Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

It is Thursday already and there has been no new Puel 'In or Out' poll thus far this week. Surely we have to get to a 'Maynard' on this thread??

No way are we sacking Puel now, I just can't see it happening as I believe it would have been done already. So much for listening to the fans eh? Not a recommended way of running a football club in my opinion but never mind. Being as he's here next season I am willing to wipe the slate clean and at least get behind the bloke, reluctantly. Hope he proves me wrong but I think this will end badly. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

No way are we sacking Puel now, I just can't see it happening as I believe it would have been done already. So much for listening to the fans eh? Not a recommended way of running a football club in my opinion but never mind. Being as he's here next season I am willing to wipe the slate clean and at least get behind the bloke, reluctantly. Hope he proves me wrong but I think this will end badly. 

Listening to the fans doesn’t mean doing whatever they want. Also, Puel in is ahead of Puel out in the most recent poll on here, unless you have another poll in mind?

4 minutes ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

Listening to the fans doesn’t mean doing whatever they want. Also, Puel in is ahead of Puel out in the most recent poll on here, unless you have another poll in mind?

Nothing to do with any poll, its to do with my personal opinion and the fact that the fans walked out on the team doing a lap of honour. I also never said the owners should do every single thing the fans want like you interpreted it, but a couple of weeks ago a vast majority of fans wanted Puel sacked and were very vocal about this over a significant period of time. I just don't think it is best for business when you are not giving in to a vast majority of your customers.

We were told by some of the more respected ITK's on here that he would be off post season. if that doesn't turn out to be the case then I would imagine it has more to do with his intended replacement not being available to us than a change of heart by the owners. 

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We were told by some of the more respected ITK's on here that he would be off post season. if that doesn't turn out to be the case then I would imagine it has more to do with his intended replacement not being available to us than a change of heart by the owners. 

The only real ITK (me), stated he is here for the long run

1 hour ago, 4everfox said:

Not sure there was a clamour from the fans to sack him?  Not a majority anyway?

@Donut some numpty has closed the disscion as I was replying to your last response.... I can't retrieve it now so bollox to it

Basically nice one but Shakey was 10 game span W3 D3 L4 5 of those games where against Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool x2 draws at newly promoted Huddersfield and away at Bournemouth not to shoddy or dissimilar to what Puel has managed to achieve.

it was more detailed than that but can't be arsed to think and write it all out again

1 hour ago, 4everfox said:

Nothing to do with any poll, its to do with my personal opinion and the fact that the fans walked out on the team doing a lap of honour. I also never said the owners should do every single thing the fans want like you interpreted it, but a couple of weeks ago a vast majority of fans wanted Puel sacked and were very vocal about this over a significant period of time. I just don't think it is best for business when you are not giving in to a vast majority of your customers.

Good job the Chairmen didn’t give in to the vast majority of customers after Sheffield United at home under O’Neill and Barnsley away under Pearson. We’d never have had our most successful times in recent years. 

Pretty clear he's staying - there'd be no reason to keep him on past Sunday otherwise, because at this point it's on the owners and it would be a bad move to not sack immediately if that's the direction they wanted to go. You could argue they don't have a better candidate available, but frankly I think they recognize the club's issues are deeper than the manager and he deserves a shot to clean house and build a system. 

What I like about Puel is two things - first he prioritizes youth, which is how Leicester can eventually climb into the top 6 perennially, with a group who develop together a la Tottenham. The mercenary approach by the Oil Clubs and Man U isn't going to work here, we can't compete on spending/prestige like that and you don't want to be 1-2 bad signings away from relegation. The second thing is that he's loyal - a one club man as a player, I could see him being the one to make Leicester his club, the way Wenger or Poch have with their respective clubs. Continuity is a very underrated virtue here on Foxtalk - visions take time to execute. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Puel will build a top 6 Leicester side. As I’ve said many a time, if given the chance. Consistent challenger for top 6 and occasional chase for top 4.

How can he build a top 6 place, when he can’t even build a sentence in English 

Well, I had a weird morning this morning. I need to be extremely careful how I word this. But I stepped off my train into  kings cross and bumped into a leading championship manager getting off the Same train. Whilst we haven’t worked together directly, my company has worked with him in the past. I recognised him and introduced myself as leader of that company. That was good for my ego, as he remembered our work with him fondly. We spoke football. Obviously. He asked who I support and I quickly summarised Lcfc and Puel and the need to overhaul the squad, yet having a manager who is supposedly on the edge of being fired. His reaction has troubled me all day. He was far to professional and astute to blurt to a stranger. But if I had to wager, I’d say he felt Puel’s days were numbered. I was genuinely shocked by how clear it was. I’ve no idea if he knows anything. I’ve no idea what the itks on here are currently saying. But it has ruined my day. I genuinely thought we’d seen sense and were giving CP the time that is necessary. I honestly think I’ll cry if he is sacked. No great affection for him, particularly, but this culture of instant gratification is a road to ruin. We’ll see. Needed to share that. Sorry. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Well, I had a weird morning this morning. I need to be extremely careful how I word this. But I stepped off my train into  kings cross and bumped into a leading championship manager getting off the Same train. Whilst we haven’t worked together directly, my company has worked with him in the past. I recognised him and introduced myself as leader of that company. That was good for my ego, as he remembered our work with him fondly. We spoke football. Obviously. He asked who I support and I quickly summarised Lcfc and Puel and the need to overhaul the squad, yet having a manager who is supposedly on the edge of being fired. His reaction has troubled me all day. He was far to professional and astute to blurt to a stranger. But if I had to wager, I’d say he felt Puel’s days were numbered. I was genuinely shocked by how clear it was. I’ve no idea if he knows anything. I’ve no idea what the itks on here are currently saying. But it has ruined my day. I genuinely thought we’d seen sense and were giving CP the time that is necessary. I honestly think I’ll cry if he is sacked. No great affection for him, particularly, but this culture of instant gratification is a road to ruin. We’ll see. Needed to share that. Sorry. 

You are upset that Puel will be sacked because another manager didn’t tell you anything?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

You are upset that Puel will be sacked because another manager didn’t tell you anything?

He said plenty. Just not in words. I’m upset because nobody can succeed if the window for success is half a season and no proper  transfer window.