Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Who is to say why someone hates a particular team?

I utterly loathe Man Utd. Most of it is because of Ferguson (who I had to listen to for 8 years before he even moved south) but, in more recent years, it's been their glory hunting supporters littered throughout every British village, town and city. It's pretty irrational but I'm also sure no one can persuade me they're anything other than a club I want to fail miserably. I'd generally want any English team to win a European tie except them. Petty? yes, but it's just the way I feel.

I don't have an issue with Spurs really, I kinda laugh when they get beaten and I'm happy to take the piss but I could say that of all the other clubs to a certain degree. Even that is slightly faux, I've probably posted that I hate them on here at some point but the reality is that I just really don't care about them enough to be that bothered. There was a period after the 2015/16 season where I took extra delight in their defeats but it wore off pretty quickly really.

If someone does have an hatred of Spurs though, I'm not sure why that bothers other people so much.

12 hours ago, sylofox said:

Still waiting to see what the Premier League do to them. 

Special dispensation to play a game at Wembley. Turns into half a season. Pounds or points? 

Can’t see it being pounds as they don’t have any ? Or levy will pay it over 25 years. Can’t see them being deducted points. If they did they should wait until the end of the season and deduct enough for them to finish below us 

5 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Can’t see it being pounds as they don’t have any ? Or levy will pay it over 25 years. Can’t see them being deducted points. If they did they should wait until the end of the season and deduct enough for them to finish below us 

I don't suppose they can do anything until the bog seat on shite Hart Lane is open. 2pts for every game or £100k a game would be a start. 

Edited by sylofox

23 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Wouldn't surprise me AT ALL if they do get deducted points, but only at the end of the season, and only just enough points that they still make it into Europe.

Ultimately, though, nothing will happen and they'll be at Wembley for the full season with no repercussions.

46 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I utterly loathe Man Utd. Most of it is because of Ferguson (who I had to listen to for 8 years before he even moved south) but, in more recent years, it's been their glory hunting supporters littered throughout every British village, town and city. It's pretty irrational but I'm also sure no one can persuade me they're anything other than a club I want to fail miserably. I'd generally want any English team to win a European tie except them. Petty? yes, but it's just the way I feel.

Man Utd for me for exactly the same reason. Don't mind the locals supporting them but hated them for the glory supporters before I moved here. I have a soft spot for Manchester City because it is hilarious how much it annoys them.

I don't hate Spurs but one of my best mates supports them (no connection at all, just liked Klinsmann in the 90's) and they are utterly hilarious.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sylofox said:

Nahhhhhh I feel sorry for cov. Got some good mates down here that support them. Also look at the cvnts running them. Such a fvck up. 

Its just no fun hating them anymore.

And in terms of them being bought out originally (in a non religious way but no other saying fits it as well as this) it feels like "there but for the grace of god, go i"

Could have been us, and they could have been licky enough to have been bought by vichai and top (but unlikely cos they were just shit back then ? - old habits die hard)

Edited by gw_leics772

1 hour ago, Max Wall said:

I don't have an issue with Spurs really, I kinda laugh when they get beaten and I'm happy to take the piss but I could say that of all the other clubs to a certain degree. Even that is slightly faux, I've probably posted that I hate them on here at some point but the reality is that I just really don't care about them enough to be that bothered. There was a period after the 2015/16 season where I took extra delight in their defeats but it wore off pretty quickly really.

If someone does have an hatred of Spurs though, I'm not sure why that bothers other people so much.

I feel that way more about spurs now after the title year, but i do find that the beauty of other english teams in europe is that tou can want, for example man u to beat juventus, but it takes nothing away from laughing your arse off at them if they het tonked. Win-win.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

Man Utd for me for exactly the same reason. Don't mind the locals supporting them but hated them for the glory supporters before I moved here. I have a soft spot for Manchester City because it is hilarious how much it annoys them.

I don't hate Spurs but one of my best mates supports them (no connection at all, just liked Klinsmann in the 90's) and they are utterly hilarious.

It's Liverpool for me . Growing up in the 80s all the glory boys in Leicester supported Liverpool .The amount of grief i got on the school playground for supporting my home town club was unbelievable .Even now i would say that after City Liverpool are the second most well supported club in Leicestershire.

Edited by los dedos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Ultimately, though, nothing will happen and they'll be at Wembley for the full season with no repercussions.

This. 

Levy is no idiot the prospect of a fine points/cash they will stay at Wembley to avoid it. 

Manipulate the rules for your own bennifit. 

18 minutes ago, los dedos said:

It's Liverpool for me . Growing up in the 80s all the glory boys in Leicester supported Liverpool .The amount of grief i got on the school playground for supporting my home town club was unbelievable .Even now i would say that after City Liverpool are the second most well supported club in Leicestershire.

