Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Outgoing executive chairman Richard Scudamore will receive a £5m farewell bonus paid by clubs, the Premier League has confirmed.

Scudamore will receive the payment over a three-year period "in recognition of his outstanding work".

He will remain with the Premier League in an advisory capacity.

It comes after football fans urged clubs not to "stick their hands down the back of the sofa" and contribute to Scudamore's departing gift.

Scudamore - who reportedly earns £2.5m per season - is stepping down in December after 19 years at the organisation.

The Premier League's UK television rights were valued at about £670m when Scudamore joined the organisation in 1999, while the most recent deal was worth £5.14bn.

All 20 Premier League clubs were asked by Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck for a £250,000 contribution - something which fans "strongly opposed".

"Premier League clubs have always told fan groups that budgets are planned in advance and there's not a surplus of cash lying around from their extremely lucrative TV deal," said the Football Supporters' Federation (FSF).

"In the meantime, loyal football supporters continue to be inconvenienced by fixture changes to fit TV schedules, often losing out on travel costs or struggling to get to and from games in the first place.

"Now it appears clubs can stick their hands down the back of the sofa and find £250,000 at a moment's notice."

13 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

So, can we still refuse to pay or is this compulsory now?

Modern football is corrupt as f**k, run by shirts who couldn't kick a ball at school so played the recorder instead.

And what's wrong with music? Are we musicians inferior somehow? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

Twitter says it is Wolves, Leicester, Burnley, Huddersfield and Palace. 

Which is strange because the BBC said the other day that us and Fulham were two of them. The Times said that Watford were one as well. 

Basically most of the teams outside the top 6 or established sides? 

I heard he is going to get another bonus on top of this 5 million bounty as well!

And we moan the players get too much...

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Outgoing executive chairman Richard Scudamore will receive a £5m farewell bonus paid by clubs, the Premier League has confirmed.

Scudamore will receive the payment over a three-year period "in recognition of his outstanding work".

He will remain with the Premier League in an advisory capacity.

It comes after football fans urged clubs not to "stick their hands down the back of the sofa" and contribute to Scudamore's departing gift.

Scudamore - who reportedly earns £2.5m per season - is stepping down in December after 19 years at the organisation.

The Premier League's UK television rights were valued at about £670m when Scudamore joined the organisation in 1999, while the most recent deal was worth £5.14bn.

All 20 Premier League clubs were asked by Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck for a £250,000 contribution - something which fans "strongly opposed".

"Premier League clubs have always told fan groups that budgets are planned in advance and there's not a surplus of cash lying around from their extremely lucrative TV deal," said the Football Supporters' Federation (FSF).

"In the meantime, loyal football supporters continue to be inconvenienced by fixture changes to fit TV schedules, often losing out on travel costs or struggling to get to and from games in the first place.

"Now it appears clubs can stick their hands down the back of the sofa and find £250,000 at a moment's notice."

So that's it then.. I give up my ST.I won't pay another penny for football.  

Sky and BT football apps cancelled..I

Match day including England games ,donated to my family and shopping with the wife..

MOTD..out drinking with the lads, or romantic evening with my beloved.

Goals on Sunday,shoved asside, I will be happily cooking the Sunday Roast...with crispy skin,or even succulent crackling!!

Then a nice pleasant Sunday stroll,with no phones!!

Those barstewards won't get a penny more from my piggybank

Scudamore,bonuses,on bonuses......That's it!!!   

I will just confuse the forestall talk rabble, with my contentious, poetic,barbarous use of a protected carnate of a language.

The carnage on a turn of word,that throws the squeamish into delerium..:beer:

Football left the terraces years ago,now it's been abused and  now  buried  deep into the playing turf!!

Raped ,thrown a d dumped into the Forest of  media play-pen!!     :nono:

5 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Not only that but he has to be a Champions League win away from being undoubtedly the most influential footballer in the World - I don't think we would've done it without him and I don't think France would've won the World Cup without him either, he freed Pogba & Griezmann whilst yet again giving confidence to the defenders behind him, being central to a quick counter-attacking side.

