Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

41 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Pearson was there when we signed fuchs then within a week he was sacked. 

Wasn’t due to footballing reasons though and that’s why pearson had already started making signings.

If we’re going after puels targets and close to signing them that gives me the impression he’ll be the manager next season. Else it just wouldn’t make sense to sign people now.

• Like 3

Who knows what will happen The owners are probably doing there due diligence, but hope to God they stump up the money You know the likes of Everton will pay big money for Rafa hope we also will show Ambition.

39 minutes ago, Albert said:

Regardless of early signings i’ll be shocked if he’s still here by the time preseason starts. 

Why? You think with a strained preseason (multiple players will be joining it late thanks to the WC) a coaching change would be beneficial?

2 hours ago, knitro said:

Everyone likes to act in the know and pass along cryptic nonsense from murky sources.

The fact is there's a very real chance that absolutely none of the Puel out crowd has their finger on the pulse of what the Thai's actually think. We're sitting here with people convinced it's a matter of days or hours til the ax falls while in house they could be 100% on his side, recognizing a team in transition that had Mahrez throwing a mid-season tantrum at peak form and believing in his vision forward. I don't know, you don't know - some mystery train passenger doesn't know. 

What I do know is that rooting for Puel to fail is hallmark of shortsighted fans, and how we will end up relegated if you believe bandaid after bandaid is the solution and way forward. Patience is required here and I think at least the owner's get that. 

I don't know, I'll admit but more than half the performances since he's been here allows me an educated guess that he's heading for failure.

I'm not rooting for him to fail, if he succeeds my team succeeds. I've no wish to see the club waste money on paying managers off. I just think under him we've regressed and there's nothing to suggest we'll improve under his management.

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I don't know, I'll admit but more than half the performances since he's been here allows me an educated guess that he's heading for failure.

I'm not rooting for him to fail, if he succeeds my team succeeds. I've no wish to see the club waste money on paying managers off. I just think under him we've regressed and there's nothing to suggest we'll improve under his management.

I think this fair - for me the offensive outputs the final two games as well as earlier games in his tenure like Everton give me a glimpse of what he's trying to do. I think growing pains should be anticipated, and it's clear we still have players getting minutes who are past their best (right side of the defense comes to mind). I imagine there's a balancing act with regards to the locker room when you can't offload players, I mean he did send quite a few potential malcontents out on loan (Ulloa & Slimani) which probably helped open the door for Nacho's end of the season uptick, but it's probably a multi-window fix to get our squad to the level required. I'm curious what sort of assurances Dragovich was or was not given. I think in some ways the separated shoulder was a blessing as far as selection dilemmas for Puel. 

Now where I agree with the detractors, we do need to find ways to turn possession into chances against lesser teams - drawing with Stoke, Swansea, Bournemouth and Southhampton just isn't good enough. My optimistic take is with a more able midfield (Iborra/Ndidi/Hamza are not offensive threats) and a new RB who can be positive (which frees Riyad, or whoever replaces him) we'll the required uptick in chances to convert these games into wins. I think we've only seen flashes but Nacho & Vardy may work well together. Couple this with an improved defense (really want Mawson too), and I think that's a damn good side. 

• Like 2

Worrying stuff from the ITK's really. I expect we'll be knocked back and he'll still be here, effectively doing what they did 12 months ago and no doubt it'll lead to him going around October time again. Can see this becoming a theme for us.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, knitro said:

Why? You think with a strained preseason (multiple players will be joining it late thanks to the WC) a coaching change would be beneficial?

That depends who a new coach would be. Change for changes sake is not a good idea but if we can get a top proven guy  then I don’t see the problem. If we can’t  then we stick and puel has the motivation to prove those people wrong who doubt him. 

If he's going to go, it'll be this week.  It would be stupid (even by our standards) to get him out after that.  We are too close to the world cup and there recruiting the next guy will be a tricky task with potential candidates also being tapped up for the Everton and West Ham jobs.

We haven't had a normal pre-season for ages, and now, more than ever, we need one.

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

For every West Ham and Palace at home there were Southampton and Newcastle away. I've seen enough games were our attacking flair and production was simply outstanding. This squad need surgery. Too many players who are well past their best are getting minutes. 

If you blame Puel for the dire performances then you must give credit for the sublime ones. A few of the Puel Out crowd are trying to credit the players for the Arsenal and Sours attacking displays. 