It was Liverpool for me in the 80's. Decades of not winning the title meant it has worn off quite a bit. I only really remember not liking them because of their success, not for any other reasons. With Man U, there's a multitude of reasons why I have a distaste for them. 

I don't remember Liverpool spending loads more money than everyone else as MU did to maintain their success, maybe time has clouded my judgement there though.

I wouldn't be surprised if I dislike Liverpool all over again if they can win it though.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Max Wall said:

Because I don't understand hate!! In peace time,in a pastime sport.Dislike..ok. but hate!!

Irrational IMO... Jesus if soldiers hated each other because of football alliances,we wouldn't need enemies!!

55 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

http://m.spiegel.de/international/world/football-leaks-wolverhampton-conflict-of-interest-a-1239829.html

Spiegel looking into the Wolves situation. Pretty damning though like all of their leaks, highly unlikely to change anything. 

There's not really much there that we didn't already know tbh, other than some quotes from emails confirming the "strategy" of Fosun and Gestifute/Mendes being in bed together. 

4 hours ago, Max Wall said:

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Because I don't understand hate!! In peace time,in a pastime sport.Dislike..ok. but hate!!

Irrational IMO... Jesus if soldiers hated each other because of football alliances,we wouldn't need enemies!!

You're making a point to me that I've already made myself.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

I cant remember any love for our ''family club'' when we went bust, i was in a London hospital at the time and the comments were lot more hurtfull than that.  They would rather see us gone, Its time for you to enter the dog eat dog world. Tottenham are a mess. I was once told  if you cant be happy when your team loses then be happy when your competitors do. Im quite happy to see spurs with difficulties. 

I believe,one proves ones metal,by competing and where possible beating the "others". on the field of play. 

If every fan,and their wishes on various teams,then there would be no opposition...oh wait!!!  Some will say we can cherry pick!!

So we can play Mansfield and Tranmere every week....

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I believe,one proves ones metal,by competing and where possible beating the "others". on the field of play. 

If every fan,and their wishes on various teams,then there would be no opposition...oh wait!!!  Some will say we can cherry pick!!

So we can play Mansfield and Tranmere every week....

Who has said they want our competitors to 'go to the wall'? I don't want Man Utd to fold, I just want them to be shite. Thankfully, they are obliging currently.

29 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Who has said they want our competitors to 'go to the wall'? I don't want Man Utd to fold, I just want them to be shite. Thankfully, they are obliging currently.

IMO That's ok and healthy,unfortunately their shite still has "some" or enough quality to guarrantee,they won't really struggle...:(

When I was a young boy(secretly as I got older) and a poet to be told....I used to play with the idea of seeing the top 1-4 teams,with their

Managers toiling between 17-13th,over longer periods,especially Arsenal and L'pool(and I liked L'pool) They're 2 teams that have never

Really struggled!!! The others however have seen the lower divisions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

IMO That's ok and healthy,unfortunately their shite still has "some" or enough quality to guarrantee,they won't really struggle...:(

When I was a young boy(secretly as I got older) and a poet to be told....I used to play with the idea of seeing the top 1-4 teams,with their

Managers toiling between 17-13th,over longer periods,especially Arsenal and L'pool(and I liked L'pool) They're 2 teams that have never

Just to clarify, by struggle, i suppose I mean not winning the league (or any trophies hopefully). An added bonus of their recent travails is that they are actually struggling most years to even get in the Champions League. That's good enough for me NTF! 

The way money now controls the game, it's very unlikely that any of the traditional big clubs (top 5 or 6) are going to mess it up so badly that they're relegated. Certainly not in my lifetime. It'll probably take a complete implosion within the game here (not beyond the bounds of possibility) for any of those teams to be in any danger of a bottom 3 spot. Even then, it's highly unlikely.

4 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Just to clarify, by struggle, i suppose I mean not winning the league (or any trophies hopefully). An added bonus of their recent travails is that they are actually struggling most years to even get in the Champions League. That's good enough for me NTF! 

The way money now controls the game, it's very unlikely that any of the traditional big clubs (top 5 or 6) are going to mess it up so badly that they're relegated. Certainly not in my lifetime. It'll probably take a complete implosion within the game here (not beyond the bounds of possibility) for any of those teams to be in any danger of a bottom 3 spot. Even then, it's highly unlikely.

Man.city and Spurs,could be candidates,When they lose their present managers and the BBone of their squads!!

When in life,one gets too far of oneselves (the PL ) ,it has a tendency to bite back with an hefty one on the posteria.

25 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

but they did....

https://www.lfchistory.net/Articles/Article/1265

Edited by norwichfox