Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

7 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

1-5 to Arsenal.

They are coming good but i dont think the score reflects the game. Deserved to win but not by 4 goals. 

I think Emery has found something good in Lacazette and Aubaumang.

• Like 2

Shows how much of a joke Wenger was in his final few seasons. Emery has added a few blindingly obvious additions and has them defensively more resolute; unsurprisingly they’re not embarrassing anymore.

8 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

There is no upside to Arsenal playing well. Even Arsenal Fan TV isn't fun to watch anymore.

This is so true - you could always rely on the collective meltdown as Arsenal blow it yet again to warm the cockles . Hope it returns soon lol

Worst case scenario we will be 6 points behind spurs in 5th after today. Not to bad considering we haven’t been great all season so far. Get our defence sorted and I think we could make a real go for top 6 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I've only just noticed how bad the socks look with it.

Looks like they forgot their socks so borrowed the Dutch ones - weird.

They’re taking the piss out of Southampton though. 85% possession away from home :o

11 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Worst case scenario we will be 6 points behind spurs in 5th after today. Not to bad considering we haven’t been great all season so far. Get our defence sorted and I think we could make a real go for top 6 

My check points...first 10 games

Then...1st week December...1st week Jan. A last one in 1st week March,then let it ride.

But that's my fun,to see if we are progressing, stagnating,worse for wear, riding my normal expectations,which are never too high!! or

Finding a rich vain of over expected quality...or results.

Unless we implode and have a 5-6 game losing streak,with no way out,this season Puel will stay rightly our manager.....

I find it a boring crusade...to whine on n on,in the varying threads,finding a way to peck Way  at the manager.....I

Trying to find another issue/moment to attack him.....

Everybody can have their opinion....but I and others can also react,showing the optimistic,even happy-clapper opinions,are 

More  the norm and natural and IMO balanced approach while supporting...our deadly beloved!!!

And we ain't snowflakes,but icicles of faith..

22 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

There are so many poor teams in the premier league at the moment, even us playing like an average team will probably finish top 10 without many worries. 

Without doubt. The bottom half of the league is poor. We should finish top 10 with ease. I'd rather us win a cup, mind.

• Like 1

Can see us getting a proper pasting at Arsenal.

1 hour ago, Md9 said:

We are not getting anywhere near the top 6 mate, don't waste your time getting your hopes up.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Southampton have some good individual players, certainly good enough to stay up but seem to have quite a lot of bad luck and of cause poor management. Shame, kind of a team a don’t mind. 

They will be ok as there's enough real rubbish at the bottom of the league to fill the relegation spots but this team seems to lack any fight or flair . Hughes working his usual magic after relegating Stoke 

27 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Can see us getting a proper pasting at Arsenal.

We are not getting anywhere near the top 6 mate, don't waste your time getting your hopes up.

I know we prob won’t be top 6 but I think it could be open for a few teams this season and if we put a few decent runs together you never know. 

The standard of coaching has never been better. The league is much more interesting and varied without Pardew, Allardyce and Moyes. Klopp, Pep, Pochettino, Sarri and Emery are all probably at their peaks now which is better for the league. Nuno is clearly talented too so it makes it a better watch all around 

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

The standard of coaching has never been better. The league is much more interesting and varied without Pardew, Allardyce and Moyes. Klopp, Pep, Sarri and Emery are all probably at their peaks now which is better for the league. Nuno is clearly talented too so it makes it a better watch all around 

First Pulis free season in years too ???

• Like 2