Don't forget Chelsea wouldn't have won it without him the year after us. He changed their club completely.

6 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Not only that but he has to be a Champions League win away from being undoubtedly the most influential footballer in the World - I don't think we would've done it without him and I don't think France would've won the World Cup without him either, he freed Pogba & Griezmann whilst yet again giving confidence to the defenders behind him, being central to a quick counter-attacking side.

Wish Kante remained for one more season with us. Who knows how well we would have done?

6 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Griezmann is class with or without Kante.

When we played Athetico in the CL he impressed me very much; he's one of the best players I've ever seen live.

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

I know it is all mindless conjecture but I honestly believe that "THAT" team (the one that won the league) would have won the Champions League had i started straight at the end of the season and we had the same players.  That is what was so amazing about that team.  When it wanted to it could beat anyone.  People talk about managers and whether Pearson or Ranieri was more important (both were vital in my opinion) but deep down I just think that that particular group of players had something special, something more than the sum of its parts that kind of transcended the manager and even the fans.  It was like when they wanted to they could take it to another level.  It's like when you hear Joy Division interviewed and they just come across as four northern lads, not particularly special, who liked football and girls but when they got together they produced music way beyond any of their capabilities.  Those 11 main players that won the league had something magic between them that no one will ever be able to fully explain.  It truly was beautiful to watch and we are lucky that it happened to "our" team.  

Anyway, sorry I am rambling.  X

Remember to down a pint of water just before bedtime Rumble ;) X

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I know it is all mindless conjecture but I honestly believe that "THAT" team (the one that won the league) would have won the Champions League had it started straight at the end of the season and we had the same players.  That is what was so amazing about that team.  When it wanted to it could beat anyone.  People talk about managers and whether Pearson or Ranieri was more important (both were vital in my opinion) but deep down I just think that that particular group of players had something special, something more than the sum of its parts that kind of transcended the manager and even the fans.  It was like when they wanted to they could take it to another level.  It's like when you hear Joy Division interviewed and they just come across as four northern lads, not particularly special, who liked football and girls but when they got together they produced music way beyond any of their capabilities.  Those 11 main players that won the league had something magic between them that no one will ever be able to fully explain.  It truly was beautiful to watch and we are lucky that it happened to "our" team.  

Anyway, sorry I am rambling.  X

your rambles,makes one want to walk alongside you..!!

that's how I felt. Kante could of left with a CL medal around his neck.I bet D D wouldn't have had his injuries.

Kante leaving broke that spell.Whatever it was...I believe deep in my heart...We had it!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

your rambles,makes one want to walk alongside you..!!

that's how I felt. Kante could of left with a CL medal around his neck.I bet D D wouldn't have had his injuries.

Kante leaving broke that spell.Whatever it was...I believe deep in my heart...We had it!!

I feel the same; such thoughts get me all wistful.

BTW Rumble - your posts are so beautifully uplifting that I wish Joy Division hadn't passed me by. Does it lie above or below the Isthmian league?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

“Leicester City are against making such an arbitrary and excessive payment,” a senior club spokesperson said.

“We are not questioning Richard Scudamore’s incredible contribution to the Premier League, but a £5m bonus is not the best way to appropriate these funds.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/leicester-fury-at-arbitrary-and-excessive-5-million-farewell-for-richard-scudamore-a3992171.html

"We'd much rather spend it on paying off managers".

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

"We'd much rather spend it on paying off managers".

I think we should be glad,that some clubs,are questioning this vile abuse of fans and members trust in this organisation...

What use can it be throwing money at one man!!! It's simply outrageous and stamped on official corruption of funds!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I think we should be glad,that some clubs,are questioning this vile abuse of fans and members trust in this organisation...

What use can it be throwing money at one man!!! It's simply outrageous and stamped on official corruption of funds!!

I suppose it annoyed me that we gave Shakespeare a three-year deal only to sack him four months in and the subsequent pay-off which seemed like a waste of money.

The club have done the right thing on this occasion.