Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

5 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

Don't know about Rodriguez, but Dyche is a huge admirer of Dawson. First tried to sign CD in the summer after Burnley were promoted with the Foxes in 2014. But Jeremy Peace kept putting up the price although Dawson, not then a regular, was keen on a move and even watched the Clarets in a pre-season friendly.

Didn't Jay Rodriguez start his career at Burnley? 

1 hour ago, 4everfox said:

Didn't Jay Rodriguez start his career at Burnley? 

Yes. Had to sell him in 2012 when we were more skint than we are now. Received 7 million pound notes from Saints.

Very popular on the south coast - especially with Brighton fans.

Edited by lancyclaret

And more Arsenal News:

Granit Xhaka extends his contract up until 2024.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/other/granit-xhaka-makes-new-arsenal-commitment-with-extended-deal-849198.html

Meanwhile, Gunners fans are crapping themselves - whereas me, I'm looking forward to more sideways and backwards passes, plus comical attempts at clearing the ball or hilarious tackles.

7 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

And more Arsenal News:

https://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/other/granit-xhaka-makes-new-arsenal-commitment-with-extended-deal-849198.html

Meanwhile, Gunners fans are crapping themselves - whereas me, I'm looking forward to more sideways and backwards passes, plus comical attempts at clearing the ball or hilarious tackles.

And the odd stunning goal tbf to him.

3 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

And more Arsenal News:

He's bloody awful. 

• Like 1

It certainly is for a free signing. Cheers Bruno and and Jorge!

Another Portugeezer off the rank. 

European Champion and voted 12th best player in any position in the Ballon D'Or 2 years ago. Slight upgrade on John Ruddy! 

Edited by The Bear

8 minutes ago, The Bear said:

European Champion and voted 12th best player in any position in the Ballon D'Or 2 years ago. Slight upgrade on John Ruddy! 

So he just decided to cancel his contract? I can see lawyers getting involved, we all know about the sporting president. Can't see this having a pretty ending. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Well thats one way of avoiding FFP. It's weird really, you could've just had him move to somewhere like Stoke first and then pick him up for 10p and a Wham bar to the same effect. Maybe you'll pick both the other two who terminated their contracts at Sporting Clube de Portugal

Definitely not dodgy business

Yeah he did, along with about 5 or 6 others now. Wolves and Mendes have given Patricio the best employment lawyers in Portugal. Apparently Sporting will struggle to win their case based on what I've read. And even if they do they will only get compensation for his transfer fee, which we previously agreed to honour anyway if Carvalho resigned and Oatricio returned to the club. Win win situation for us. 

One of these similar cases ages ago took years and years to conclude in the courts. Sporting are ****ed basically. 

Just now, SpazticChicken said:

Well thats one way of avoiding FFP. It's weird really, you could've just had him move to somewhere like Stoke first and then pick him up for 10p and a Wham bar to the same effect. Maybe you'll pick both the other two who terminated their contracts at Sporting Clube de Portugal

Definitely not dodgy business

Players cancelling their contracts at Sporting has nothing to do with us whatsoever.

And like I just said above, we agreed to honour his €18m fee if they could sort it all out between themselves. That was all agreed before he resigned. He had a medical and agreed his contract but Bruno de Carvalho upped the price at the last minute because Mendes was demanding his €4m owed from the Adrien Silva deal from the €18m. We refused to pay more (Chinese businessmen are sticklers for honouring a deal once it's agreed). Patricio was upset at this and forced his exit from the club by terminating his contract. He desperately wanted out as he fears for the safety of his family. All the other players followed suit. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Can see Wolves mopping up the majority of the Sporting deserters.

Hopefully they get William Carvalho so that the world can see how over rated he actually is.

Apparently we don't stand much chance of any of the others. Benfica are trying to sign all of them jist to rub Sporting's nose in it. Bigger Champions League clubs than us want them all though. Especially the likes of Bruno Fernandes and Gelson Martins who I'd love at Wolves. 

I share your rating of William Carvalho. Gone downhill the last couple of years and he was rubbish against Spain. 

Edited by The Bear

7 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Apparently we don't stand much chance of any of the others. Benfica are trying to sign all of them jist to rub Sporting's nose in it. Bigger Champions League clubs than us want them all though. Especially the likes of Bruno Fernandes and Gelson Martins who I'd love at Wolves. 

I share your rating of William Carvalho. Gone downhill the last couple of years and he was rubbish against Spain. 

Danilo is better IMO. 

13 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Players cancelling their contracts at Sporting has nothing to do with us whatsoever.

And like I just said above, we agreed to honour his €18m fee if they could sort it all out between themselves. That was all agreed before he resigned. He had a medical and agreed his contract but Bruno de Carvalho upped the price at the last minute because Mendes was demanding his €4m owed from the Adrien Silva deal from the €18m. We refused to pay more (Chinese businessmen are sticklers for honouring a deal once it's agreed). Patricio was upset at this and forced his exit from the club by terminating his contract. He desperately wanted out as he fears for the safety of his family. All the other players followed suit. 

Seen it said that de Carvalho organised the training ground attack, did they find out what his motive for doing this was?

He used to be one of those ultras himself. If he was behind it then it was more than likely a ridiculous power play trying to show the players he has the power and can get to them at any time. Doing it right before the cup final was a bit stupid though. Then after the attack he basically blamed the players and told them to stop being victims. Unbelievably the fans are still behind him and also blame the players for the performances and constant complaining about their treatment. He spent the season slagging them off and threatening to sell them this summer so they've turned the tables on him. 

• Like 1

Hello, Wolves!

There‘s a talented Algerian striker that could be yours for little money. Tall, strong in the air, rather quick and able on the ball, too.

(Just want to spread the Algerian fanbase for Slimani over two Facebook pages)

Or alternatively, a Nigerian winger/striker who‘s lighting up the Russian Premier League at the moment.?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Hello, Wolves!

There‘s a talented Algerian striker that could be yours for little money. Tall, strong in the air, rather quick and able on the ball, too.

(Just want to spread the Algerian fanbase for Slimani over two Facebook pages)

Or alternatively, a Nigerian winger/striker who‘s lighting up the Russian Premier League at the moment.?

*Special Offer*

Buy Slimani

Get Musa 50% Off

Available Today Only (or whenever the hell you like!)

15 hours ago, The Bear said:

Do you seriously consider Wolves to be a Champions League club, or is that just awkwardly phrased?

Badly written. I meant clubs other than us who are in the Champions League, obvs!

I've read the main reason he has come to us is that Wolves have agreed to cover all his legal fees and future compensation if Sporting win their case against him (which they won't). Other clubs wouldn't do that apparently. 

Edited by The Bear