Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want Summer 2018

15 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Thauvin got 26 goals and 18 assists this season, say what you want about Ligue 1, that is mighty impressive.

Another pie in the sky suggestion possibly, what happened to Malcom of Bordeaux? Lovely left peg and didn't get his big move in January. could he be worth a go?

I'd love a player called Malcolm.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

We really aren't.

Doesn't mean he wouldn't succeed here if given another crack. Same way Iago Aspas is a quality player but everyone writes him off because he was poor here.

I can only judge on what I've seen and from what I've seen this guy is pants 

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd be astounded if we aren't linked with Shaqiri in the next few weeks.

Me too. I' surrised we're not already strongly linked. I would love to see him here. He's no Mahrez but he can change a game and we need that. He can actually take a free kick too..... I've forgotten what that looks like. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Me too. I' surrised we're not already strongly linked. I would love to see him here. He's no Mahrez but he can change a game and we need that. He can actually take a free kick too..... I've forgotten what that looks like. 

I’d like us to just go and get him in the bag, early doors. Apparently he has a £14m release clause. He can’t  replace Mahrez on his own, but stick him on the right hand side, and put a good number 10 in behind Vardy, and you may just cover the creativity we loose when Mahrez leaves.

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Like 1

I think Rashford would have a similar kind of issue to what we've had with previous forwards. If Vardy went to Atletico, I'd take Rashford (although I will keep stressing to everyone, neutrals in-particular, that Vardy is currently better). I just don't see him as a winger. He's a last shoulder striker for me.

12 hours ago, FoxOfMelton said:

I can't tell if you're serious or not. He had very little game time under a clueless manager in Pardew at Newcastle.

He's been exceptional for the past 2 seasons. He's the closest player to Riyad that we can realistically attain, in my opinion.

I totally agree, except for the "reallistically attainable" part.
His estimated value by the CIES (82.3M€) is almost twice Mahrez's. (43.2M€).
That might surprise some people here but he is playing for a club who went to a European Cup final and regularly qualifies for European competitions, who scored three times as many goal as Mahrez this season, is a French international and about to play a World Cup with a reasonable chance to win it.
That's way above Leicester City's level.

11 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Thauvin got 26 goals and 18 assists this season, say what you want about Ligue 1, that is mighty impressive.

Another pie in the sky suggestion possibly, what happened to Malcom of Bordeaux? Lovely left peg and didn't get his big move in January. could he be worth a go?

Malcom will leave Bordeaux this summer, but I'm afraid he is unattainable too.
The lastest clubs linked to him, according to rumors are : Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Tottenham, PSG and Borussia Dortmund.
He will probably be sold for something between 40M€ and 60M€.

5 hours ago, yks said:

I totally agree, except for the "reallistically attainable" part.
His estimated value by the CIES (82.3M€) is almost twice Mahrez's. (43.2M€).
That might surprise some people here but he is playing for a club who went to a European Cup final and regularly qualifies for European competitions, who scored three times as many goal as Mahrez this season, is a French international and about to play a World Cup with a reasonable chance to win it.
That's way above Leicester City's level.

Malcom will leave Bordeaux this summer, but I'm afraid he is unattainable too.
The lastest clubs linked to him, according to rumors are : Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Tottenham, PSG and Borussia Dortmund.
He will probably be sold for something between 40M€ and 60M€.

Malcom won't play at Liverpool, PSG etc. It would be much more beneficial if he joined a club where he'd be playing every week so he can develop. Saido Manè was linked to Dortmund etc when he was at Salzburg but decided to join Southampton because he valued his development and knew that when the time was right, he'd be able to make that step up. Would be sensible for Malcom not to join an 'elite team' as it may stunt his growth/potential. 

4 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Malcom won't play at Liverpool, PSG etc. It would be much more beneficial if he joined a club where he'd be playing every week so he can develop. Saido Manè was linked to Dortmund etc when he was at Salzburg but decided to join Southampton because he valued his development and knew that when the time was right, he'd be able to make that step up. Would be sensible for Malcom not to join an 'elite team' as it may stunt his growth/potential. 

I think he should aim for a lower club too, but which one could spend 50M€ for him ?

14 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Found this article whilst browsing the rumours, now if this would to happen just imagine Rashford and Vardy what an attacking pair to put together !!??

YES PLEASE JOSE !!

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/05/23/ac-marcus-rashford-and-leicester-city-could-be-a-perfect-fit/

That would be fantastic if we could bag him. Sadly, I don't see him leaving Utd any time too soon let alone a 'top 6' team. 

15 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

And corners... I really would like this to happen personally. I know he's a bit of a moody arse, but I think I could grow to love him. 

Assuming we loose (only); 

Mahrez, Hamer, Huth, Elder, King, Kapustka, Musa, Slimani, Ulloa 

I think we ‘need’;

a centre back,

a winger/wide forward

and a No.10

Our strategy should be to fill these required positions with high quality, and then to fill the back- up places in the squad with our up and coming youth players, such as Iversen, Moore, Barnes Thomas etc

• Like 2