Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Oh yeah I know you know about him from the Adrien Silva deal. Wouldn't surprise me if he did that on purpose just to get one over the player leaving too.

There's rumours that it was him that orchestrated the training ground attack, given that he rearranged the training to that specific day, and also turned up "late" 30 mins after it happened.

Surely Wolves would get a closer look at in terms of a FA intervention in connection to all these Portuguese players they are trying to sign at once?

Can't be right from a legal point of view - not that I wouldn't want to see great Portuguese talent in the Premier League, but one club alone signing them all? Fishy.

We're linked with a lot but don't have THAT many. Patricio would make 5 in the first team squad. 

Nothing to do with the FA either. Look at how many French players Arsenal signed under Wenger. 

Edited by The Bear

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

We're linked with a lot but don't have THAT many. Patricio would make 5 in the first team squad. 

Nothing to do with the FA either. Look at how many French players Arsenal signed under Wenger. 

All from the same agent? And in the same off-season?

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Sporting's president (Bruno de Carvalho) is a nutjob. Constantly slagging off the players there and causing unrest.

We've been trying to sign their GK Patricio for a couple of weeks and the president suddenly upped the price from €18m to €20m after the deal was agreed, the player had a medical and agreed a contract. We told him to piss off and Patricio was the first to cancel his contract just over a week ago because of it. We'll get him for free now and Sporting will sue any player who cancels their contract. 

They all have just cause though as it was them who were attacked on the training ground by 50 masked/hooded supporters. Bas Dost got cuts on his head and the place was trashed. All the players want out. 

All these players are worth well over £200m, and I've been told Acuna and Battaglia will follow tomorrow as well. 

Bruno Fernandes is very highly rated by Sporting fans, but he apparently wants Juventus. Martins was linked with Arsenal but is close to a deal with Benfica. I'd take any of them at Wolves including William Carvalho

--------------

As an aside, were also signing striker Raul Jiminez from Benfica. Season long loan with a €30m purchase option. Looks a lot like a better version of Bonatini who we had last season. 

Pretty sure he was laughing at us when we went in for that winger now at Watford, can't remember his name.

Edit; looked it up, Andre Carrillo.

Something along the lines of "why would we sell our players to a small club like Leicester?

So we went and won the league, signed their best player and then benched him.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Haha 1

Good to see Fifa considering proposals to stifle agents' power by introducing a cap to the amount they can earn (BBC).

The less power and influence for agents, the better for football. 

Fifa top brass, Uefa and the FA have met more than 120 agents over concerns about the amount of money "flowing out of the football industry". I am sure Mendes & Co will fight any moves for a clampdown.

Edited by lancyclaret
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Guest said:

No chance of a Playstation unfortunately. Supporting Burnley requires you to burn all your pound notes and other resources, then constantly praise yourself for your massive overachievement in life

Nobody in Burnley has pound notes or pound coins. Pre-decimal currency is used by those who do not still deal in kind.

A "ten bob" note is a fortune and lucky kids get "half a crown" pocket money. The less fortunate get sixpence or a "thruppenny bit".

At some corner shops, you can still get 4 Blackjacks for a penny or 4 MoJos.:)

Half the town's 70,000 population can only afford clogs instead of shoes.

Edited by lancyclaret
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

Oh yeah I know you know about him from the Adrien Silva deal. Wouldn't surprise me if he did that on purpose just to get one over the player leaving too.

There's rumours that it was him that orchestrated the training ground attack, given that he rearranged the training to that specific day, and also turned up "late" 30 mins after it happened.

Adrien Silva, Slimani, Andre Carillo, possibly others. 

Man's an arse. 

4 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

Nobody in Burnley has pound notes or pound coins. Pre-decimal currency is used by those who do not still deal in kind.

A "ten bob" note is a fortune and lucky kids get "half a crown" pocket money. The less fortunate get sixpence or a "thruppenny bit".

At some corner shops, you can still get 4 Blackjacks for a penny or 4 MoJos.:)

Half the town's 70,000 population can only afford clogs instead of shoes.

How much are stink bombs?

Not really impressed with Cardiff's transfer window currently.

Signed Murphy from Norwich and have a bid accepted for Greg Cunningham (Ex-Leicester).

Perhaps Warnock is already preparing for the 2019/2020 Championship season.

17 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Not really impressed with Cardiff's transfer window currently.

Signed Murphy from Norwich and have a bid accepted for Greg Cunningham (Ex-Leicester).

Perhaps Warnock is already preparing for the 2019/2020 Championship season.

If you watch his post match pres conference at which ever game they secured promotion, he pretty much said that. 

9 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Burnley going for a £25m double swoop for Craig Dawson and Jay Rodriguez. Not sure if that seems expensive or not

West Brom fans think Dawson is the player they can LEAST afford to lose. They want him made skipper and the side built around him.

Unless he insists on PL football, I think Dawson will stay there. Rodriguez 50/50.

47 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

West Brom fans think Dawson is the player they can LEAST afford to lose. They want him made skipper and the side built around him.

Unless he insists on PL football, I think Dawson will stay there. Rodriguez 50/50.

I rate him don’t get me wrong. No way will he stay if you seriously want him 

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I rate him don’t get me wrong. No way will he stay if you seriously want him 

Don't know about Rodriguez, but Dyche is a huge admirer of Dawson. First tried to sign CD in the summer after Burnley were promoted with the Foxes in 2014. But Jeremy Peace kept putting up the price although Dawson, not then a regular, was keen on a move and even watched the Clarets in a pre-season friendly.

On 12/06/2018 at 09:51, AKCJ said:

Pretty sure he was laughing at us when we went in for that winger now at Watford, can't remember his name.

Edit; looked it up, Andre Carrillo.

Something along the lines of "why would we sell our players to a small club like Leicester?

So we went and won the league, signed their best player and then benched him.

Yeah, and we only had to pay them £29 million....The fools...!

Oh...wait!

7 minutes ago, murphy said:

Yeah, and we only had to pay them £29 million....The fools...!

Oh...wait!

Burnley are about to pay £25 on Jay rodriguez and Craig Dawson.

Money is irrelevant to sides like us.