Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Stadium Expansion - at last !

4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Not sure why the clappers is a funny suggestion?

Me neither they are just the modern day equivalent of the wooden rattle that was very popular before being banned 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Implying we'll be one of the first to get safe standing.

Exactly this. Even when safe standing passes the club will be one of the last in the country to introduce it in the ground

8 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

If we move to an out of town location that will be it for me.

We already at about 60% of being faceless vehicle for owner brand FC. I think a stadium in the arse end of nowhere would really finish it off. 

• Like 2

Guest Markyblue
36 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

We already at about 60% of being faceless vehicle for owner brand FC. I think a stadium in the arse end of nowhere would really finish it off. 

We're not moving.!

15 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Not sure why the clappers is a funny suggestion? I get there's some weird snobbery around people who want a good atmosphere but complain about if it's not done in a cool way (i.e. one that's focused at 18-30 year old lads), but it did help get people who normally wouldn't make some noise...

Hardly a long-term commitment to atmosphere is it? Nobody uses them now. 

5 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Perhaps the attitude of some on here has more to do with that.

They helped us stay up and win the league. Our owners have spent thousands on them.

I bet the players would rather hear the clappers than feck all.

They should put them by the turnstiles so those that want them pick them up those that don't they can ignore them. After a while they'll see how many they really need. The cost may go up as the numbers drop but then they wont have the labour cost of sticking one in every seat there'd almost certainly have less to pick up after we've all gone home as well.

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

They should put them by the turnstiles so those that want them pick them up those that don't they can ignore them. After a while they'll see how many they really need. The cost may go up as the numbers drop but then they wont have the labour cost of sticking one in every seat there'd almost certainly have less to pick up after we've all gone home as well.

Fair point. But mine was much more don't moan or complain they add to the atmosphere. I don't like every song we sing. I just don't join in i don't moan and bitch.

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Fair point. But mine was much more don't moan or complain they add to the atmosphere. I don't like every song we sing. I just don't join in i don't moan and bitch.

I'm definitely for them although I don't use them I find my hands do the same job but there's plenty around me that join in making a noise and even siniging but never did before.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Very easy to say that but what have they actually done to help it develop? And don't make me laugh by saying clappers.

Er,got us promoted and won the league,that improved the atmosphere a bit.

5 hours ago, davieG said:

Has been discussed but apparently stewards are not allowed to over see this so it means having to staff the collection bins as the club know what will happen. Some **** will walk up and take the whole box.

Other suggestions are. Family stand only. Or when they set up the fan zone. Collect from there as that will be staffed accordingly. 

But as it stands it's actually more cost effective to have staff place them in seats in down time during the week. The team responsible are busy on matchdays.

Believe it or not they are also looking at the make up and width of them. They are adamant that the coating now on them and the folds and width are all reasons why they are less effective.

They aren't going anywhere soon. But they accept it's now about 50/50 on for and against.

On 11/06/2018 at 09:11, Rob1742 said:

It’s a red herring I reckon.

How much are we spending on the training ground?

Then we spend a fraction of that on a stand?

New stadium within 5 years, 50,000 seater, best in the Midlands. Best of everything, best, best, best.

These boys aren’t any 10,000 seater add on types, especially after spending on a training ground to make it one of the best in the UK.

They will be looking at Spurs and thinking “we are going to add a 10,000 seater stand”

Not a chance.

They will be keeping their powder dry, seeing how the next couple of years go and if they can pocket £200m over that time, then you will see something unreal. One of the best grounds, with the best hotel, fans village, retail store, the absolute lot.

This is a different era, just look at what they have done, the risks they have taken and the image they want to portray. 

Provided we maintain our status and progress, you will see them take us to the next level in every aspect of ground development.

MK Dons have a better set up than us in league 2. Our owners want us to be up there with the elite, 10,000 seat stand won’t fit comfortably with them, the thought will irritate them.

Its like them deciding to buy a second hand helicopter. It just won’t happen. It’s about progress and image with them. 

Top 6, Cup win and best stadium and training ground in the midlands will be on their agenda. They are billionaires, they think differently to you and I. 

They won’t say anything just incase we get relegated and it goes pear shaped. But if we don’t, there is no chance these boys will just tootle along with the same old stuff.

It will be irritating them like hell that other clubs have better facilities than us, and I am pretty sure that they will have plans to put it right and I am certain they will.

The good thing as well is that Top is young, so it makes it even more of a chance that we will be in a good situation for many a year.

Just pray it doesn’t go wrong on the pitch, and if it doesn’t, you watch the progress. 

Majority of what you have said is true, not sure if you've been told the same things as me but what they have planned is going to be ridicolous. Traffic around there is the biggest issue. 

They own the ground side of the road from OUR hotel up to the cross roads. 

As for moving lol have a day off.

Edited by Ashley