Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

2 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

He said plenty. Just not in words. I’m upset because nobody can succeed if the window for success is half a season and no proper  transfer window. 

Come on Trent, tell us what was said ?

He's still here so I'm backing him as the new messiah.

I never went to Filbert Street expecting to be entertained, I just hoped we'd win.

We've been a bit spoilt.

I'm happy sitting pretty in the Premier league and hope he can improve the squad and keep them motivated.

• Like 1

No. Sorry. Going to remain cryptic, but we’re talking very overt dacial and body language stuff. As I said, it’s been on my mind all day. I’d live to know where our ITK’s are at in their reading of this. But everything about this interaction said days numbered. I’d be in the know? Who knows how the pro grapevine works. But if I was a gambler - I’m not, as roulette doesn’t count ? - I know where I’d be lumping. 

36 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

He said plenty. Just not in words. I’m upset because nobody can succeed if the window for success is half a season and no proper  transfer window. 

Did he wink? Cut throat gesture? Interpretive dance?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

No. Sorry. Going to remain cryptic, but we’re talking very overt dacial and body language stuff. As I said, it’s been on my mind all day. I’d live to know where our ITK’s are at in their reading of this. But everything about this interaction said days numbered. I’d be in the know? Who knows how the pro grapevine works. But if I was a gambler - I’m not, as roulette doesn’t count ? - I know where I’d be lumping. 

I think the club are trying to get someone better in.

They did the same last summer and failed.

Puel will remain unless they can get someone better in and he knows this as well as it was made clear to him that his days were numbered.

Not a good scenario if they don't get anyone better in. For anyone. Theyll be transfer requests for some big players.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

Puel will remain unless they can get someone better in and he knows this as well as it was made clear to him that his days were numbered.

Not a good scenario if they don't get anyone better in. For anyone. Theyll be transfer requests for some big players.

That kind of ties in. But it breaks my heart. No particular affection for Puel, I just don’t think short-termism is the way to go. ☹️

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

So if Puel remains then some players will want out? 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Danny Simpson.

ITK? I don't class him as a 'big player', although I don't see him putting in a transfer request either. He may hate Puel, but it's his last year on a juicy contract.

22 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

My take too. If we see silva or Benitez going to West Ham  then we know we have a big problem. 

1 hour ago, TrentFox said:

So you were given a cryptic message and you’re giving it to us in a cryptic manner. 

Crikey! 

• Haha 1

Just now, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

Why would Danny Simpson care about the manager? Won’t get a look in when Pereira’s here anyway. 

Because him and his mate Wes won’t be getting a game next season. 

Pulis told Trent Fox at the train station using a wink and nod combo.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

Why would Danny Simpson care about the manager? Won’t get a look in when Pereira’s here anyway. 

hence wanting to leave.

he didn't like being dropped earlier this season. 

Can’t see him leaving now when we’re signings players.

imagine we sign a player tomorrow, sack Puel the next day a new manager comes in and doesn’t rate the next player at all and he doesn’t suit his system.

the players we’re close to signing as well fit into Puels style and players he wants. 

So it just wouldnt make sense to sack him after we make signings 

1 minute ago, LCFC FOX said:

imagine we sign a player tomorrow, sack Puel the next day a new manager comes in and doesn’t rate the next player at all and he doesn’t suit his system.

the players we’re close to signing as well fit into Puels style and players he wants. 

We'd just signed Fuchs when big Nige got the boot!!  Means nothing.

Just now, LCFC FOX said:

Pearson was there when we signed fuchs then within a week he was sacked. 

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Surely there's  a cut off point , after which we're  stuck with him for better or for .worse