Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want Summer 2018

As mentioned elsewhere, Shaqiri from Stoke with a relegation release clause of £12.5m. That would be an excellent piece of business. The guy has a good set piece on him too.

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 1

looks like my wish for Buffon has been squashed - going to PSG. 

We should make an offer for their young GK.

5 hours ago, Mehrez said:

Anybody else underwhelmed with who we are being linked with? Grealish as a replacement for Mahrez?! The guy barely edged Maguire for goals and assists last season

He plays in central midfield now and is in no way a direct replacement for Mahrez. 

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

West Ham offered 35m for Felipe Anderson, would be a good signing

P1ss off lol!? If so that's classic Gold and Sullivan, make it look like they're after the big boys and end up with Che Adams.

6 hours ago, Katy said:

I think we may sign Grealish but not for 40m, Villa are in no position to be demanding that sort of price. Plus we ARE being linked with Shaqiri again.

Show me the Shaqiri link? Think he would be a good replacement or should I say the best we can do. 

8 hours ago, mod hero said:

Show me the Shaqiri link? Think he would be a good replacement or should I say the best we can do. 

I don’t have a link but trust me we are. We won’t get him though, if a Champions League club come in for him above us then he’ll go there. 

12 minutes ago, Katy said:

I don’t have a link but trust me we are. We won’t get him though, if a Champions League club come in for him above us then he’ll go there. 

He's been at Stoke doing very little for about 4 years, what makes you so sure a champions league team are in for him?

11 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Wouldn’t think he’d be interested but I’d go all out for Mata underrated and always has our pants down when we play Utd, he must be getting pissed off not playing regular. 

This would be a class signing, however if he’s surplus at United I can see him going back to Spain sadly. 

Another name I’m hearing who may be available is Kurt Zouma, surely a loan deal here would be a good bit of business? He can’t be too picky about where he goes as he went to Stoke last season! ?

Shaqiri on his day is class but his attitude stinks, you can see the arrogance ooze out of him. 

Sisto could be a good shout haven’t Vigo gone down? Maybe Kasper can have a word at the World Cup. 

43 minutes ago, toddybad said:

He's been at Stoke doing very little for about 4 years, what makes you so sure a champions league team are in for him?

I didn’t say a Champions League club were in for him, I said if there was. I’m not itk but I know a little bit. Mark Hughes promised him Stoke would be bringing in world class players for him to feed to and they let him down big time and people question his attitude. Put him in a side with world class players and see the difference. 

46 minutes ago, Katy said:

I didn’t say a Champions League club were in for him, I said if there was. I’m not itk but I know a little bit. Mark Hughes promised him Stoke would be bringing in world class players for him to feed to and they let him down big time and people question his attitude. Put him in a side with world class players and see the difference. 

Don't get me wrong he has got quality. I wouldn't be against it.

1 hour ago, Katy said:

Oh, they tried. And how they tried.

Bayern München - "Everything but Bayern would be a step back!" Leaves Bayern after two and a half years for Inter, this following issues with new manager Pep Guardiola and his tactics in 2014

FC Internazionale - "Inter needed money" - leaves Inter after five months and one goal in 15 matches for Stoke, because Mancini preferred Hernanes over him in attacking midfield, and because "Stoke could offer better wages than Dortmund or Schalke 04" (quote Shaqiri)

Stoke City - "We don't have enough quality in this team" - leaves Stoke after two years

See, I adore his talent and he's a funny guy, but he's also a bit of a troublemaker and moody and as ill-advised as Riyad.

Guardiola and Mancini both put a big emphasis on tactics and strategic thinking - in Shaqiri's case, that's asking a lot.