, why would we throw a hissy fit right now?

And what if Puel goes early next season and the next man plays better football? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

Because we've done it for years? This might come as a shock but all of our managers have played boring football at some point. We didn't stop going when relegated to League One having scored 42 goals in 46 games, why would we throw a hissy fit right now?

No problem to me. If you choose to freeze your nuts off whilst watching us have one shot on target, at home, then applauding your heroes off the field at the end, that’s your prerogative.

I’ll be sat at home in front of my log burner doing something else. I’ll even give you my badge of honour. For free. You can have it. Or at least after Babylon has used it first.

:D

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Corky said:

He said he's not been down all season... literally jacked it all in one season after we won the league. If your heart isn't in it any more, it's not. No problem with people just jacking it in, but acting like he's some sort of ****ing martyr taking a stand about things. Sigh.

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The sort of fan who ditches their support of the team after half a season of iffy football we can do without. Like all the morons who reckoned they would ditch them because they didn't like Pearson, and we'd had bad some really bad patches when he returned. If they were true to their word, they missed promotion and then the great escape. 

If it was season after season after season of absolute shit, then I get it. But what, half a dozen games or so? Screams of a bunch of drama queens making internet statements. 

Think you're argument is way too simplistic and has very little factual basis to be honest. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Ever heard the phrase rough with the smooth. If you can't be arsed you can't be arsed, no problem with that. But nobody has a sodding crystal ball, you think I was looking forward to a season with Ranieri in charge after a manager I really liked got sacked. I thought we were in for a torrid time, imagine if we'd all chucked it in then and not been around to see us win the league. 

We sign up knowing very well that it could be shit, it could be great or it could be... meh. But we do so because every now and again, this club manages to pull something truly incredible out of the bag and I'd hate to miss it. 

and, well, it's our club. 

Every football club has it's highs and lows. You should support your club through thick and thin. 

And most of all, certainly shouldn't be looked down upon like Col is doing because fans sit through the shite times as well!

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The sort of fan who ditches their support of the team after half a season of iffy football we can do without. Like all the morons who reckoned they would ditch them because they didn't like Pearson, and we'd had bad some really bad patches when he returned. If they were true to their word, they missed promotion and then the great escape. 

If it was season after season after season of absolute shit, then I get it. But what, half a dozen games or so? Screams of a bunch of drama queens making internet statements. 

They aren't ditching their support though, just not buying a season ticket, which is a fair bit of money to spend and if the football is going to be of a quality that makes watching paint dry exciting, then it is their choice if they want to commit to spending money to sit and be bored to tears.

I'd say there are a fair few on this site who do not shell out season after season but it does not make them any less a supporter.

Their money, their choice.

Just now, TrentFox said:

This thread has gone mad ! What’s happened ? Anything concrete? Please tell

ne he isn’t about to be sacked according to itk’s??? 

No one knows, think most people think he is staying now although i cant remember who it was i think @Albertsaid a couple of weeks ago he thinks he has no future but time will tell i guess. 

• Thanks 1

Has Babs got special magic powers that make his posts just disappear or am I going mad? :blink:

Could swear he posted a ‘loud noises’ meme and a response that said ‘K’ and they’ve both vanished. 

How do you do that? 

Just now, Izzy Muzzett said:

Has Babs got special magic powers that make his posts just disappear or am I going mad? :blink:

Could swear he posted a ‘loud noises’ meme and a response that said ‘K’ and they’ve both vanished. 

How do you do that? 

Alternate timelines

8 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

How do you do that? 

yeah the post I quoted has also gone....

11 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

They aren't ditching their support though, just not buying a season ticket, which is a fair bit of money to spend and if the football is going to be of a quality that makes watching paint dry exciting, then it is their choice if they want to commit to spending money to sit and be bored to tears.

I'd say there are a fair few on this site who do not shell out season after season but it does not make them any less a supporter.

Their money, their choice.

Support. verb. "give assistance to, especially financially.". What assistance are they giving?

Just now, Richie_Wellens_Cat said:

Support. verb. "give assistance to, especially financially.". What assistance are they giving?

So let me get this straight, if you do not have a season ticket, you are not a supporter, are you slow or a troll?

11 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

How do you do that? 

Buyers Remorse.

Just now, ithuriel said:

So let me get this straight, if you do not have a season ticket, you are not a supporter, are you slow or a troll?

not saying they're not a supporter, but if they choose not to buy a ST based on half a season, and not through financial reasons, are they less of a supporter than someone who is willing to sit through any manager, any players, any style of football?

16 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Alternate timelines

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

yeah the post I quoted has also gone....

4 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Buyers Remorse.

There's a mod loose aboot this hoose!

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

not saying they're not a supporter, but if they choose not to buy a ST based on half a season, and not through financial reasons, are they less of a supporter than someone who is willing to sit through any manager, any players, any style of football?

They are a financially savvy supporter:P

As I've already said, their money, their choice and finances always comes into it otherwise they would just buy regardless and attend the odd glamour match.

I've known a guy who missed the title winning season due to not renewing because he thought we'd be relegated, you takes your chances :)

5 minutes ago, Vardyyyyyy said:

needs to go we don't suit his playing style and in the summer were gonna have to spend about 250M pounds.

TIME TO GO!

Build on our excellent record of spending big money. Ace, can't wait.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

No problem to me. If you choose to freeze your nuts off whilst watching us have one shot on target, at home, then applauding your heroes off the field at the end, that’s your prerogative.

I’ll be sat at home in front of my log burner doing something else. I’ll even give you my badge of honour. For free. You can have it. Or at least after Babylon has used it first.

:D

That’s exactly how I feel. 

Life is far too short.

If it can’t keep the interest and entertain wtf am I doing wasting my own time and money.

If Puel stays I go; I understand there are suckers to take my place and they will be welcome to it.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader