Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

13 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

eerrrm I meant really since the 60s. Not really my bad,but not precise!!!

And IMO BIAS as it maybe,early 1960s was the turning point that set up major thought and approach changes in the game.

Modern football had its beginnings I would say from the middle 60s,but it still needed and did take greater strides,to reach where we are today.

I am not an old grumpy,as much as I saw for then,some great games and individual skills,I do prefer today s PL.

Money and purses,is far way OTT,and the EPL and the Scottish game does suffer from it!!! Though now it seems we have

an International set up,that is no longer stubborn,and takes on the youth and in  form players,no matter which club they come from....

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

There's not really much there that we didn't already know tbh, other than some quotes from emails confirming the "strategy" of Fosun and Gestifute/Mendes being in bed together. 

Modern fans have become cynical on the cynicism in  football,but if there is any heavy  wrong doing,or abuse of law,I hope that mags like

The Spiegel carry on investigating into possible fraud and corruption of business ethics..

55 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

eerrrm I meant really since the 60s. Not really my bad,but not precise!!!

And IMO BIAS as it maybe,early 1960s was the turning point that set up major thought and approach changes in the game.

Modern football had its beginnings I would say from the middle 60s,but it still needed and did take greater strides,to reach where we are today.

I am not an old grumpy,as much as I saw for then,some great games and individual skills,I do prefer today s PL.

Money and purses,is far way OTT,and the EPL and the Scottish game does suffer from it!!! Though now it seems we have

an International set up,that is no longer stubborn,and takes on the youth and in  form players,no matter which club they come from....

Poor excuse for lack of knowledge and/or research....lol

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Modern fans have become cynical on the cynicism in  football,but if there is any heavy  wrong doing,or abuse of law,I hope that mags like

The Spiegel carry on investigating into possible fraud and corruption of business ethics..

Agreed. We all want a level playing field if possible. 

We've already been investigated three times on this issue. Twice by the EFL and after promotion by the PL. 

22 minutes ago, The Bear said:

We've already been investigated three times on this issue. Twice by the EFL and after promotion by the PL. 

Not going to attack Wolves for playing the system. If anyone is at at fault it would be the EFL and PL for the way they set rules. 

1 hour ago, norwichfox said:

Poor excuse for lack of knowledge and/or research....lol

It was already in my head,so no need for collecting knowledge of research,I just didn't  post where my goalposts began....

you nearly got me,but not quite...:frantics:

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

The worst thing when pirates steal and mis-use the trust of their fans.

we have banned gambling...but isn't that what these people are doing ..gambling ,and playing around with financial laws and regulations,at

the cost of what emotions the fans put into the whole game!!!

Whoscored have done some new pretty graphs. The first part isn't new to anyone. The chart at the end is interesting though.

It says we're as likely to concede at any point in the match albeit slightly more in the first thirty minutes but it's only in the last thirty minutes when we're most likely to score.

Interesting for our next match too. It says Brighton until 30 minutes are on a +1 goal difference (whereas we're on a dismal -3) then go into a -4 goal difference until 60 minutes (we're on 0 goal difference then) and slightly improve in the last 30 minutes to get to a -2 goal difference (at which point we're on +4).

So according to that, they'll batter us in the first thirty and we'll flunk our chances, then they'll drop off massively in the next thirty just as we're recovering, and then they'll recover slightly just as we're most likely to score. Interesting to see if it pans out.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/2018/nov/22/premier-league-analysing-when-teams-score-their-goals

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

Kante’s enhanced wages likely to do with him refusing to accept money through a tax avoidance company in Jersey. 

Just to add on the Wolves story, the tax avoidance admittance is very ****ing annoying as someone who pays all his taxes to support this country. However it’s difficult to overly criticise Wolves over it because I’m sure there’s plenty at it including our own club. 

The problem with tax avoidance is that it means teachers have to buy their own teaching materials for their classes, there's not enough police to keep us safe, that ambulance for your dying mum might not ever arrive, that pot hole that's never fixed means you fall off your bike, Oadbys Christmas tree is cancelled etc etc.

Either that or Tories are just bastards.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

The problem with tax avoidance is that it means teachers have to buy their own teaching materials for their classes, there's not enough police to keep us safe, that ambulance for your dying mum might not ever arrive, that pot hole that's never fixed means you fall off your bike, Oadbys Christmas tree is cancelled etc etc.

Yeah!

Right on man!

download.jpeg.6c66699278a9d94f6368ed5fd2b9b77f.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

I'd say only the top 2 and Azpilicueta deserve to be on so much. 

It's just the numbers Stan. I know it's a matter that's been long debated but those weekly wages....lol The keeper on £192,000 per week. There must be fat adults all around the country who were shoved in goal at gym cursing the fact they didn't give it more of an effort!

I agree though, Kante, Hazard and Azpil are huge players for Chelsea. 

30 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

It's just the numbers Stan. I know it's a matter that's been long debated but those weekly wages....lol The keeper on £192,000 per week. There must be fat adults all around the country who were shoved in goal at gym cursing the fact they didn't give it more of an effort!

I agree though, Kante, Hazard and Azpil are huge players for Chelsea. 

Yeah it's obscene regardless.

Drinkwater raking it in for doing absolutely nothing. 

2 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Yes.

I might have misheard but I'm sure on Breakfast TV they said Kante would be paying £6.5 mill in taxes more than Google and Facebook combined