Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

4 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Its not from the media. An ITK claimed that Vardy backs Puel.

Also, he's scored over 20 goals this season, mostly under Puel.  And I dont think he'd be blaming Puel for lack of service anyway

Not convinced, he scored 20 goals because of the quality of his finishing. He has had limited service, due to the negative style of play implemented by Puel in my opinion 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I want Puel to go but to say you'll go if he doesn't cannot come from a supporter

I have been a Fox for over 60years and am well used to the ups and downs

However I do think the hierarchy are on their last chance to progress the club from the league winning position

With positive and supportive owners the club should be on a much firmer base and direction 

Unfortunately Jon Rudkin and co have shown to be inept naive and have wasted an awful lot of money

I think it's vital to get it right

Puel is not the right fit he doesn't need more time he's had long enough ro show that his " plan " is not flexible or playing to the teams considerable strengths and weaknesses

Blaming the players is easy but futile

A good manager motivates, has tactical acumen and good communication skills! 

The board must learn,stop congratulating themselves and use the summer to genuinely move this great club forward

• Like 2

15 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

Knowing leicester there will be some sort of clause where if we wait until a later date we will not have to pay as much compo

New plan from Rudkin. Let everyone else sack and re employ the managers.

Then we jump in with no competition to get our number one out of work target on the cheap.

Could save the club millions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fairbanksh said:

I want Puel to go but to say you'll go if he doesn't cannot come from a supporter

I have been a Fox for over 60years and am well used to the ups and downs

However I do think the hierarchy are on their last chance to progress the club from the league winning position

With positive and supportive owners the club should be on a much firmer base and direction 

Unfortunately Jon Rudkin and co have shown to be inept naive and have wasted an awful lot of money

I think it's vital to get it right

Puel is not the right fit he doesn't need more time he's had long enough ro show that his " plan " is not flexible or playing to the teams considerable strengths and weaknesses

Blaming the players is easy but futile

A good manager motivates, has tactical acumen and good communication skills! 

The board must learn,stop congratulating themselves and use the summer to genuinely move this great club forward

Oh it can trust me, how many do you think would vanish if we went down. Some people are only interested in parting with time and money if the chances or a entertainment are more likely than not. 

6 minutes ago, sylofox said:

So all the years I put in from Wallace to the end of Taylor count for feck all do they. Home and away every game.

Now I live 130 miles away and work does not permit me to have a ST or get ticket most games I'm a nobody.  lol lol 

Pfft, call yourself a supporter.  Stop to tell bullshit!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

What about if he watches every single game on TV? Does that make him a supporter?  He's dedicating time to it. Or if he gets to one or two games a year?

You can't simply class it by if he is in the stadium 19 times a year. 

I agree and there is also the fact of spending £50 a time for the shirt. Surely that is supporting? 

20 minutes ago, Richie_Wellens_Cat said:

Perhaps you didn't read it properly. I said you'd be a (casual) fan, not a nobody. Most definitions of support involve giving something in return, whether it's time, or money, or vocal support.

If, for whatever reason, whether it's by choice or circumstance. You're sat at home watching Eastenders, rather than actually being interested in the team or the game that's playing. I personally wouldn't class that as a supporter, more a casual fan.

Why do people always want to categorises supporters/fan, always seems like someone is always trying to make out they are a better fan because than went to x or y or spent z and as a result their opinion mean more or is better.

Just because I am a Season ticket holder, doesn't mean I'm a better supporter/fan than Sid who 90 and  just reads the match report in the paper or listens to the game on the radio.

Hey, I get the wife to wear a City shirt to bed every night and she has LCFC vajazzle, does that make me a better supporter/fan?

Edited by coolhandfox

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Hey, I get the wife to wear a City shirt to bed every night and she has LCFC vajazzle, does that make me a better supporter/fan?

Wow thats pushing it a bit far.

So when you making love is it one player in particular you see? Or do you just do MOTM lol lol lol lol 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Why do people always want to categorises supporters/fan, always seems like someone is always trying to make out they are a better fan because than went to x or y or spent z and as a result their opinion mean more or is better.

First and foremost at no point have I stated anyone is "better" than anyone else. But can you seriously not see that of course there are differences in types of category of follower. From your casual fan, to your follow them home and away religiously type. I'll state it again, doesn't make anyone better than anyone else. My point was, as I said in my first post, was that there are distinctions between them.

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Haha, anyone but Puel......................

If you do the retro shirt thing please tell me you've never done the Birch.

Oh word of advice. May not be a smart move to admit big Wasa was once one lol lol lol 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Has Babs got special magic powers that make his posts just disappear or am I going mad? :blink:

Could swear he posted a ‘loud noises’ meme and a response that said ‘K’ and they’ve both vanished. 

How do you do that? 

Alas no magic powers... just a ban and deleted posts. :D

• Haha 1

Not wanting to be that person but if you really want to call someone casual it should be supporter as fan is short for fanatical and by definition can not be casual.

