Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

david luiz with one of the weirdest and worst performances of all time here. moved out the way of the ball for one goal and literally did all he could to get out of the way of son running towards goal, there, too. 

• Like 2

Pleased for Claudio.

Shocking from Man Utd. When the players get criticized by the manager for not showing enough heart or taking the game seriously enough you know you've got big problems.

3 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Wembley pitch still looks like shite..  NFL doesn't belong there.

What are you blathering on about? Spurs be in their own stadium if they'd stuck to it. The NFL, which has been there for over a decade I might add, had booked that game in well before Spurs. It's not the NFL's fault.

Also, I assume your desperate pride in Wembley and concern about which sports should and shouldn't be played there means you were deeply opposed to the Khan proposed takeover? If so, can you suggest how the FA maximise revenue if you only allow the certain sports you want to be played there? Or do you just want the FA to be saddled with the debt forever?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

What are you blathering on about? Spurs be in their own stadium if they'd stuck to it. The NFL, which has been there for over a decade I might add, had booked that game in well before Spurs. It's not the NFL's fault.

Also, I assume your desperate pride in Wembley and concern about which sports should and shouldn't be played there means you were deeply opposed to the Khan proposed takeover? If so, can you suggest how the FA maximise revenue if you only allow the certain sports you want to be played there? Or do you just want the FA to be saddled with the debt forever?

Agreed I attended all 3 nfl games at Wembley this year and the pitch wasn’t in the best condition before the first game even started as there was a mud patch strip down the centre of the pitch 

Edited by jammie82uk

13 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

NFL shouldn't be played in this country full stop, fanny sport which only exists to flog adverts for fat overweight yanks

I dont mind NFL but I fear you'd get a load of pseudo hipster NFL wannabes spouting the usual line of ' bu.. but.. its chess with massive pieces' in a facade to make themselves seem smarter than everyone else.

19 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Watching MOTD, what on earth is Sarri doing with Kanté? Wrighty/Shearer were bang on - there's no way Son scores that (admittedly fantastic) goal if it's Kanté playing deep rather than Jorginho.

Sarri uses Jorginho as a deep lying playmaker to start attacks from the back and control the game (Although today he failed) He did the same at Napoli.

Also at Napoli he used Allan as a jack of all trades box to box midfielder, who could defend from the front but also create chances and score. He is trying to improve Kante's attacking game to turn him into that player.

He seems to have a constant system that he plays wherever he goes.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Spicer said:

Sarri uses Jorginho as a deep lying playmaker to start attacks from the back and control the game (Although today he failed) He did the same at Napoli.

Also at Napoli he used Allan as a jack of all trades box to box midfielder, who could defend from the front but also create chances and score. He is trying to improve Kante's attacking game to turn him into that player.

He seems to have a constant system that he plays wherever he goes.

Thanks, I didn't know that about Allan at Napoli! I completely understand Jorginho as the deep-lying playmaker, and he does that metronome job really well - but he's too slow to be the one defending against Son there. Kanté shouldn't be that far up the pitch when Spurs have that level of pace at their disposal on the break.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

NFL shouldn't be played in this country full stop, fanny sport which only exists to flog adverts for fat overweight yanks

Can't agree more and I'm sadly a citizen of the united States of America, shite sport 

• Like 3