Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want Summer 2018

1 minute ago, danny2997 said:

Fair enough, I can see where the criticism of Schmeichel comes from.

However, I'm convinced that if we did need to replace him, there is much much much better options than Butland. 

Who do you have in mind, Danny?

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Who do you have in mind, Danny?

Nick Pope or Jordan Pickford would be my choices if we went with someone from English leagues. There's probably some from foreign leagues which would be good as well but I'm only familiar with the top keepers that would probably be unrealistic for us to sign. 

On 02/05/2018 at 13:20, turtmcfly said:

Mild homo-erotica. Interesting. Something about the roly-poly's in the sand at 1:43 was arousing in a very wholesome way, but I'm left none the wiser about their footballing abilities or indeed how to spell the club's name. 

It does appear quite homosexual, however they came from behind  to draw 1-1 very late in the game, in a very foxes means, by hoofing up the ball to no-one, and scoring a worldie. Also, they had 20p pints and 4 donut for £1. I think we could take a lot of examples from smaller top leagues like this. 

I'd like to see us bring in Pontus Janssen from Leeds to play alongside Maguire, maybe also bring in another CB as well as there's an argument we need 4 reliable centre halves.

I can't work out if we need 2 new wingers once Mahrez goes. I'm not a massive Albrighton fan and with Gray showing no real signs of progression we are alarmingly weak in that area. I think we may need a left winger, a right winger and potentially a number 10 or at least a player comfortable playing across those positions.

I don't think we need any new attackers unless we are granted the wish of Musa, Slimani and Ulloa going, but even then I'd look for a more versatile forward otherwise they'll seldom get a game.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd like to see us bring in Pontus Janssen from Leeds to play alongside Maguire, maybe also bring in another CB as well as there's an argument we need 4 reliable centre halves.

I can't work out if we need 2 new wingers once Mahrez goes. I'm not a massive Albrighton fan and with Gray showing no real signs of progression we are alarmingly weak in that area. I think we may need a left winger, a right winger and potentially a number 10 or at least a player comfortable playing across those positions.

I don't think we need any new attackers unless we are granted the wish of Musa, Slimani and Ulloa going, but even then I'd look for a more versatile forward otherwise they'll seldom get a game.

I think we just need to spend the Mahrez money on like for like Instead of spending it on 2 half as good players!... if that makes sense.

Its obviously hard to get a player of Mahrez's talent here but we must spend what it takes and try.

If you look at the money we have just spent on a Full back it sure looks like we mean business to be honest.

Edited by les-tah

Liverpool are collecting midfielders like they're going out of fashion, I'd absolutely love us to go and get Milner. Failing that Wijnaldum might be another who's attainable if we need another central midfielder. Milner would bring a lot of qualities to this team though.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Liverpool are collecting midfielders like they're going out of fashion, I'd absolutely love us to go and get Milner. Failing that Wijnaldum might be another who's attainable if we need another central midfielder. Milner would bring a lot of qualities to this team though.

I was thinking the same; but Lallana was the player I thought we'd should get. Does seem to get injured quite abit, which is ashame because he's a fabulous footballer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, norwichfox said:

He isn't. He plays for Olympique Lyonnais, and was born in Lyon.

So, in other words, he plays for Lyon?

i don’t support Leicester by the way…. I support Leicester Ciry Football club :scarf:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Anyone else really think Iheanacho will kick on next season? Only played 822 league minutes and got 3 goals and 3 assists, over a season in which he might have played the same minutes as Mahrez, that's 10-11 goals and 10-11 assists, especially since he's ended the season on pretty blistering form. Think playing Iheanacho full-time will go a decent way to reducing the gap Mahrez will leave.

Definitely need a new right winger though, I'd like a proper out and out winger, rather than a left-footed right winger. Don't know of any available, but I think that's the style Puel wants because he's been playing Diabate on the left a lot.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Anyone else really think Iheanacho will kick on next season? Only played 822 league minutes and got 3 goals and 3 assists, over a season in which he might have played the same minutes as Mahrez, that's 10-11 goals and 10-11 assists, especially since he's ended the season on pretty blistering form. Think playing Iheanacho full-time will go a decent way to reducing the gap Mahrez will leave.

Definitely need a new right winger though, I'd like a proper out and out winger, rather than a left-footed right winger. Don't know of any available, but I think that's the style Puel wants because he's been playing Diabate on the left a lot.

I agree. He finally looked to settle into that no.10 role and I'd be very surrised if he didn't nail down that spot this year. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Beechey said:

we could get away with playing Iheanacho as a 10 if we get two wide players who are able to create chances for Vardy and Iheanacho. Mahrez, nacho and Vardy were looking pretty good towards the end of last season. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi
  • Like 1

According to "L'équipe", Everton, West Ham and Crystal Palace are interested in Issa Diop from Toulouse.
I think he would be a far better choice than Marlon Santos, for a similar prize.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

we could get away with playing Iheanacho as a 10 if we get two wide players who are able to create chances for Vardy and Iheanacho. Mahrez, nacho and Vardy were looking pretty good towards the end of last season. 

With Vardy as our main striker I think we'll look for the three behind him to be quite narrow and get the width from from our marauding full backs. We'd be better off threading through balls into him rather than relying on crosses. I could see this team at the start of the season:

Vardy

Grealish Iheanacho Maddison

Ndidi Silva

Chilwell      Evans   Maguire     Pereira

Schmeichel

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Gerard said:

With Vardy as our main striker I think we'll look for the three behind him to be quite narrow and get the width from from our marauding full backs. We'd be better off threading through balls into him rather than relying on crosses. I could see this team at the start of the season:

Vardy

Grealish Iheanacho Maddison

Ndidi Silva

Chilwell      Evans   Maguire     Pereira

Schmeichel

I fully agree with the concept about the wide players playing narrow/ full backs etc but I'd hope we'd go for at least one of those attackers to be aged 23-27, be in his prime, someone we know will deliver in terms of goals and assists - may cost us £35-45m but with the money we will get for Riyad then surely it's worth it. 

I world have thought that Pascal Gross would be gettable and offer something different than what we currently have.

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Albrighton is still of importance as he's a hell of a grafter. A lot of the good team perfomances since Ranieri left have included Marc being highly effective.

His crossing was of no use without Slimani but get the right target man and it doesn't look half as bad.

Think aswell with all the demand for a Mahrez like flair player we take the doggedness and workrate of Albrighton for granted.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Albrighton is still of importance as he's a hell of a grafter. A lot of the good team perfomances since Ranieri left have included Marc being highly effective.

His crossing was of no use without Slimani but get the right target man and it doesn't look half as bad.

Think aswell with all the demand for a Mahrez like flair player we take the doggedness and workrate of Albrighton for granted.

With Mahrez going, I think we need our other attackers to step up. Albrignton and Okazaki worked for us because they gave the team balance. Without Mahrez, I don't think those two give us enough of a threat going forward to trouble teams. Okazaki will leave for free next season anyway so it will be interesting if we try and recoup some money from him this summer. 

6 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

With Mahrez going, I think we need our other attackers to step up. Albrignton and Okazaki worked for us because they gave the team balance. Without Mahrez, I don't think those two give us enough of a threat going forward to trouble teams. Okazaki will leave for free next season anyway so it will be interesting if we try and recoup some money from him this summer. 

Yes Mahrez is big shoes to fill but I'd imagine that we will have some hopeful on the right hand side joining us. Looking for Albrighton and Shinji to take the fight to teams in terms of goals/assists wouldn't be a wise move I'd agree fully.

Albrighton ain't Mahrez but I wouldnt discard him that easily.