You could I would say be a fan of the club but not supportive of the manager/owner/players at the same time.

13 hours ago, FantasticMrFox&Son said:

With respect to all the Puel haters, BUT just remind yourselves of the last 20 years !!!

Are you serious, top-half finish in the Premier league, with the top 6 places already spoken for.

Get a grip. it's not the manager but the OLD GUARD that have let us down.

I'm Puel In but we can't compare this team to the 90s and early 2000s teams.  This current City side have much more talent and hence people expect more. Guys like Vardy, Mahrez and Maguire are one of the best in the league.

Edited by Koke

14 hours ago, FantasticMrFox&Son said:

With respect to all the Puel haters, BUT just remind yourselves of the last 20 years !!!

Are you serious, top-half finish in the Premier league, with the top 6 places already spoken for.

And we are heading back to them times if puel starts the beginning of the season PUEL OUT! yes great choice keep puel and get rid of Vardy ?

14 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If Puel did go, I'd be interested to see what the reactions on here would be if we went down the Arsenal route of getting an Arteta type character with zero experience.

If we can’t get Rafa  I say we keep Puel! As I can’t see much better being about especially after all these sacking’s already! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FantasticMrFox&Son said:

I don't think you can compare know to the last 20 year, the club was financially all over the place for a good 10  years post the Peter Taylor era and was one of the weaker clubs in terms of financial power during the O'Neill era. 

The club is know in the 6-8 in terms of financial power in the PL and in the top 20 in Europe (According to Deloitte), so for me finishing in the top half isn't a massive achievement.

The club has under performed on the field, (with the exception the the Champions League campaign) and in the transfer market during the last two years. If the club had handle its self better in the market, they wouldn't have to rely on the old guard, and let be honest without two of the old guard Vardy and ,Mahrez we would have been looking at the bottom three.

I don't hate Puel, do I hold him responsible, in part yes, do I hold the playing staff responsible, in part yes. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If Puel did go, I'd be interested to see what the reactions on here would be if we went down the Arsenal route of getting an Arteta type character with zero experience.

I think the Arsenal story this week is a salutary one for us. Every time I switch on the wireless another contender has ruled himself out. The same happened with us when Ranieri and Shakespeare were dismissed and it will happen again if we dismiss Puel. Within 12 hours over half the names on the “who do you want” thread will have ruled themselves out. Well, maybe except Mr Tumble?

I think we can only consider dismissing him if we have a serious elite manager lined up. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Just because I am a Season ticket holder, doesn't mean I'm a better supporter/fan than Sid who 90 and  just reads the match report in the paper or listens to the game on the radio.

I suppose you make it last by thinking of a nil nil draw with Everton.....

15 hours ago, FantasticMrFox&Son said:

The board wants us to compete for top 6, so if that's where we're hoping to go we should plan accordingly, rather just being glad that we're not in League 1 any more. I certainly wouldn't discount the occasional season when a seventh team pipped one of the Big 6 to 6th, but it will only happen if we look up rather than down.

That doesn't mean to say we have to throw a strop if we finish 9th, of course. Over the course of the season we did fine this year, considering the circumstances (beginning to restructure the squad, the exit of Drinkwater, the Silva fiasco, the Mahrez fiasco, change of boss etc. etc.).

The questions surrounding Puel are about whether he's getting across how it is that he wants us to play. It's easy to believe, hearing his English level, that he might have a communication issue. He's made changes before he has the personnel to implement those changes and as a result our form slumped in the second half of the season.

It's recoverable (the final two games were a good sign) but fans know what happened when we suffered a second-half-of-the-season slump in 1977, before my time, and 2001. Fans of other clubs would have their examples too. It won't necessarily happen, but we have to be careful if we're to embark on an expensive long-term project.

As for the 'old guard', the evidence is:

(i) We played badly for a prolonged period of time, which every mid-table side does and which can't always be attributed to a rebellion.

(ii) Players were accused of betraying Ranieri a year ago, though Ranieri said this wasn't true himself and so did a lot of inside sources. The likelihood is he paid for a combination of the title hangover and his own errors. Nobody can seriously say anyone betrayed either his predecessor or his successor.

(iii) Rumours of 'player power' again this year. But all reliable sources (e.g. Percy) stated that the problem players were specifically not the 'old guard'.

So by all means give the new manager a fair crack of the whip, but not if the price is demonising the most legendary players in our history without proper justification. Move them on - yes, okay, they're getting older now - but don't join in with the ill-informed pundits whose agenda is largely to make the fairy-tale a more interesting fairy-tale by throwing in a few traitors and villains.

• Like 3

Think Puel is staying. 

Imagine the owners have had their faith dented this season, but he will be given the summer and 10-15 games of next season. 

Be useful if they came out and backed him again though, as there is still doubt out there that probably isn't helping.