Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want Summer 2018

We still need a CAM and winger for mahrez going

CB - Mawson - Didn't deserve to be relegated

CAM - Jonathan Bamba been great for saint etienne or Madison if we know he won't have injury problems

RM - Shaqiri

LM - Elynoussi 

Edited by Fightforever

3 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Fair bit of noise on Twitter linking us with Ziyech at €40m (@volatile vardy). Surely destined for bigger clubs than us?

Could be that statement signing...?

I hope this is true, by far the best replacement for Mahrez

12 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Fair bit of noise on Twitter linking us with Ziyech at €40m (@volatile vardy). Surely destined for bigger clubs than us?

Could be that statement signing...?

He's claiming Mahrez is going City for 75 + Roberts so I'd take it with a pinch of salt even though I'd love ziyech to come here

In

Ricardo Pereira (done)

Aleksander Dragovic

Jonny Evans

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

James Maddison 

Mohammed Elyounoussi 

I'd also love us to have a crack at Ryan Bertrand, but that's probably less realistic and less needed than others on the list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, norwichfox said:

Would like to see us make a serious bid for Butland, with Schmeikel as our 2nd GK.

Don't understand why everyone is so against Schmeichel and so for Butland. 

Schmeichel is way better, even this season just gone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, norwichfox said:

Would like to see us make a serious bid for Butland, with Schmeikel as our 2nd GK.

Schmeichel needs to be No1 or be sold, it's terrible business having a reserve GK on £90k a week.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

May I ask, which keeper have you seen far more of?

Well I'm not a Stoke fan, so Schmeichel. 

But considering the only stat that shows Butland being superior is total number of saves, I'm not sure where people are getting this Butland is far superior idea from. 

I still rate Schmeichel as one of the best in the league (definitely in the top 6). 

Screenshot_20180528-131649.png

1 minute ago, danny2997 said:

Well I'm not a Stoke fan, so Schmeichel. 

But considering the only stat that shows Butland being superior is total number of saves, I'm not sure where people are getting this Butland is far superior idea from. 

I still rate Schmeichel as one of the best in the league (definitely in the top 6). 

This is the danger on both sides of the argument - we are largely basing our opinion on 1) our concentrated view of Kasper, 2) Stats after the fact, 3) what other people/experts say and 4) hype.

For myself, I've lost confidence in Kasper, not least because it would seem that his ego/confidence/arrogance has affected his attitude and performances at times. I've been quietly advocating dismantling the majority of the 15/16 team for a while, and he may need to be a part of that. Perhaps without Morgan and Simpson in front of him he'll either re-focus or agitate for a move away.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

This is the danger on both sides of the argument - we are largely basing our opinion on 1) our concentrated view of Kasper, 2) Stats after the fact, 3) what other people/experts say and 4) hype.

For myself, I've lost confidence in Kasper, not least because it would seem that his ego/confidence/arrogance has affected his attitude and performances at times. I've been quietly advocating dismantling the majority of the 15/16 team for a while, and he may need to be a part of that. Perhaps without Morgan and Simpson in front of him he'll either re-focus or agitate for a move away.

Fair enough, I can see where the criticism of Schmeichel comes from.

However, I'm convinced that if we did need to replace him, there is much much much better options than Butland.