Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

6 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

When Real Madrid lost 3 0 to Eibar I thought thats the most shocking result we'll see this week. And now this! Wolvesalona losing to Huddersfield at home.

Football royalty getting a pasting!

It’s hardly a fair comparison mate. Wolves are loads better than Madrid

Edited by foxfanazer

49 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Got a lot of tough games and we've had a right easy last 6 weeks and yet not really been very impressive so it's a big ask. We are notoriously poor over Xmas as well. Let's hope we're due a good one

I'm genuinely not looking for a fight but consider what you've said there for a moment.

I know you mean in terms of opposition compared with what's to come in December but it's easy to forget just how much they've been through in that time period.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

It will and does for Leicester players. If referees ever take a stand it's always against Leicester.

They shouldn't 'take a stand' as they shouldn't need to. It should be decided at the beginning of the year what is being clamped down on and enforced across the board. Not as and when the refs fancy it

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

At least Bournemouth are drifting towards their correct level.  This should stop this excessive w***ing by the media over Eddie Howe.

I can't see another club similar to them having a ground capacity of just under 11,400 and with limited resources that has gone up the leagues over the past few years and have survived PL relegation despite being odds-on for it in their first season at the top flight.

Pretty remarkable and Howe is a breath of much-needed fresh air, particularly preferred to Allardyce, Pardew, Hughes, Moyes etc.

The only criticism of Bournemouth really is that they've probably over-spend co,pared to the actual quality of player they purchased. But LCFC, as we all know, have made that mistake (for example, Adrien Silva) but another opportunity to change this to a more cautious recruitment approach can certainly come if they do this aspect better.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

with limited resources

They've been bankrolled and lost more money than we did when they went up.

They deserve recognition as any team getting top 10 is a good result, but they've spent a fortune!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tuna said:

That surely would have been given without goal line technology.

Definitely.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Wolves are miles out of order there.

Disagree. The guy wasn't even that injured. By that I mean it wasn't like he was knocked out or his ankle was hanging off. He was on his knees and seemed to just have a bit of cramp.

No team is obligated to kick the ball out when a player is down, least of all the referee either unless it's a head injury. 

It's a rule that does need some clearing up. Another grey area along with the handball/deliberate handball confusion that sometimes arises.