Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

What's worse is that, presuming it doesn't come out of the personal banks of the owners but the club's bank then that money is essentially 'fans' money either through gate receipts or TV payments.

Indeed. And when they have such stringent rules about just how owners can inject money into clubs this rather does make a mockery of FFP

Fulham will be hoping he has a 1/4 of the impact he had with you guys - might be enough to see them stay up!

Probably a wise move in a sense - somebody with Premier league experience and has got the best out of players before as proven with you guys.

Mind you they don't have some of the quality you had....

17 minutes ago, brucey said:

He'll tighten up their defence, but I don't think he's ever experienced a relegation battle in his career (once resigned to avoid one iirc)... will be new territory for him

Was in a relegation battle with us but couldn’t turn the ship around unfortunately :( 

16 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Fulham will be hoping he has a 1/4 of the impact he had with you guys - might be enough to see them stay up!

Probably a wise move in a sense - somebody with Premier league experience and has got the best out of players before as proven with you guys.

Mind you they don't have some of the quality you had....

He didn't half do some strange things though when things were going wrong. 2-0 down at Swansea and the only substitutions he made were for two more defensive fullbacks. If be builds upon Fulham's system there they'll be okay, but if he implements his own I fear for them.

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Always think its harsh when a newly promoted manager loses his job but Fulham spent a hell of a lot money and want to avoid relegation at all costs. I think they have the potential to be better so I think they've got a chance of staying up.

I agree, but i think they spent a lot (£100m they said on the radio) in the summer, and they've pushed eject earlier so i imagine Claudio gets a few weeks to look and then they might be prepared to spend some more.  

• Like 1