If we sign the right players, like Peirera, then we are moving in the right direction.

Lastly, I do laugh at people who want Puel out because of negative and boring football then want Rafa in.

I want Rafa because he is a more competent manager and is a step up on Puel.

17 minutes ago, Koke said:

For every West Ham and Palace at home there were Southampton and Newcastle away. I've seen enough games were our attacking flair and production was simply outstanding. This squad need surgery. Too many players who are well past their best are getting minutes. 

If you blame Puel for the dire performances then you must give credit for the sublime ones. A few of the Puel Out crowd are trying to credit the players for the Arsenal and Spurs attacking displays. 

If we sign the right players, like Peirera, then we are moving in the right direction.

Lastly, I do laugh at people who want Puel out because of negative and boring football then want Rafa in.

Rafa sets up a tactical team for each opponent, that he thinks is best equiped to win... he’s won enough in his career to prove that. I can’t believe that after the months of dross from Puel people want to keep him... 

9 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

So he does want us to play like that! 

“It is not to always just to play play behind and square, and without reason. It is important to have a good intensity in our game.”

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-manager-claude-puel-1576860

Haha, I don't think thats what he means

8 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Who knows what will happen The owners are probably doing there due diligence, but hope to God they stump up the money You know the likes of Everton will pay big money for Rafa hope we also will show Ambition.

Rafa is a massive Liverpool fan. He won’t go there

9 hours ago, john ridley said:

Surely there's  a cut off point , after which we're  stuck with him for better or for .worse 

..for richer or for poorer 

in sickness and in health 

to love and to cherish 

Til death us do part? 

13 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Rafa sets up a tactical team for each opponent, that he thinks is best equiped to win... he’s won enough in his career to prove that. I can’t believe that after the months of dross from Puel people want to keep him... 

I can't believe people are still talking about Benitez.  He won't come here

• Like 1

8 hours ago, knitro said:

I think this fair - for me the offensive outputs the final two games as well as earlier games in his tenure like Everton give me a glimpse of what he's trying to do. I think growing pains should be anticipated, and it's clear we still have players getting minutes who are past their best (right side of the defense comes to mind). I imagine there's a balancing act with regards to the locker room when you can't offload players, I mean he did send quite a few potential malcontents out on loan (Ulloa & Slimani) which probably helped open the door for Nacho's end of the season uptick, but it's probably a multi-window fix to get our squad to the level required. I'm curious what sort of assurances Dragovich was or was not given. I think in some ways the separated shoulder was a blessing as far as selection dilemmas for Puel. 

Now where I agree with the detractors, we do need to find ways to turn possession into chances against lesser teams - drawing with Stoke, Swansea, Bournemouth and Southhampton just isn't good enough. My optimistic take is with a more able midfield (Iborra/Ndidi/Hamza are not offensive threats) and a new RB who can be positive (which frees Riyad, or whoever replaces him) we'll the required uptick in chances to convert these games into wins. I think we've only seen flashes but Nacho & Vardy may work well together. Couple this with an improved defense (really want Mawson too), and I think that's a damn good side. 

That’s putting it nicely.

To me, what he „did“ (or rather didn‘t do, as opposed to most matches in between mid-December and May) was reverting back to a style most of our players were able to prosper under/used to, a more fast-paced attacking style, relying on our strengths on the counter.

Just look at the possession stats.

He was forced to change it - the football on show had become untenable, the feedback from players and fans highly critical.

Puel is of the stubborn kind, and it showed. He tried to implement a style without the personnel required, and made some dubious in-game decision with regards to players playing out of position, when more apt players were available, same goes for some of his substitutions, aso.

His reactions after beating Arsenal were very telling, but to be fair, he always looks miserable on the touchline. :D

1 hour ago, Koke said:

If you blame Puel for the dire performances then you must give credit for the sublime ones. A few of the Puel Out crowd are trying to credit the players for the Arsenal and Spurs attacking displays. 

That is not true though is it. There were the odd excellent attacking performance (Everton at home, Southampton away, Newcastle away) but there were a hell of a lot more abject, slow, poor performances (Swansea home, Bournemouth home, West Ham home, Southampton home, Palace at home, Everton away...I could go on and on).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

He doesn't need to speak good English. He speaks the language of football.

I'll get me coat.

Nor could Sir Alec but he did OK.